IJSO 2022 –IJSO (International Junior Science Olympiad) is a natural science solo and team competition for those students who are under and age of 15. Germany has been chosen as the host country for the same. IJSO allow students’ basic scientific ideas and is not confined to Physics, Chemistry and Biology. The exam events include MCQ exams, theory tests, and lab tests, which are held on successive days with at least one day between each test. There are two ceremonies: one at the beginning that is the opening ceremony and one at the end that is the closing ceremony. The test’s final results are announced at the closing ceremony.
What is IJSO?
IJSO exam Introduction NSEJS junior level exam is conducted every year by the Indian Association of Physics Teachers with association Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education. There are three main stages of this exam. In the first stage, the student has to clear the NSEJS (National Standard Examination in Junior Science)exam. NSEJS Exam is only for the selection of 300 students. After that those students give the exam of INJSO (Indian National Junior Science Olympiad) exam.INJSO exam is only for the selection of 35 students. After that those students give the exam of OCSC (Orientation cum selection camp).After this six students are selected for the international level. Those 6 students are selected who are sent for PDT(Pre Department Camp). They have been informed about the organization of the International Junior Science Olympiad and Olympiad.
After this, their IJSO (International Junior Science Olympiad) is organized for these students in the final stage. And these six students represent India in front of all the countries. In these, 6 students from the winning countries are offered to study at universities. Scholarship and they are awarded Gold Medal, Silver Medal Bronze Medal. The aims of the Science Olympiad is to inculcate critical thinking in children and to inculcate interest in science among children. This Olympiad has held every year in different countries around the world more than 50 countries participate in this Olympiad every year. In 2020, the IJSO exam was held in Germany. In 2021 this exam was held in UAE and in 2022 the exam will be held in Ukraine.
IJSO 2022 Important Links
Here is given below all IJSO Important Links for the better convenience of aspirants.
|Title||IJSO official Links|
|IJSO Official website||Click Here|
|Official website for Indian||Click Here|
|IJSO Help desk||Click Here|
IJSO 2022 Important Dates
Here is given below IJSO schedule 2022, Aspirants have to Proceed accordingly.
|Registration for NSEJS||3rd week of February 2022 to 3rd week of April 2022|
|Registration for INJSO||1st week of July 2022|
|Registration closed||Last week of September 2022|
|IJSO exam||1st week of December 2022 to 2nd week of December 2022|
IJSO 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants can see the qualifying requirements that must be checked the following. If these qualifying requirements are not met, the students will be ruled ineligible for IJSO 2022.
- Competitors must be under the age of 15.
- The candidate must have a valid passport from the appropriate nation or be enrolled in that country’s educational system for at least one academic year.
- A standard group is made up of six students and three leaders. If a conventional team cannot be formed, an IJSO team of three students and one leader may compete.
- Teams with less than three members are not eligible for team rewards.
- During the tournament, participants are not permitted to utilise their own knowledge of equations from mathematics, chemistry, physics, and other disciplines.
- Each nation that has either sent a team or an observer to the IJSO in the preceding two years is asked to send a delegation of six students and three team leaders.
IJSO 2022 Exam Pattern
Aspirants may view the IJSO 2022 pattern by scrolling down. However, keep in mind that this is based on data from the previous year.
- The competition is divided into three test papers: MCQ, theoretical, and practical, which are given on three distinct days.
- Each test is typically scheduled for 3-4 hours.
- The language of the tests in English, and each leader will translate it into their own language.
- As a result, each country has the option of using English or their native language.
- The MCQ test contains 30 questions, including 10 questions from each of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- In the MCQ test, one score is awarded for each right answer.
- In the MCQ test, each incorrect answer is worth a 0.25 score.
- In the MCQ exam, questions that are not attempted receive 0 points.
The following table represents no. of questions.
|S. No.||Section||No. of Questions|
No. of Question in NSEJS/IJSO exam 2019
No. of Question in NSEJS/IJSO exam 2020
IJSO 2022 Syllabus
The International Junior Science Olympiad (IJSO) syllabus specifies the abilities and areas of knowledge that competitors should be familiar with. The syllabus’s material is based on the IJSO’s prior syllabus, the syllabi for students up to 15 years old in the participating nations, and the problems presented at the IJSO till the previous edition. Check out the syllabus of IJSO 2022 below.
- Light- Concave Mirror, Deviation Through Two Plane Mirror, T.I.R, Shadow
- Sound- Echo, Node & Anti Node
- Work, Power, Energy- Efficiency & Power
- Magnetism, Gravitation
- Simple Harmonic Motion- Simple Pendulum
- Fluid- Floatation
- Heat- Radiation, Anomalous Behaviour of Water, Thermal Expansion
- Rectilinear Motion- VelocityMotion, Newton’s Laws Of Motion
- Unit Dimension
- Electrostatics- Ohm’s Law, Coulomb’s Law, Combination Of Resistance, potential
- Permutation & Combination
- Arithmetic Progression
- Area Of Parallelogram & Triangles, Similar Triangles
- Geometric Progression
- Linear Equation In Two Variable
- Number System
- Quadratic Equation
- Ratio & Proportion
- Acids, Bases, And Salts
- Analytical Chemistry
- Metals And Non-Metals
- Mole Concept
- Study Of Gas Laws
- Equivalent Concept
- Periodic Table And Periodicity In Properties
- Biodiversity- Chordates, Monera, Non-Chordates
- Biotech- GMC (Genetically Modified Crops)
- Control and Coordination- Endocrine System, Nerve conductor, Sympathetic Nervous System
- Cell Biology- Cell Organelles, Types of Cell
- Human Health & Diseases- Immunity
- Reproduction- Asexual Reproductions
- Heredity and Evolution- DNA Fingerprinting, DNA
- Microbes in Human Welfare
To get a detailed official syllabus, Click Here
IJSO 2022 Preparation Tips and Books
The following are the preparation tips for IJSO entrance exam 2022.
