KVPY 2022 – KVPY Aptitude Test has been cancelled. According to DST, KVPY has now been merged into INSPIRE. In other words, The respective authority has announced that KVPY (Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojna) aptitude exam would be removed in 2022 and replaced by the INSPIRE initiative.
The KVPY is a national-level scholarship programme for aspirants in grades 11th & 12th. Aspirants in their first year of university can also register for the KVPY. The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) will conduct an aptitude test and interview to determine who is eligible for the KVPY scholarship. Under this plan, aspirants who pass both the test and the interview will be awarded a scholarship.
For complete details regarding KVPY 2022, Either read KVPY information Bulletin which is available on the KVPY official website or go through this article.
What is KVPY?
KVPY (Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana) is a national scholarship/fellowship programme that encourages and promotes highly motivated students to pursue research careers in fundamental scientific courses. The Department of Science and Technology of the Government of India is the driving force behind it. Aspirants who qualify for the KVPY programme, known as KVPY fellows, get a monthly scholarship up to the pre-doctoral level. The Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, administers the KVPY test (IISc). Aspirants who pass the aptitude test will be invited to a face-to-face interview. KVPY fellowships are offered to about 3000 people out of a total of one lakh applicants.
What is KVPY Fellowship?
If a KVPY fellow maintains the minimum grade every year, he is entitled to the monthly stipend until he completes his PhD or 5 years, whichever comes first.
- KVPY fellows must participate and perform satisfactorily in a summer programme in an academic institution of national or international repute or DSIR-approved research labs beginning in their second year of the B.Sc./B.S./B.Math./B.Stat./Integrated M.Sc./Integrated M.Sc./Integrated M.Sc./Integrated M.Sc./Integrated M.Sc./Integrated M.Sc./Integrated M This is required for the fellowship to continue.
- Fellows of the KVPY programme are given an identification card that enables them access to national universities and laboratories that have agreed to provide special privileges such as lab facilities, libraries, and other amenities.
|Basic Science courses||Monthly Fellowship Amount||Annual Contingency Grant|
|SA/SX/SB – 1st to 3rd years of B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Integrated M.Sc./M.S.||Rs. 5,000/-||Rs. 20,000/-|
|SA/SX/SB – during M. Sc./4th to 5th years of Integrated M.Sc./M.S./M.Math./M.Stat.||Rs. 7,000/-||Rs. 28,000/-|
KVPY 2022 Important Links
Here is given below all KVPY Important Links for the better convenience of aspirants.
|Official website||Click Here|
|Information Bulletin||Click Here|
|Apply Now||Click Here|
|Login Portal||Click Here|
|Old Question Paper & Answer Key||Click Here|
|Help desk||Click Here|
KVPY 2022 Important Dates
Here is given below KVPY schedule 2022, Aspirants have to Proceed accordingly.
|Events||Dates 2022 (Tentative)|
|Commencement of Registration Process||1st week of September 2022|
|Last date for submission of application form||Last week of October 2022|
|Last date of application fee payment||1st week of November 2022|
|Admit card availability||1st week of January 2023|
|KVPY 2022 Exam Date||Last week of January 2023|
|Answer key releases||1st week of February 2023|
|Result declaration||3rd week of March 2023|
KVPY 2022 Courses Offered
Here is given below the list of courses offered through KVPY 2022 Entrance Exam.
- Integrated M.Sc.
- Integrated M.S.
- Integrated M.Math.
- Integrated M.Stat.
KVPY 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants interested in applying for the KVPY 2022 scholarship to pursue or are willing to pursue any basic science degree should be from one of the following streams.
- For the KVPY exam, only Indian citizens are eligible to apply.
The following are the eligibility requirements for KVPY 2022 Stream SA.
- In the academic year 2022, the aspirant must be in class XI in the science stream.
- In class X, the aspirant must have received a minimum of 75% in mathematics and science.
- After achieving a minimum aggregate score of 60% in Science courses in class XII, the candidate must pursue B.Sc./B.S./B. Math/B. Stat. or Integrated M.Sc./M.S. in the academic session 2022-23.
The following are the eligibility requirements for KVPY 2022 Stream SX.
