MS ENT – MS ENT admittance is a highly competitive course for students. A post-graduate degree programme called the Master in Surgery in ENT lasts three years. A doctor who specialises in treating disorders of the nose, throat, and ears is known as an Entomology. They receive comprehensive training to treat diseases affecting the neck, upper pharynx, ears, nose, larynx, oral cavity, voice box, and nasal tube. To know everything about MS Entomology, go through this article.
What is MS ENT?
A postgraduate degree is called a Master of Surgery or MS ENT. After completing a 5-year MBBS degree or any other pertinent medical programme at the graduate level, one may pursue this 3-year course. Students can learn about topics including otolaryngology and illnesses of the ear, eyes, and throat through this course.
Passing entrance examinations like INI CET, NEET-PG, etc. is the main admission requirement for candidates to study MS ENT in colleges. Every year, the tests are given at the national level. Students have three years from the time they register to finish all of their education. The entire process of teaching and learning takes place offline.
In India, there are numerous colleges that grant MS Entomology degrees. AIIMS Delhi, Christian Medical College, Madras Medical College, etc. are a few of the popular choices for candidates. In India, the fees of an MS Entomology course range from 50,000 to 20,000. Professionals can pick from a wide variety of career categories after earning their MS Entomology. Following the Entomology course, ENT surgeons, professors, etc. are some of the professions with the highest salaries.
Why Choose a Master of Science in Entomology?
The MS ENT programme has a number of advantages, and people who choose to enrol in it stand to gain many advantages, including.
- This course can be chosen by students who are interested in studying surgical practice, surgical methodology, in-depth Otolaryngology or Entomology studies, and their applications.
- Candidates will gain a deeper understanding of practical and surgical approaches to address diverse ENT issues as well as advanced research-based thesis creation in this course.
- The majority of the course is devoted to performing appropriate investigative and therapeutic treatments for various Entomology-related illnesses as well as numerous common surgical techniques.
- The most valuable degree in healthcare and medical fields is an MS and graduates with an MS are eligible for a number of work options with better pay scales.
- The school places a strong emphasis on fundamental surgical studies, modern practical sessions, and a written thesis in its final stages.
- It enables the applicants to focus on otolaryngology and ENT medical studies.
MS ENT Course Eligibility Criteria
The following are a few examples of the eligibility requirements for MS Entomology admission.
- In higher secondary school, chemistry, physics, and biology are required as core subjects.
- Enrolling in a 5-year MBBS programme or finishing any graduate programme in pertinent medical subjects is required.
- Candidates must apply and take any entrance tests held annually for admission to a postgraduate degree after earning their MBBS degree.
- Following an MBBS degree, candidates must complete a one-year in-house internship as another requirement.
- IELTS, TOEFL, and other English language proficiency test scores, mark sheets, and other documentation must be submitted to the institution by those who wish to pursue their MS in ENT studies overseas.
MS ENT Courses Admission Process
All candidates must get an MBBS degree with at least 60% overall grades, as was previously specified. A year of internal medicine training must be completed before candidates can apply for entrance exams. Those who are selected to take the admission exam are ranked based on their score. They can apply to certain colleges based on this ranking. These youngsters attend a counselling session to discuss their top three college choices. All the relevant colleges conduct a round of private interviews with the applicants prior to final admission. Before choosing the final admissions list, several universities undertake group discussions with all the candidates.
MS ENT Entrance Exams
The majority of the top MS ENT institutes in India have been admitting students mostly based on entrance exams. Top MS Entomology admission exams include the following.
- NEET PG
- AIIMS PG / INI CET
- JIPMER PG
Read Also: Top 10 Medical Colleges in India
MS ENT Course Fee Structure
The usual annual programme fee for an MS in ENT is between 50,000 and 20,000 Indian Rupees. The amenities that colleges offer to students, like lab equipment, surgical demonstration facilities, the college’s standing, etc., determine their respective costs.