- Plan Properly and Know IJSO exam pattern
- Be Through with the Concepts & Analysis IJSO detailed syllabus
- Make a strict study schedule for IJSO entrance exam preparation
- Solve Previous Years’ IJSO exam sample paper
- Prepare Notes and resvise it time to time.
IJSO 2022 Preparation Books
The following are the best book for IJSO entrance exam preparation.
- Science IQ Challenge
- 1000 Biology Quiz
- Biology Olympiad Book and Physics Olympiad Problems Book
- Solved Olympiad Problems of National & International Exams
- Maths IQ Challenge
- Math Olympiad Problems
Read Also: Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana
IJSO 2022 Previous Year Question Paper
IAPT releases the previous year’s question papers each year after the test has been completed. If you have never taken this test before, NSEJS Previous Year Papers will give you an idea of the level of the exam and help you plan your study schedule. The following table contains links to NSE in Junior Science Question Papers and Answer Keys:
|Subject||Junior Science Part – II|
|Question paper (English)||Click Here|
|Question paper (Hindi)||Click Here|
|Other IJSO PYQP||Click Here|
IJSO 2022 Stages
The IJSO (International Junior Science Olympiad) 2022 test pattern is divided into five phases, which are shown below.
- Stage 1: NSEJS (National Standard Examination in Junior Science), which is administered by the IAPT (Indian Association of Physics Teachers). Only the top 300 applications will be invited to the second round.
- Stage 2: INJSO (Indian National Junior Science Olympiad), which is organised by the HSCSE. Only the top 35 candidates will be eligible to go to the third step at this time, but their names must be on the merit list.
- Stage 3: OCSC (Orientation and Selection Camp), which is also organised by the HBCSE and will last 2 to 3 weeks.
- Stage 4: PDTC (Pre-departure Training Camp), The candidates will be put into teams of six and will have to go through the training procedure established by the HBCSE, which comprises experiments and theory. The top six candidates will be selected as awards based on a merit list and will receive a reward of Rs 5000/-.
- Stage 5: Final participation in the IJSO (International Junior Science Olympiad). Only 12 applications (two teams of six members each) will be chosen, together with three instructors, and all of them will represent India.
IJSO 2022 Registration
Teams who are eligible and eager to participate in IJSO must register on their official website, ijsoweb.org. The registration must be completed within the time-frame indicated. First-time participants must make a request and get a password for pre-registration by submitting an application to their country-specific website. The contact webpage for Indian participants is olympiads.hbcse.tifr.res.in. After receiving the password, complete the pre-registration process using the IJSO’s official website’s pre-registration login page.
Note: Individual applications will not be accepted; only team submissions will be accepted.
To participate in the IJSO (International Junior Science Olympiad) 2022, the group must pay the application cost, which is listed below.
|National Team||$ 800|
|1st three observers||$ 1200|
|From 4th observer||$ 1500|
|Each Visitor||$ 1600|
|Single Room||$ 900|
IJSO 2022 Result
The results of IJSO 2022 will not be made public until the event’s closing ceremony. Individual total points will be used to award medals. Because the MCQ and theoretical tests are individual events, and a practical test is a team event, the individual points for the MCQ and theoretical tests are added to the team points for the practical exam. Whether or not they win a medal, all kids who participate will get a certificate of participation.
- Best theoretical winner: The student selection for the best theoretical winner will be based on MCQ+theoretical test score.
- Best team: The team will be awarded best team-based on the highest practical test score.
- Country Winner: – The total of the scores of all six people is used to determine the country’s winner. In the event of a tie, gold medals receive three points, silver medals receive two points, and bronze medals receive one point. If the tie still exists, only gold & silver medals are considered. In the event of a tie, only gold medals are counted.
Read Also: CSIR/CIASC Innovation Award
IJSO 2022 Contact details
If students have any questions, they can contact the officials through the IJSO 2022 website.
- Email: [email protected]
|Manet Pune admission||Graduate Record Examination|
|Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship||MBBS through management|
Frequently Asked Questions
The Age of students should not be more than 15 years.
Aspirants must be Indian.
Only six students allow in a team and three leaders.
The International Junior Science Olympiad (IJSO) is a science competition held each year for pupils aged 15 and younger. It is one of the International Science Olympiads and the only international academic competition that simultaneously includes physics, chemistry, and biology.
IJSO, or International Junior Science Olympiad, is a highly regarded test for students in the ninth and tenth grades. It is a challenging exam because of two factors: the competitiveness and the difficulty level of the paper. Although there are fewer candidates, the quality of the candidates is quite excellent.
HBCSE hosts the International Junior Science Olympiad (INJSO). The INJSO is held in late January at around 18 locations across the country. The syllabus is identical to that of the NSEJS. The examinations include both objective and lengthy questions.
IJSO is a competitive test offered to students from all over the world who are mostly in secondary school. The IJSO test has about equal representation of all core Science topics (Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics).