MHT CET 2023 – MHT CET 2023 will release their application form in February 2023. Based on student feedback, several coaching institutes will offer MHT CET, Question Papers. MHT CET answer key will be available in the final week of August 2023. Candidates must spend INR 800 to file an objection against the MHT CET tentative answer key.
What is MHT CET?
MHT CET, commonly known as Maharashtra common entrance examination, is a state-level exam administered by the Maharashtra CET cell for the purpose of providing seats to aspirants in colleges that participate in MHT CET for admissions. This entrance exam admits aspirants to a variety of courses in sectors such as engineering (which provides degree programmes such as B.tech) and pharmacy ( offering B.pharma). Aspirants will assign seats on the basis of their achievement in the admission examination.
MHT CET 2023 Important Links
The following are MHT CET Important Links for the convenience of aspirants.
|Official website||Click Here|
|CET Cell Home||Click Here|
|Help desk||Click Here|
MHT CET 2023 Important Dates
The MHT CET registration for 2023 has closed on the official website of the State Common Entrance Test Cell. Aspirants can find MHT CET dates in the table below.
|MHT CET Application form Start Date||February 2023|
|Last date for submitting MHT CET application form||April 2023|
|Last date for submitting MHT CET application form (with a late fee of INR 500)||April 2023|
|MHT CET Admit Card||July 2023 (PCM)|
July 2023 (PCB)
|MHT CET 2022 Exam Date||August 2023 (PCM Group)|
August 2023 (PCB Group)
|MHT CET Answer Key (Provisional)||Last week of August 2022|
|MHT CET Result Date||1st week of October 2022|
|MHT CET 2022 Counseling Date||1st week of November 2022|
MHT CET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for this exam, candidates should confirm their eligibility using the criteria listed below to avoid being surprised if they are rejected during the admissions process.
- He or she must be an Indian permanent resident.
- There is no age limit for candidates who wish to take the exam.
- The aspirants must have obtained at least passing grades in the 12th grade from an SSC or HSC board, with physics and chemistry as obligatory courses and maths/biology as optional subjects, depending on the stream the individual wishes to pursue further study.
- Appearing candidates are also eligible.
- In order to appear in the test, general applicants must have received at least 50% aggregate marks in the topics listed above.
- Female aspirants are not eligible for mining engineering courses.
- Aspirants who passed their qualifying test in Maharashtra or who have Maharashtra as their home state are eligible for the state quota.
- An aspirant who has a domiciled certificate through his or her mother or father is also eligible for the state quota.
- The state quota is available to aspirants whose parents work for the Indian government and are commissioned in Maharashtra.
- Aspirants whose parents are Maharashtra state, government employees.
- Aspirants who have passed their SSC or HSC exams yet live in the disputed region between Karnataka and Mumbai.
MHT CET 2023 Exam pattern
The following are the exam Pattern of MHT CET 2023.
- The examination will conduct entirely online.
- The question will ask in an MCQ format, with four options to pick from in order to answer it.
- The examination will take 180 minutes to complete, which is a maximum of 3 hours.
- Each subject will have 50 questions that you must answer within the allotted time.
- You will receive 2 marks for each correct response; however, there will be no negative marking for incorrect answers.
MHT CET 2023 Mock Tests
Mock examinations are essential study tools for any competitive exam. Mock tests might assist applicants to acquire a better understanding of the question paper before taking the MHT CET 2023 exam. Furthermore, mock tests can assist applicants in developing their own strategy for prioritising portions to respond first, dividing the total time to complete specific sections, and identifying relevant questions that are frequently asked over time.
MHT CET exam syllabus
Here is the overview of MHT CET Syllabus.
The exam is held for two streams: PCM (physics, chemistry, and mathematics) and PCB (physics, chemistry, and biology). This exam will give in an online format. The weightage for the class 11th curriculum in the exam will be around 20%, while the syllabus for the class 12th standard will be given an 80 per cent weightage for analysing the child’s genuine ability and capabilities.
How to prepare for MHT CET exam?
The following are the some MHT CET Preparation Tips
- Revise the above-mentioned curriculum thoroughly.
- If you are unable to revise both years’ syllabuses (class 11th and 12th), focus on the class 12th syllabus, which carries an 80 per cent weightage.
- Take quick notes on the subjects so you may review them later when you have free time.
- As much as possible, practise with the previous year’s questions and take online mock examinations.
MHT CET 2023 Admission Procedure
Aspirants must first complete the MHT CET application form, then download and produce the MHT CET Admit card at the exam. After that, the appropriate MHT CET authority will release the MHT CET results, and candidates will need to attend counselling and complete all formalities in order to consider for final admission.
MHT CET 2023 Application Form
In the previous incarnation of the exam, the MHT CET application procedure has completed entirely online. The applications for MHT CET 2023 will accept online at the official website according to the schedule. For new aspirants’ registration, one must first register on the website mahacet.org. Following that, prospects can apply online by completing an application form.
Go to mahacet.org and click on the appropriate course to apply for MHT CET for that course. Complete the MHT CET registration form by clicking on Registration. and after that Carefully enter your email address and phone number. Log in to the website and complete the application form with the necessary information. After that, upload all required documents, including a scanned photo and signature. Complete the payment of the application fee now.