Government or public colleges accept applications from those with limited funds because their course fees are significantly lower than those at private universities. Any government university’s MS Entomology programme typically costs between 45,000 and 3,000,000 Indian rupees (Rs.) per year. The cost of the MS in ENT degree ranges from 5,000 to 20,00,000 a year in private colleges. It should be mentioned that better entrance exam scores are necessary for admission to government medical institutes.
|AVERAGE ANNUAL FEES
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, Delhi NCR
|Christian Medical College, Vellore, Tamil Nadu
|Rs. 1.77 Lakh
|Madras Medical College
|Sri Ramchandra Institute of Higher Education and Research, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
|Rs. 20 Lakhs
|Christian Medical College, Ludhiana
|Rs. 6.5 Lakhs
|Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Ajmer, Rajasthan
|Seth GS Medical College, Mumbai, Maharashtra
|Nims University, Jaipur
|Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi
|Government Medical College, Amritsar, Punjab
|Rs. 1.25 Lakh
Master of Science in Entomology Syllabus
The following table contain the MS ENT curriculum.
|General surgical methods
|General surgical method
|Internship/ Practical training
|General medicine ward
|Radiology and Radiotherapy
|ENT surgical methods and upper aerodigestive tract endoscopy
|Research work presentation
|Operation theatre session
MS ENT Scope
After completing their MS Entomology degree, graduates have a wide range of prospects. Graduates can find employment in the public and private sectors. Following are some of the high-profile positions that are open:
MS ENT Job Profiles
- Chief surgeon
- Medical Scientist
- Research Assistant
- ENT Assistant
- ENT Specialist
- General ENT Consultant
- Senior Data Analyst
- Senior OPT
MS ENT Employment Areas
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Pathology Clinics
- Government and Private Hospitals
- Drug Manufacturing Factories
- Medical Laboratories
- Nursing Homes
- Institutions/ Universities
MS ENT Recruiters
- ArtemisEnterprise Medical Service
- Apollo Super Speciality Hospital
- Columbia Asia
- Indo-American Hospital
- Max Healthcare Institute Ltd.
- Indian Railways
- Sparsh Hospitals
- Vitality Healthcare
- Narayana Hrudayalaya Health City
- Fortis Hospital
- StaffPointe Recruiter
- Onyx M.D
- Oncquest Laboratories Pvt. Ltd.
- Medall Healthcare Pvt. Ltd.
- National Institute of Health
- Central Bureau of Investigation
MS ENT Higher Studies
- M.Sc in ENT
- PhD in ENT
MS ENT Salary
An MS in ENT graduate may expect to make between INR 4 and 10 LPA on average, with their pay gradually rising as they gain knowledge and experience.
|Average Salary Scale
|5,00,000 to 9,00,000 INR
|3,00,000 to 5,55,000 INR
|2,00,000 to 4,00,000 INR
|8,00,000 to 12,00,000 INR
|5,00,000 to 8,50,000 INR
MS ENT colleges
Here, we’ve listed the greatest medical schools that offer this course so that you can be accepted to the best college. These institutions are well known for providing top-notch instruction as well as top-notch faculty, facilities, and infrastructure.
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- Madras Medical College
- Christian Medical College, Vellore and Ludhiyana
- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Rajasthan
- Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi
- Seth GS Medical College, Mumbai
- Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences
- NIMHANS, Bengaluru
- NIMS Medical University, Jaipur
|IIT KGP MMST
|Diploma in Animal Husbandry
|DSEU B.Optometry Admission
|CPNET Medical Exam
Frequently Asked Questions
Candidates can enrol in the 3-year Master of Surgery in ENT programme after earning their MBBS.
Master of Science in Entomology.
The average yearly pay for ENT specialists in India is 11.0 Lakhs, with salaries ranging from 1.0 Lakhs to 41.9 Lakhs.
After MS ENT, these are super specialist specialisations.
Head and Neck Surgery and Oncology.
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
A postgraduate course in surgery is called MS. Candidates for this postgraduate degree may already have a Bachelor of Medicine degree. In some places, MS is used since it calls for greater surgical skill and knowledge.