PMRF 2021 – The PMRF or Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship is a scheme in which central government provide fellowship or scholarship to all phd aspirants so that they can complete their phd easily. The fellowship can be given to maximum 100 students in a year but every year approx 200 to 250 aspirants take advantage of it now candidate’s can calculate the level of competition in this scheme that is too much low.
If any of the candidate want to pursue doctoral programmes in the field of technology and science then those have wonderful opportunity of PMRF scheme. In order to excess this scheme, the candidate’s have to fulfill terms and conditions as well as eligibility criterion. To know every thing about PMRF 2021, Aspirants have to go through this article.
What is PMRF?
The PMRF is a national level scholarship and has been formulated to improve research quality in various higher educational university/Institute in India. Government want to attract all best students in the field of research through this golden fellowship to complete the dream of development through innovation and this scheme was introduced in the budget of year 2018-19.
In this scheme, the selection of the candidate’s is done through a rigorous selection process as well as the performance of candidate’s also be monitored by the respective authority and this fellowship through PMRF scheme is offered by MHRD ( Ministry of Human Resource Development), Government of India.
PMRF 2021 – Purpose of starting
There are lots of purpose or reason behind starting this scheme out of which some are following.
- To promote research education industry
- To attract aspirants towards research
- Aspirants don’t go abroad for phd
- To provide financial help
PMRF Important Links 2021
Here, we are providing some important links related to PMRF 2021 which aspirants can use according to their need.
PMRF 2021 – Important Date’s
Here we are providing all the important date’s or schedule of PMRF 2021 according to which aspirants have to proceed.
|Notification||To be notified|
|Deadline||To be notified|
|Deadline for direct entry||Similar for granting institutions|
|Deadline for lateral entry||12 month for master degree holder’s|
24 month for bachelor degree holder’s
PMRF 2021 – Eligibility criteria
From the year 2020-21, some changes have been made in the PMRF eligibility criteria 2021 for the fellowship. As per the new instruction, aspirants can apply for the fellowship through two ways or channels that are following.
Direct Entry Channel
- If the Aspirant’s must have completed or be pursuing last year of undergraduate or 5 year integrated M.Tech or 2 year M.Sc or 5 year undergraduate postgraduate dual degree programs in the stream of science and technology from the IITs/IIEST/IISc/NITs/IISERs & centrally funded IIITs then they have secured at least 8.0 CGPA/CPI or If CGPA/CPI of UG and PG courses is given separately, CGPA/CPI of UG course (First four year) will be valid.
- If the Applicants must have completed or be pursuing last year of undergraduate or 2 year M.Sc or 5 year undergraduate postgraduate dual degree programs or 5 year integrated M.Tech in science and technology stream from any other university/Institute recognised in India then they have to secure at least 8 CGPA or equivalent apart from all least 650 score in respective GATE subject.
- Candidate’s must have qualified GATE & be pursuing or completee M.Tech/MS by research from any PMRF granting institutions with minimum 8 CGPA/CPI at the end 1st semester with minimum 4 courses. For all those aspirants who have applying for PMRF after the first semester, then they have secured minimum 8 CGPA which will be based on all courses, thesis, labs that the applicant has completed.
- They must apply for phd programme and get selected in any one of the PMRF granting institutes.
Lateral Entry Channel
- Aspirants must be pursuing phd in any one of the granting institutes.
- If the aspirants joined phd programme with master degree then they have completed at most 12 months while the aspirants joined the phd programme with bachelor degree then they have completed at most 24 months in phd programmes.
- Through the lateral entry channel PMRF, a aspirant can be considered at most twice only.
- Aspirants must have completed at least 4 courses in phd programme with minimum 8.5 CGPA (each of which must be full semester course).
- In case of integrated M.Tech/MSc & phd programs, Aspirants will be eligible to apply within 12 months from completion date of master degree requirements.
Note – The time period of 12 months and 24 months will be calculated from the phd programme admission date till lateral entry application date.
