BSc Operation Theatre Technology – For those finishing their 10+2 education, B.Sc. Operation Theatre Technology is a well-liked professional option. A patient care, aid during surgery, and all other activities taking place in an operating room are dealt with in this area of healthcare. Therefore, these personnel handle all pre-, mid-, and post-operative tasks. The professional staff in the OT is split into two groups – one that collaborates with the surgeon directly, and the other that assists this group. To know more about BSc OTT, read the entire article.
What is BSc Operation Theatre Technology?
BSc OTT or operation theatre technology is a full-time 03-year UG degree course that covers a variety of operation theatre technology-related medical issues in addition to standard checkups and office work. This course aims to instruct students in a variety of operating room procedures, including sterilisation, disinfection, and more. Candidates who are interested in pursuing a Bachelor’s degree must pass their 10+2 in the science stream. Students who successfully complete a B.Sc. in operation theatre technology may be able to find entry-level positions as medical clerks or technologists in a variety of hospitals and healthcare organisations.
Why Choose a BSc (Bachelor of Science) Operation Theatre Technology (OTT)?
The following reasons support picking this BSc in Operation Theatre Technology.
- You will gain experience working with doctors, nurses, anaesthetists, and other junior doctors, and this programme will help you develop your confidence.
- You can work as a teacher or lecturer in the area after earning your master’s degree. This programme is also excellent for landing high-paying jobs.
- In some hospitals and healthcare facilities, experienced technologists have the opportunity to work in emergency rooms and intensive care units.
- If you graduate from this programme with exceptional grades and from a reputable college, you will be hired by a reputable hospital and be able to earn an excellent salary along with additional benefits.
BSc Operation Theatre Technology Course Eligibility Criteria
Every institution has a unique set of requirements for BSc in OTT eligibility since each one has its own set of guidelines that must be followed. Aspirants can review the following qualifying requirements for the B.Sc. in operation theatre technology.
- Candidates who want to apply for admission to the BSc OTT programme must successfully finish their 10+2 with a total aggregate score in physics, chemistry, and biology of fifty per cent or more.
- Aspirants must succeed on the entrance exam and, if necessary, make the merit list.
- Aspirants can apply to highly selective universities and colleges provided they meet the entry requirements.
BSc Operation Theatre Technology Courses Admission Process
Every university has a unique admissions method for B.Sc. operation theatre technology. A few institutions have their own entrance exams to determine who is eligible for admission, however the majority of universities that offer admission to B.Sc. operation theatre technology bases admission decisions on merit. Students are encouraged to review the detailed admissions procedure listed below:
- Candidates must review the eligibility criteria to make sure they satisfy all of its requirements.
- Candidates that meet the requirements for admission must complete the application, which is often offered in both an online and offline version.
- The authorities compile a merit list from each application they receive and then provide admission to the top candidates who meet their requirements.
- Aspirants can accept the admission offer letter and book their seats.
BSc Operation Theatre Technology Entrance Exams
Aspirants must take the necessary entrance tests in order to be accepted into the institution of their choosing. Each college has its own set of entry tests for the B.Sc. in Operation Theatre Technology. Among the tests that universities frequently administer are:
|Entrance Exam||Read More|
|BVP CET||Click Here|
|AIIMS Entrance Exam||Click Here|
|NPAT||Click Here | Click Here|
|CU CET||Click Here|
|IPU CET||Click Here|
BSc Operation Theatre Technology Course Fee Structure
Each institution has a unique cost structure for the B.Sc. in operation theatre technology. The fee structure is determined based on the amount of outside financing the school receives as well as the amenities it offers students, such as labs, field trips, and more. The average fee of a B Sc in OTT at a private institution ranges from Rs. 8,00,000 to Rs. 50,000 for the full programme.
Some of the college’s fees are mentioned below.
|Name of Institute||Total Fee Structure|
|Vivekananda Global University, Jaipur||Rs. 2 LPA|
|Jagadguru Sri Shivarathreeswara University, Mysore||Rs. 2 LPA|
|Gurukul Institute of Management and Technology, [GIOMAT] New Delhi||Rs. 2 LPA|
|Sree Balaji Medical College and Hospital, Chennai||Rs. 2.5 LPA|
|G.D. Goenka University, Gurgaon||Rs. 2 LPA|
BSc (Bachelor of Science) Operation Theatre Technology (OTT) Syllabus
The following table covers B.Sc. OTT syllabus.
|1st year||2nd year||3rd-year|
|Physiology||Medicine Outline||CSSD Procedures|
|Biochemistry||Clinical Microbiology||Applied Anatomy and Physiology|
|Principles of Management||Basic Anaesthetic techniques||Basics of Surgery|
|Pathology||Applied Anatomy and physiology||Regional anaesthetic techniques|
|Basics of Computer||Clinical Pharmacology||–|
|Anatomy||Principles of Anaesthesia||–|
BSc Operation Theatre Technology Scope
A degree in B.Sc. operating theatre technology has a lot of potential in terms of work prospects, job happiness, and return on investment. The need for BSc in operation theatre technology positions is rising along with India’s growth of its healthcare and medical infrastructure. Graduates of the B.Sc. programme in operating room technology who possess a strong skill set can work as surgical technologists or lab technicians at a hospital. The degree is of a vocational nature and calls for practical experience with various medical procedures.
BSc Operation Theatre Technology Higher Studies
- M.Sc Operation Theatre Technology
- Certificate course in Operation Theatre Technology
BSc Operation Theatre Technology Job Profiles
- Lab Technician
- Anaesthetist consultant
- OT Technician
- Associate Consultant
- Teacher and Lecturer
BSc Operation Theatre Technology Recruiters
- Fortis Hospital
- Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital and Medical Research Center
- Max Healthcare
- Dr. LH Hiranandani Hospital
- Bombay Hospital and Medical Research Center
- AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences), New Delhi
- Lilavati Hospital and Research Center
- Manipal Hospital
BSc Operation Theatre Technology Salary
The expected money for those with a B.Sc. in operation theatre technology is highly debatable. A person’s pay is based on their qualifications and expertise in their industry. For freshers, the average compensation is roughly Rs. 4.5 lakh per year. Someone applying with 1-3 years of experience may expect to make about Rs. 7 lakh a year in compensation. With bonuses, gratuities, and overtime pay, the top-level BSc OTT salary for an applicant with five years of experience is around Rs. 20 lakh annually.
|Job Profile||Annual Salary|
|Lab technician||Rs 2,01,000|
|OT Technician||Rs 2,01,000|
|Anaesthetist consultant||Rs 10,00,000|
BSc Operation Theatre Technology colleges
Here is given below the list of Some reputed colleges and universities to pursue BSc Operation Theatre Technology courses.
|Sl. No.||Name of the College|
|2||Aryabhatta knowledge university|
|3||Symbiosis Institute of health sciences|
|4||Manipal School of Allied Health Sciences Manipal|
|5||Maharishi Markandeshwar University|
|6||Guru Gobind Singh Medical College and Hospital Faridkot|
|7||School of nursing and health sciences, Noida International University, Noida|
|8||S Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, Bangalore|
|9||Apollo Institute of hospital management and allied science, Chennai|