- In the academic year 2022, the aspirants must be in class XII in the science stream, OR in the second year of the Cambridge International Examination Board in the academic year 2022.
- In class X, the aspirant must have received a minimum of 75% in mathematics and science.
- After achieving a minimum aggregate score of 60% in Science courses in class XII, the aspirant must pursue B.Sc./B.S./B. Math./B. Stat. or Integrated M.Sc./M.S. in 2022-22.
The following are the eligibility requirements for KVPY 2022 Stream SB.
- In the academic session 2022, the candidate must be enrolled in the first year of a UG programme in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, or Mathematics, such as B.Sc./B.S./B. Math./B. Stat. or Integrated M.Sc./M.S.
- In class XII, the aspirant must have received a minimum aggregate score of 60% in Science courses.
- Before applying for the fellowship, the aspirants must have received a minimum aggregate score of 60% on the first-year final test (if awarded).
- A 10% relaxation in the percentage of marks scored will be provided for SC/ST/PWD aspirants.
- Applied Physics, Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Botany, Biochemistry, Biomedical Sciences, Cell Biology, Chemistry, Ecology, Environmental Science, Physics, Mathematics, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Neurosciences, Physiology, Marine Biology, Human Biology, Genetics, Geology, Geophysics, Materials Science, and Zoology are among the undergraduate streams that are applicable.
- Aspirants should be aware that if the above grades/marks are not achieved, the fellowship will be terminated. The KVPY fellowship is available to the candidate up to the Pre-PhD level or for 5 years, whichever comes first.
- If a KVPY Fellow drops out of the fundamental science stream (B.Sc./B.S./B. Stat./B. Math. or Integrated M.Sc./M.S.) at any point, the Fellowship and Contingency Grant will be forfeited immediately by IISc.
- Aspirants who are members of the Cambridge International Examination Board must be in their second year and willing to pursue an undergraduate degree in any of the basic science courses such as physics, chemistry, biology, or mathematics.
- Aspirants for the Cambridge International Examination Board must additionally achieve a minimum of 60 per cent aggregate in Class 12 Science and Mathematics, as well as 75 per cent marks or percentiles in their Class 10 Mathematics and Science disciplines. SC/ST/PWD applicants receive a 10% reduction in the examination fee: 65 per cent and 50 per cent, respectively.
KVPY 2022 Exam Pattern
Here is given below the KVPY Exam Pattern so that aspirants become friendly with the pattern.
- The exam will be conducted entirely online.
- The exam will be conducted in both English and Hindi.
- The questions will all be objective.
- It will take 3 hours to complete the exam.
- A total of 100 points will be awarded throughout the entire exam.
For Stream SA
|Subjects||Part 1 No. of Ques.||Part 2 No. of Ques.||Total Marks|
For Stream SX/SB
|Subjects||Part 1 No. of Ques.||Part 2 No. of Ques.||Total Marks|
KVPY 2022 Syllabus
The KVPY 2022 syllabus includes material from four major subjects: physics, chemistry, mathematics, and biology. The IISc does not include a syllabus in the KVPY notification, however, it does state that the level of mathematics and science for Stream SA is XI, and for Stream SX and SB, it is XII. Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology are covered in the KVPY 2022 Syllabus for the SA Stream. The SX and SB streams of KVPY 2022 include the same subjects and topics, plus a few additional topics in each subject.
|Polynomials||Kinematics||Periodic Classification of Elements||Cell: Structure and Function, Human Physiology|
|Trigonometric Functions||Refraction||Environmental Chemistry||Control and Coordination in Animals and Plants|
|Quadratic Equations||Electrostatics||Metals and Non-Metals||Heredity and Evolution|
|Geometry||Sources of energy||Classification of Elements & Periodicity in Properties||Plant Physiology|
|Mathematical Reasoning||Work, Energy, and Power||Chemical Reactions||Diversity in Living Organisms|
|Introduction to Trigonometry||Physical-world and measurement||Acids||Reproduction|
|Probability||Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current||Bases and Salts||Life Processes|
|Coordinate Geometry||Electromagnetic Induction||Basic Concepts of Chemistry||Our Environment|
|Surface Areas & Volumes||Gravitation||Thermodynamics|
|Statistics||Laws of Motion||States of Matter|
|Statistics and Probability||Magnetic Effects of Current||Gases and Liquids|
|Real Number||Current Electricity||Carbon Compounds|
KVPY 2022 Preparation Tips
The following are some KVPY 2022 preparation tips.
