BCom Finance – Students must now differentiate themselves from other students in order to succeed in the modern world. Employers search for pupils that have additional particular capabilities that might benefit the company more. BCom Finance is one of several post-12th-grade courses in commerce. Students who wish to study finance in depth no longer need to wait until after graduation because this course provides a solid foundation in the field. So let’s use this article to learn more about the course materials and their features.
What is BCom Finance?
BCom Finance is a three- to four-year undergraduate degree programme. The core knowledge and skills of a regular BCom are combined with specific topics related to finance, banking, and investments in this programme. Applicants who have finished their senior year of high school are eligible to apply for the BCom Finance programme. Those who want to work in finance or pursue higher degrees will get an advantage from this course. After finishing this degree, students can apply for top professions such as financial analysts and risk and investment specialists.
Why Choose a Bachelor of Science in Horticulture?
The following are the benefits that encourage you to enrol in this course.
- There are several paths that students who are contemplating studying finance might pursue. You might use this course to be ready for a career in banking, financial planning, or corporate and government financial management.
- Planning and analysis are central to finance, thus learning about it and improving one’s financial literacy help people make wiser choices about their own money.
- BCom Finance can also assist you with developing the analytical and problem-solving abilities you’ll need to make wise financial judgements.
- Studying BCom Finance will help you get ready for daily work as well as jobs in the financial services industry.
BCom Finance Course Eligibility Criteria
Basic requirements for admission to the BCom Finance programme include completing the 10+2 programme from any nationally recognised board with a minimum score of 55%.
- At the 10+2 level, aspirants should have accounting, business studies, economics, or mathematics.
- Admission is not permitted for candidates who have conditional passing (a compartment still has to be passed).
- Candidates interested in the IB programme must have 3HL & 3SL with 24 credits.
- Candidates for the GCE Excel programme must have at least a 3A level.
BCom Finance Courses Admission Process
Either your performance on the 10+2 test or an entrance exam held by the university where you are seeking admission will determine how you are admitted to the BCom Finance programme. The admission exam is often followed by a series of personal interviews to gauge a student’s aptitude for logical reasoning and familiarity with other course components.
The majority of admissions are merit-based, and just a few universities allow direct admission. Either online or offline applications are acceptable. The application must then be submitted within the deadline set by the Institute. Also, submit the necessary documents.
- For those seeking admission to the BCom Finance programme, certain colleges have entrance tests.
- The candidates whose names have been narrowed down by the colleges and who have passed the institute’s admission exam go through the interview procedure with the necessary paperwork.
- After being chosen at the end of an interview, candidates must provide the Institute with all original documentation needed to process their admission.
BCom Finance Entrance Exams
The candidates might take a variety of admission tests for B.Com Finance. To determine which admission examinations the students should take, the top 5 entrance exams for B.Com Finance following the 12th grade are taken into account. Some of the admission tests required for a B.Com. in Finance are:
|Exam Name||Exam Date|
|IPU CET||Check here|
|BHU UET||Check here|
BCom Finance Course Fee Structure
The Fee of a B.Com. in Finance can range from 5,000 to 70,000 each year, and it may even alter based on the facilities and services the institution offers.
|College Name||Fees Per Annum|
|St. Joseph’s College, Calicut||Rs. 70K|
|Guru Nanak College, Chennai||Rs. 60K|
|AIMS Institute, Bangalore||Rs. 50K|
|Symbiosis College of Arts and Commerce, Pune||Rs. 25K|
|Christ University, Bangalore||Rs. 96K|
Bachelor of Science in Horticulture Syllabus
The subjects that will be studied throughout each semester of BCom Finance are listed in the following table.
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Financial accounting||Financial Accounting II|
|Principles of Management||Business Environment|
|Business Communication||Banking Services|
|Managerial Economics||Indian Economy|
|Verbal Ability||Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Advanced Company Accounts –I||Advanced Company Accounts –II|
|Principles of Finance||Entrepreneurial Development|
|Legal System in Business||Business Taxation|
|Marketing||Human Resource Management|
|Business Statistics – I||Business Statistics II|
|Corporate Finance||Organizational Behaviour|
|Insurance and Risk management||Bank Credit Management|
|Open Elective – I||Open Elective – II|
|Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning –II||Communication Skills|
|Semester 5||Semester 6|
|Practical Cost Accounting||Management Accounting and Practices|
|Income Tax Law and Practice -I||Management Accounting and Practices|
|Research Methodology||Internet Concepts|
|Computer Applications in Accounting||Project work and Viva voce|
|Financial Management||Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management|
|Customer Relationship Management||Working Capital Management|
|Introduction to mutual fund analysis||Financial Derivatives and Risk Management|
|Practical Auditing||Development of Small Business|
|Environmental Studies||Personality development|
BCom Finance Scope
This course focuses on finance and investments and provides access to a variety of analyst and adviser job descriptions. Students who pursue a BCom in Finance are more employable since they have particular knowledge of finance and related roles. Students have a variety of options from specialisation diplomas & master’s degrees if they desire to pursue further education.
BCom Finance Higher Studies
BCom Finance Job Profiles
- Business Analyst
- Investment Banker
- Risk and Investment Analyst
- Risk and Insurance Expert
- Equity and Capital Analyst
- Finance Manager
- Investment Manager
BCom Finance Recruiters
- ICICI Bank
- Bandhan Bank
- Federal Bank
- City Union
BCom Finance Salary
In India, the average pay after earning a B.Com. or a degree in finance is Rs. 5,00,678. The typical employment wages for students or applicants in the following professional fields are listed below.
|Job Profile||Average Salary|
|Financial Risk Manager||Rs. 10.6 LPA|
|Personal Finance Consultant||Rs. 9.1 LPA|
|Money Manager||Rs. 7.7 LPA|
|Security Analyst||Rs. 4.5 LPA|
|Financial Management||Rs. 1.7 LPA|