MHT CET 2023 Application Fee
Aspirants must pay an examination/application fee when filling out the online form. Aspirants charge an application fee of Rs 800, as was the case last year. The table below shows the application fee amounts for various categories based on the most recent exam iteration.
|General/ J&K Migrants/ OMS||Rs. 800/-|
|ST/ SC/ OBC/ PWD/ NT/ SBC||Rs. 600/-|
MHT CET 2023 Admit card
The MHT CET admit card will be available on the Maharashtra State Common Entrance Test Cell’s official website. Aspirants can enter their application number and password in the login box to download the admission card. The MHT CET Admit Card will contain all test information, including the location, day, and location of the exam, as well as the student’s name, application number, photograph, and signature.
A valid picture identity card – Aadhaar Card, Passport, Voter ID Card, Driving License, and PAN Card – is required in addition to the MHT CET admission card. Aspirants will not allow accessing the exam centre unless they have their MHT CET admit card.
Appear for MHT CET 2023
The MHT CET will be held in two sessions, with the dates to be notified subsequently by the Common Entrance Test Cell. Candidates should arrive at the exam centre at least one hour prior to the start of the exam.
MHT CET 2023 Answer Key
After the exam, the authorities will provide the tentative MHT CET answer key. If the MHT CET 2023 answer key contains any errors, applicants will have the option to challenge it. The final answer key will be given once all of the concerns have been investigated. Aspirants can also estimate their MHT CET scores by comparing their response sheets to the answer key.
MHT CET 2023 Result
The State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra, normally publishes the results of the MHT CET exam on its official website, mahacet.org. The exam answer sheets are carefully assessed, and tentative answer keys for each set of question papers as well as applicant response sheets are also released on the aforementioned website.
After the exam, aspirants can check their results on the website according to the schedule. To view the results, there is no need to log in to the portal. To view the aspirant’s Response, you must first log in with your Registration ID and Password.
After the document verification process is completed, the final merit lists for MHT CET 2023 are expected to be released. Aspirants will be invited to apply for admission, and when the documents have been verified, the merit list of aspirants will be made available on the Internet. This pattern was observed in the previous year’s exam and is predicted to continue this year.
MHT CET 2023 Cut off
The cutoff for the entrance exam will most likely announce by several participating institutes. The MHT CET cut-off will be announced in the form of closing ranks once all of the counselling procedures have been completed.
The MHT CET 2023 cutoff is based on a number of factors, including the total number of seats available, the number of applicants who have taken the exam, the exam’s difficulty level, and the applicants’ performance.
MHT CET 2023 Counselling
Only those who pass the entrance exam are eligible to participate in the MHT CET 2023 counselling process. Otherwise, seats will assign to other candidates if all of the selected applicants are not physically present at the time of counselling. MHT CET will have three rounds of counselling, followed by a spot / institutional round based on seat availability.
Aspirants must register for MHT CET counselling and fill up their college preferences in order of preference.
Aspirants must have their documents verified at the designated centres after registering. MHT CET qualifying candidates do not have to pay a fee for counselling. Applicants based on JEE Main scores, on the other hand, must pay the counselling cost.
Colleges accepting MHT CET 2023 Score
More than 200 of the exam’s participating institutes recognise MHT CET scores. During the MHT CET counselling and seat assignment process, candidates can choose their chosen institute for admission. Take a peek at some of the colleges that will accept MHT CET 2023 scores.
- K. J. Somaiya College of Engineering
- Sinhgad Academy of Engineering
- Sardar Patel College of Engineering
- Government College of Engineering, Amravati
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology, Mumbai
- NBN Singhad School of Engineering
- Dr. D. Y. Patil Institute of Technology, Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidya Pratishthan Society
- Sinhgad Institute of Technology and Science
- Lokmanya Tilak College of Engineering
- ICT – Institute Of Chemical Technology
MHT CET 2023 Contact Details
Applicants can contact the following numbers if they have any technological concerns during the various MHT CET sessions.
- Phone (Boardline) = 022 – 22016153 / 57/ 59
- E-Mail = [email protected]
Frequently Asked Questions
MHT CET 2023 notification has not been released, yet.
No notification released, yet. However, there are lots of chances to conduct an exam in August or September 2023. The MHT-CET 2023 is a computerised examination (CBT). Candidates are needed to download and print the application form for future reference and usage.
The MH CET 2023 Application Form will open in February 2023.
JEE Main and MHT CET are frequently contrasted in terms of difficulty because MHT CET is regarded to be on par with JEE Main. The questions will be based on the state board syllabus, and there will be significantly more questions to complete in three hours than in JEE Main. The difficulty level is said to be comparable to JEE Main.
Scores between 165 and 149 were regarded as the 99.99 percentile in MHT CET 2018 results, according to relevant statistics. A score of 136 equalled 99.88 percentile, whereas a score of 113 equalled 98.07 percentile. According to the 2017 results, a score of 145-136 was in the 99.99 percentile.