- Aspirants must create a study strategy and understand the syllabus well.
- Aspirants must also review the themes and subjects on a weekly basis.
- To gain a feel for the KVPY exam, aspirants should practise the previous year’s question papers.
- Aspirants must improve their accuracy and time management skills, which will take months of practice and training.
KVPY Mock Tests
To pass an exam like KVPY, you must practise as much as possible. To prepare for the actual exam, you’ll need sample exams that simulate the experience of a real exam. Mock tests aid in the analysis of your weak and strong areas, as well as the practice of sitting in an exam for three hours.
Students can get the much-needed push to ace the exam with our sample exams, which are backed by AI-driven analysis of your performance.
KVPY 2022 Exam Centers
The KVPY 2022 will be held in every state and major city across the country. Aspirants must bring a valid photo ID to the exam centre along with their Admit Card. The venue of the Examination will be written on the admit card.
KVPY 2022 Admission Procedure
first, the respective authority Releases Online Notification regarding KVPY then aspirants have to complete the KVPY Application Process. and then for a short duration, Faculty provide a Correction chance in the Application Form. after that Admit card will be released and aspirants need to appear in the KVPY Exam. then the KVPY result will be declared and for final admission, Aspirants have to participate in the Counselling Process and Allotment of Seats.
KVPY 2022 Application Form
The KVPY application form 2022 is available online, and applicants must submit it before the deadline. The instructions are given in this section in a step-by-step format. Follow the steps below to finish the registration procedure for the aptitude exam and interview.
KVPY’s official webpage can be found here. On the homepage, select “KVPY Aptitude test 2022 Application portal.” Now, go to the “Registration and Application Login” section and click the link. A page with terms and conditions relating to the scholarship exam will appear on the screen. Please read them and then press the I Agree to button if you agree. Following that, you must click on the Register button on the same page. To register on the page, provide the requested information such as your name, phone number, date of birth, and valid email address.
After the registration procedure is done, you will receive login credentials to your email address and phone number. Use them to log in to the KVPY 2022 application website. Now fill out the remaining fields on the application form, such as your exam preference and exam centre option. Now is the time to upload your documents to the internet. In the case of reserved categories, you will need to upload a recent photo, signature, educational qualification certificate, and caste certificate. Pay the application cost and submit the form after that.
KVPY 2022 Application Fee
This website contains the registration form as well as the notification for the year 2022. The application cost can be paid via the internet. Candidates can pay using a debit or credit card, a net banking account, or an E-challan. Applicants must pay the application cost as specified. Check out the following link for more information about the application fee.
|General & OBC||Rs. 1,000/-|
KVPY 2022 Correction
Because the authority does not provide an edit option to correct errors, aspirants must double-check and validate their information before final submitting the KVPY application form 2022.
KVPY 2022 Admit Card
The details of the KVPY 2022 Admit Card are listed here. This will make it easier for aspirants to obtain their KVPY Admit Card. The KVPY Admit Card will be distributed via the internet.
The KVPY Admit Card may only be downloaded from the official website. By entering their User ID and Password, students can download the KVPY Admit Card. Before the second week of the exam, aspirants will be able to download the KVPY Admit Card. Candidates must review the KVPY Admit Card for vital information such as the exam centre address and other instructions. Candidates must bring their College ID/School ID, as well as their admit card, to the exam centre. Without a piece of ID evidence and an admit card, no applicant will be allowed to enter the exam venue.
Appeared for the KVPY 2022
Aspirants are mandatory to appear in the KVPY exam for admission and don’t forget to carry a printout of admit card as well as at least one original identity proof.
KVPY 2022 Answer Key
The KVPY 2022 Answer Key is discussed in this section. After the exam, the KVPY 2022 Answer Key will be issued. The KVPY 2022 Answer Key will assist aspirants in estimating their chances of passing the admission exam.