PMRF 2021 – Application process
There is not any official website to applying for PMRF scheme. The candidate’s is nominated by their PMRF granting institutes and after that nominated candidate and his/her work as well as activities will be monitored by the respective authority and candidate’s will be selected on behalf of PMRF selection procedure 2021. if the candidate’s get selected then the link will be provided to that candidate’s for applying. Through this link, candidate’s have fill their personal details, academic details and other required details and subject all the required documents which are following.
Here is the list of documents which candidate’s required at the time of filling PMRF application form 2021.
- Scanned Passport size photograph
- Scanned copy of qualifying exam mark-sheet
- Scanned copy of GATE scorecard
- Abstract copy with maximum 1,000 words in a pdf file.
- CV (Curriculum Vitae)
PMRF 2021 – Selection process
Aspirants will be selected for fellowship on behalf of following parameters. However, Selection will not be done by these parameters only. the final decision will take the selection committee.
- For Direct Entry Channel:
- Publication records
- Research exposure
- Performance in international academic competitions
- Academic grades/marks
- LOR (Letter of recommendation)
- For Lateral Entry Channel
- Strong research proposal
- Academic grades/marks
- Publications record (due weightage will be given to publication in reputed journals/ conferences)
PMRF 2021 – Fellowship
Here is given below the year wise fellowship details which are given to candidate’s after successful selection on PMRF 2021.
|Year||Fellowship (per month)|
|1st Year||Rs. 70,000/-|
|2nd Year||Rs. 70,000/-|
|3rd Year||Rs. 75,000/-|
|4th Year||Rs. 80,000/-|
|5th Year||Rs. 80,000/-|
The candidate’s are also eligible for research grant of Rs. 2 Lakh per annum (total Rs. 10 Lakh) and the fellowship duration is 4 year for integrated course students and 5 year for Btech or equivalent students. However, for all those student’s who are selected through lateral entry channel, the scholarship and it’s obligation will continue only for the remaining candidate’s of the doctoral programme.
PMRF 2021 – Terms and Conditions
Here is some guidelines which candidate’s should know.
- If the candidate’s does not achieve the deliverable after receiving the fellowship, then their fellowship can be discontinued.
- Each fellow expected to teach in neighborhood Polytechnic/ITI/Engineering College once a week as per modalities approved by the government.
- Deliverables have to be designed keeping in mind the topic selected by the fellow.
- The Review Committee continues to monitor fellow’s activities And the next year fellowship is granted only if its performance is satisfied.
PMRF 2021 – Broad discipline
Fellowship program covered total 18 broad discipline which are following.
- Ocean Engineering and Naval Architecture
- Textile Engineering
- Agriculture and Food Engineering
- Biological Sciences
- Biomedical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Design
- Interdisciplinary Programs in Science and Engineering
- Material Science and Metallurgical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Mining, Mineral, Coal and Energy Sector
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science
PMRF 2021 – Granting Institute
There are total 38 granting institutes/university which list are following.
- Aligarh Muslim University
- Banaras Hindu University
- IISc Bangalore
- IISER Berhampur
- IISER Bhopal
- IISER Kolkata
- IISER Mohali
- IISER Pune
- IISER Thiruvananthapuram
- IISER Tirupati
- IIT Bhilai
- IIT BHU
- IIT Bhubaneswar
- IIT Bombay
- IIT Delhi
- IIT Dharwad
- IIT(ISM) Dhanbad
- IIT Gandhinagar
- IIT Goa
- IIT Guwahati
- IIT Hyderabad
- IIT Indore
- IIT Jodhpur
- IIT Kanpur
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Madras
- IIT Mandi
- IIT Patna
- IIT Roorkee
- IIT Ropar
- IIT Jammu
- IIT Palakkad
- IIT Tirupati
- Jamia Millia Islamia
- Jawaharlal Nehru University
- National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli
- University of Delhi
- University of Hyderabad
PMRF 2021 – Help desk
If any aspirants have any issues or doubt then they have to contact to the following details.
- Email Id – [email protected]
- Read more