PMRF 2024 – PMRF or Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship is a scheme in which the central government provides fellowships or scholarships to all Ph.D. aspirants so that they can complete their Ph.D. easily. The fellowship can be given to a maximum of 100 students in a year but every year approx 200 to 250 aspirants take advantage of it now candidates can calculate the level of competition in this scheme which is too low.
If any of the candidates want to pursue doctoral programs in the field of technology and science then those have the wonderful opportunity of PMRF scheme. In order to exceed this scheme, the candidates have to fulfil terms and conditions as well as eligibility criteria. To know everything about PMRF 2024, Aspirants have to go through this article.
What is PMRF?
The PMRF is a national-level scholarship and has been formulated to improve research quality in various higher educational universities/institutes in India. The government wants to attract all the best students in the field of research through this golden fellowship to complete the dream of development through innovation and this scheme was introduced in the budget for the year 2018-19.
In this scheme, the selection of the candidates is done through a rigorous selection process as well as the performance of candidates is also monitored by the respective authority this fellowship through PMRF scheme is offered by MHRD ( Ministry of Human Resource Development), Government of India.
PMRF 2024 – Purpose of starting
There are lots of purposes or reasons behind starting this scheme which some are following.
- To promote the research education industry
- To attract aspirants toward research
- Aspirants don’t go abroad for PhD
- To provide financial help
PMRF Important Links 2024
Here, we are providing some important links related to PMRF 2024 which aspirants can use according to their needs.
PMRF 2024 – Important Date
Here we are providing all the important dates or schedules of PMRF 2024 according to which aspirants have to proceed.
|To be notified
|To be notified
|Deadline for direct entry
|Similar to granting institutions
|Deadline for lateral entry
|12 months for a master’s degree holder’s
24 months for bachelor’s degree holders
PMRF 2024 – Eligibility criteria
From the year 2020-21, some changes have been made in the PMRF eligibility criteria 2024 for fellowship. As per the new instruction, aspirants can apply for the fellowship through two ways or channels that are following.
Direct Entry Channel
- If the Aspirant must have completed or be pursuing the last year of undergraduate or 5 years integrated M.Tech or 2 years M.Sc or 5 year undergraduate postgraduate dual degree programs in the stream of science and technology from the IITs/IIEST/IISc/NITs/IISERs & centrally funded IIITs then they have secured at least 8.0 CGPA/CPI or If CGPA/CPI of UG and PG courses is given separately, CGPA/CPI of UG course (First four year) will be valid.
- If the Applicants must have completed or be pursuing the last year of undergraduate or 2 years M.Sc or 5 year undergraduate postgraduate dual degree programs or 5 years integrated M.Tech in science and technology stream from any other university/Institute recognized in India then they have to secure at least 8 CGPA or equivalent apart from all least 650 scores in respective GATE subject.
- Candidates must have qualified GATE & be pursuing or completing M.Tech/MS by research from any PMRF granting institutions with a minimum of 8 CGPA/CPI at the end of the 1st semester with a minimum of 4 courses. For all those aspirants who have to apply for PMRF after the first semester, then they have secured a minimum of 8 CGPA which will be based on all courses, thesis, and labs that the applicant has completed.
- They must apply for a PhD program and get selected in any one of the PMRF granting institutes.
Lateral Entry Channel
- Aspirants must be pursuing a Ph.D. in any one of the granting institutes.
- If the aspirants joined a Ph.D. program with a master’s degree then they have completed at most 12 months while the aspirants joined the Ph.D. program with a bachelor’s degree then they have completed at most 24 months in Ph.D. programs.
- Through the lateral entry channel PMRF, an aspirant can be considered at most twice only.
- Aspirants must have completed at least 4 courses in the program with a minimum 8.5 CGPA (each of which must be a full semester course).
- In the case of integrated M.Tech/MSc & Ph.D. programs, Aspirants will be eligible to apply within 12 months from the completion date of master’s degree requirements.
