M.Pharma (Master of Pharmacy) – Preparing medications, assisting with a patient’s healing process, counselling patients and doctors/medical practitioners about the use of medications, dosages, side effects, and even the diet that must be followed while taking medications are all responsibilities of the druggist, also known as a pharmacist, chemist, or druggist.
Even the choice of which medications require a necessary doctor’s prescription and which may be purchased without one is made by a qualified pharmacy professional. One of a pharmacy degree holder’s key responsibilities in the healthcare sector is drug dispensing in addition to preparation, lab testing, and scientific research on pharmaceuticals and medicines.
What is M.Pharma (Master of Pharmacy)?
The term “pharmacist,” “chemist,” or “druggist” is frequently used to refer to medical practitioners. Each distinct phrase identifies their various job duties in the pharmaceutical industry. To work in a senior position in the pharmaceutical business, individuals must obtain an M.Pharmacy (Master of Pharmacy). The patient’s health is the shared goal of all of them.
They offer guidance to patients, physicians, and other healthcare professionals on the usage of medications, appropriate doses, and adverse effects. They also provide instructions on the diet needed to take medication. Which medications may be purchased over the counter and which ones require a prescription are determined by a skilled pharmacy professional.
A primary degree holder can work in a variety of fields, including the pharmaceutical business, the healthcare sector, scientific research on pharmaceuticals and medicines, and the preparation and execution of lab tests. The M Pharm program takes two years to complete.
Why Choose M.Pharma?
The following are some of the benefits to enroll in M.Pharma.
- The Master of Pharmacy program provides a variety of concentrations, allowing students to select their top choice.
- Better exposure to practical skills is provided with an M.Pharma.
- An applicant with an M.Pharm. is also allowed to pursue higher education overseas.
- One can also pursue a PhD in pharmacy while studying pharmaceutics, pharmacology, pharmaceutical chemistry, and pharmaceutical marketing & management.
M.Pharma Course Eligibility Criteria
M.Pharm includes a few requirements for enrollment. Students should have a foundation in science. A student’s diligence and honesty will qualify them for an M.Pharm degree.
- Candidates must have at least a 50 per cent grade point average in their B.Pharma from a PCI/AICTE-approved institution of higher learning.
- Candidates must take the GPAT or any equivalent M.Pharm admission exam at the national and state levels with a passing score.
Master of Pharmacy Courses Admission Process
Every institute has a different admissions procedure. The GPAT is widely accepted by institutions for entrance purposes. Although some colleges administer entrance exams to determine admittance. Additionally, several colleges take job experience in the field into account. Only a few institutions hold in-person interviews to determine acceptance for their M Pharm degree. The pupils are given seats after the final assessment of all the rounds. To know about particular university admission, visit their official website.
M.Pharma Entrance Exams
The minimum score required to apply for an M. Pharm. program differs between institutions. The following is a list of some of the admission tests for M. Pharm. programs at Indian colleges:
- Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT)
- Andhra Pradesh for Post Graduate Engineering Common entrance test (AP PGECET)
- Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET)
- Telangana State for Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test (TS PGECET)
- Orissa Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE)
- Himachal Pradesh Common Entrance Test (HPCET)
- Birla Institute of Technological Science entrance test (BITS HD)
- NIPER Joint Entrance Exam (NIPER JEE)
Master of Pharmacy Entrance Preparation Tips
Candidates must be well-versed in the program’s many concepts in order to prepare for the M.Pharm course’s length. Aspirants can have a thorough grasp by visiting the college websites, which provide information about M.Pharm courses. Following are some preparation suggestions for the M.Pharma course:
- Regular Practice: Regular practice of all the key ideas dispels any uncertainty a learner may have had when studying a new topic.
- Mock Practice: In addition to theoretical instruction, students should approach all of the crucial areas with a mock learning attitude. This is crucial since M.Pharm requires error-free performance from specialists in the field.
- Time Management: Given that the program is quite long, time management becomes crucial. The two-year curriculum covers every facet of pharmaceutical science, and time management becomes a key component.