The online mode will be used to release the KVPY 2022 Answer Key. The KVPY Answer Key can be downloaded from the official website. To get the KVPY 2022 Answer Key, applicants must first log in using their credentials. The KVPY Answer key will include all of the right answers to the exam’s questions. The authority will issue the KVPY Answer Key along with the KVPY 2022 Question Papers. The KVPY Answer Key Pdf is available for download by candidates. Applicants can estimate their grades by adding up the answers they chose on the exam.
KVPY 2022 Result
Here are the details of the KVPY 2022 Result. The KVPY 2022 Result will be announced in an online format. Only the official website can be used to check the KVPY 2022 Result. The authority will not notify the applicants individually prior to the KVPY 2022 Result.
In the third week of December 2022, the KVPY 2022 Result will be revealed. Following the announcement of the results, a merit list for each stream (SA, SB, and SX) will be compiled. Following the KVPY 2022 Result, aspirants will be shortlisted for further selection and counselling rounds.
KVPY 2022 Cut Off
We’ll go through the details of the KVPY 2022 Cut Off here. The KVPY 2022 Cut Off will be available in an online format. The KVPY 2022 Cut Off will be released for all categories and streams by the authorities.
To be qualified for the next step, pupils must score at least the KVPY 2022 Cut-Off. Aspirants who meet the KVPY 2022 Cut Off will be invited to participate in the counselling procedure.
CUT OFF (2019)
EXPECTED CUT-OFF (2022)
KVPY 2022 Interview
The KVPY 2022 interview is the final stage or round of the application process. Aspirants are invited to an interview when the results of aptitude tests are released. Using the application credentials, students can download the interview call letter. Applicants must carry the following documents in the required formats: Application form, Interview call letter, attested copy of marks card, Caste certificate, Medical certificate (for PWD candidates), Self-Appraisal form, Study certificate form, and Teacher Recommendation Form. The KVPY Scholarship Grant will be awarded depending on the applicant’s performance on the KVPY Aptitude Test and the KVPY Interview.
KVPY 2022 Counselling
The KVPY 2022 Counseling/ Selection will be based on the applicants’ performance in the aptitude test, with those aspirants being picked for the admission procedure at a later stage. After the interview phase, students will be invited to the final round of the admissions process. Students who apply for the Fellowship test will be evaluated on their interview skills as well as their aptitude scores. Candidates who have been selected for further consideration must bring all needed documents in their original form for verification reasons alone. They will receive their final admission after the verification of their documentation is finished.
KVPY 2022 Participating Institutes
Here is given below the list of KVPY participating Institutes which accept the KVPY Exam rank card.
- IISERs Pune
- IISERs Bhopal
- IISERs Kolkata
- IISERs Mohali
- IISERs Thiruvanthapuram
- IISERs Tirupati
- IISERs Berhampur
KVPY 2022 Contact details
For every query regarding KVPY 2022, Either you can contact to KVPY Help desk which is given below or ask us through a comment.
Address: The Convener
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY)
Indian Institute of Science
Bangalore – 560 012
- Telephone Number: (080)-22932975 / 76, 23601008, 22933536
- Email Address for Application queries: [email protected]
- Email Address for Fellowship queries: [email protected]
- Fax: (080)-2360-1215
Frequently Asked Questions
Admission to B.Sc. Undergraduate Science Programs at IISC, IISER, IIST, IIIT Hyderabad, and CVCE with Fellowships for Basic Science Studies and Free Access to All National Libraries in India
For the KVPY exam, only Indian citizens are eligible to apply. Candidates must apply for this test if they are enrolled in Class 11th (science stream). Minimum Points: Candidates must have a minimum of 75% (65% for SC/ST/PWD) in Mathematics and Science in order to be considered.
KVPY’s Financial Advantages
If you pass the KVPY, you will be eligible for a scholarship beginning in your first year of college and continuing through graduation. From the first to third year of B.Sc/ B. Stat/ B.S. etc.
This prestigious fellowship is open to students pursuing science at the post-matriculation level, undergrad courses in basic sciences, and engineering/medical courses. Students must take the KVPY SP (Medicine) examination to be eligible for a KVPY scholarship for their MBBS degree.
This year’s KVPY application fees could be Rs 1250 (Rs 625 for SC/ST/PWD).