Note – The time period of 12 months and 24 months will be calculated from the Ph.D. program admission date till the lateral entry application date.
PMRF 2024 – Application process
There is not any official website for applying for PMRF scheme. The candidates are nominated by their PMRF granting institutes and after that nominated candidate and his/her work, as well as activities, will be monitored by the respective authority and candidates will be selected on behalf of PMRF selection procedure 2024. if the candidates get selected then the link will be provided to that candidates for applying. Through this link, candidates have filled in their personal details, academic details, and other required details and are subject to all the required documents which are follows.
Here is the list of documents that candidates are required at the time of filling PMRF application form 2024.
- Scanned Passport size photograph
- Scanned copy of qualifying exam mark-sheet
- Scanned copy of GATE scorecard
- Abstract copy with a maximum of 1,000 words in a pdf file.
- CV (Curriculum Vitae)
PMRF 2024 – Selection process
Aspirants will be selected for fellowship on behalf of the following parameters. However, Selection will not be done by these parameters only. the final decision will take by the selection committee.
- For Direct Entry Channel:
- Publication records
- Research exposure
- Performance in international academic competitions
- Academic grades/marks
- LOR (Letter of recommendation)
- For Lateral Entry Channel
- Strong research proposal
- Academic grades/marks
- Publications record (due weightage will be given to publication in reputed journals/ conferences)
PMRF 2024 – Fellowship
Here are given below the year-wise fellowship details which are given to candidates after successful selection on PMRF 2024.
|Fellowship (per month)
The candidates are also eligible for a research grant of Rs. 2 Lakh per annum (total Rs. 10 Lakh) and the fellowship duration is 4 years for integrated course students and 5 years for Btech or equivalent students. However, for all those students who are selected through the lateral entry channel, the scholarship and its obligation will continue only for the remaining candidates of the doctoral program.
PMRF 2024 – Terms and Conditions
Here are some guidelines that candidates should know.
- If the candidates do not achieve the deliverable after receiving the fellowship, then their fellowship can be discontinued.
- Each fellow is expected to teach in the neighbourhood Polytechnic/ITI/Engineering College once a week as per modalities approved by the government.
- Deliverables have to be designed keeping in mind the topic selected by the fellow.
- The Review Committee continues to monitor the fellow’s activities And the next year’s fellowship is granted only if its performance is satisfied.
PMRF 2024 – Broad discipline
The Fellowship program covered a total of 18 broad disciplines which are the following.
- Ocean Engineering and Naval Architecture
- Textile Engineering
- Agriculture and Food Engineering
- Biological Sciences
- Biomedical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Design
- Interdisciplinary Programs in Science and Engineering
- Material Science and Metallurgical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Mining, Mineral, Coal, and Energy Sector
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science
PMRF 2024 – Granting Institute
There are a total of 38 granting institutes/universities which list are the following.
- Aligarh Muslim University
- Banaras Hindu University
- IISc Bangalore
- IISER Berhampur
- IISER Bhopal
- IISER Kolkata
- IISER Mohali
- IISER Pune
- IISER Thiruvananthapuram
- IISER Tirupati
- IIT Bhilai
- IIT BHU
- IIT Bhubaneswar
- IIT Bombay
- IIT Delhi
- IIT Dharwad
- IIT(ISM) Dhanbad
- IIT Gandhinagar
- IIT Goa
- IIT Guwahati
- IIT Hyderabad
- IIT Indore
- IIT Jodhpur
- IIT Kanpur
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Madras
- IIT Mandi
- IIT Patna
- IIT Roorkee
- IIT Ropar
- IIT Jammu
- IIT Palakkad
- IIT Tirupati
- Jamia Millia Islamia
- Jawaharlal Nehru University
- National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli
- University of Delhi
- University of Hyderabad
PMRF 2024 – Help desk
If any aspirants have any issues or doubt then they have to contact the following details.
- Email Id – [email protected]
- Read more