M.Pharma Course Fee structure
According to college norms, the average fee structure for an M.Pharmacy program is between 30K and 1.75K a year. The student’s performance on the entrance test will also affect the fee variation.
|College Names||Average Fees (First Year)|
|Jamia Hamdard University, New Delhi||Rs. 210,000|
|Punjab University, Chandigarh||Rs. 29,400|
|National Institute Of Pharmaceutical Education & Research||Rs. 90,500|
|Institute Of Chemical Technology, Mumbai||Rs. 70,750|
|Birla Institute Of Technology & Science, Pilani||Rs. 445,475|
|Manipal College Of Pharmaceutical Sciences||Rs. 425,000|
|JSS College Of Pharmacy||Rs. 253,250|
|JSS Academy Of Higher Education & Research||Rs. 253,250|
|Annamalai University||Rs. 103,260|
|Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra||Rs. 265,000|
Master of Pharmacy Specializations
Aspirants can go for any one of the following specializations during the last year of the course.
- Industrial Pharmacy
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Pharmaceutical Analysis
- Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance
- Regulatory Affairs
- Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
- Pharmacy Practice
Higher Studies after Master of Pharmacy
Given that the individual has the necessary skill set, job options following M.Pharm completion are quite profitable. After completing the course, candidates who do not wish to work in the sector might choose to pursue higher education. A greater wage is guaranteed when you enter the field with more education. Following an M.Pharm, several advanced educational options are listed below:
Scope after M.Pharma
Students with a master’s degree in pharmacy have a lot of options in the pharmaceutical sector. The M.Pharmacy program is created in a way that applicants who have had first-hand experience in the field will learn more. A person with a degree in pharmacy not only has academic knowledge, but also research, technical, and practical expertise.
A medical practitioner with a degree is seen to have a big advantage over doctors in terms of the depth of information they have gained over the course of many years working in the field. Holders of M.Pharmacy degrees are not constrained to a particular position in the business. The applicants with M.Pharmacy degrees work on the business side of the sector.
M.Pharma Job Profiles
Aspirants are invited to apply for the following positions.
- Consultant Pharmacists
- Dispensary Manager
- Clinical Pharmacist
- Dispensary Pharmacist
- Hospital Pharmacist
- Community Pharmacist
- Medicines Safety Manager
- Pharmacy Assistant
- Medicines Management Technician
- Senior Clinical Pharmacists
- Medical Representative
Master of Pharmacy Top Recruiters
The following are the recruiters for all those who are completing their M.Pharma (Master of Pharmacy).
|Indian Recruiters||International Recruiters|
Dr, Reddy’s Laboratories
Johnson & Johnson
Salary after M.Pharma (Master of Pharmacy
After earning an M.Pharm, salaries might range from Rs. 4 lakh to Rs. 7 lakh annually, depending on the career path you choose. The roles in pharmaceutical corporations and government agencies often pay the highest wages. Private pharmacies are quite lucrative as well, with the proprietor earning up to Rs. 15 lakhs annually.
|Job Profile||Average Salary|
|Pharmacist||Rs. 2.5 LPA|
|Pharmacologist||Rs. 12.25 LPA|
|Pharmacognosy||Rs. 5.23 LPA|
|Drug & Quality Control||Rs. 4.6 LPA|
|Oncology Pharmacist||Rs. 7 LPA|
|Clinical Project Manager||Rs. 9.9 LPA|
|Medical Writer||Rs. 5.44 LPA|
|Research Scientist||Rs. 6.87 LPA|
M.Pharma Top colleges
Here is given below the list of Some reputed colleges and universities to pursue M.Pharma (Master of Pharmacy) course.
- Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, Delhi
- University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chandigarh
- Al Shifa College of Pharmacy, Perinthalmanna
- Acharya and BM Reddy College of Pharmacy, Bangalore
- Aditya Bangalore Institute of Education and Research, Bangalore
- AKS University, Madhya Pradesh
- AM Reddy Memorial College of Pharmacy, Andhra Pradesh
- Anurag Pharmacy College, Andhra Pradesh
- Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi
- Babaria Institute of Pharmacy, Gujarat
- Bapuji Pharmacy College, Karnataka