Diploma in Fire and Safety Management – Start your career with our Diploma in Fire and Safety Management, an intensive program that will give you the skills and information you need to save lives and protect property. You’ll be at the forefront of fire prevention, emergency response and safety regulations as you embark on a dynamic road toward a prosperous career. Join us and be a Security Guardian, guaranteeing a secure future for everyone.
What is Diploma in Fire and Safety Management?
The one-year Diploma in Fire Safety programme meets the legal requirements for addressing the duties and responsibilities of a firefighter or fire supervisor, preparing graduates to restrict, control, and put out a fire at the support level. A fireman must be employed by any business, factory, shopping centre, power plant, oil and gas refinery, or other institution required by Indian law to be protected from fire hazards. Students who complete this fire and safety diploma programme are qualified to work as firemen, fire safety assistants, or safety supervisors in any industry both domestically and internationally.
The diploma curriculum for fire and safety management lasts one to two years. The training instructs the pupils on professional evacuation techniques for fires and other situations. Students can enrol in the programme after receiving their 10+2 diploma from a reputable board. Anyone can enrol in the fire safety course, regardless of their educational background in science, business, or humanities. The admission process is merit-based, and there are no entrance exams that applicants must take. Several universities, including Galgotias University & Institute of Fire and Safety Management, offer the course.
Why Choose a Diploma in Fire and Safety Management?
The following are some reasons that encourage students to pursue this course.
- Through lengthy and taxing training and study sessions, the programme assists the applicants in developing into competent safety personnel. The need for more safety workers has increased significantly along with the increase in risk factors.
- DFMS programme might be beneficial for those who want to continue engineering in this area. Although the majority of the work prospects in this industry are tied to security and catastrophe management, the chances will gradually broaden. The reason for this is that as the sector grows, so does its demand for safety precautions.
- These accidents frequently occur in the mining sector, the Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC), the Central Industrial Security Force (CNSC), and other sectors owing to human error or defective equipment. These places often have a large workforce, and any slight accident might result in the loss of several lives. The fire official must thus take the appropriate safety precautions.
Diploma in Fire and Safety Management Course Eligibility Criteria
It is crucial that you read through the program’s eligibility requirements if you plan to enrol in a DFMS. You must have a 10+2 from a recognised board in any discipline that is Science, Commerce, or Humanities in order to continue with the programme. Different colleges and universities may have slightly different requirements. However, there aren’t any group talks or entrance exams held to admit pupils.
Diploma in Fire and Safety Management Courses Admission Process
Admission to the diploma programme is based solely on merit. The selection procedure heavily relies on the applicant’s grades from his or her 12th grade. For your information, we have listed the comprehensive admissions procedure below.
- Prior to enrolling, students must first search through the universities that offer Fire and Safety Management diploma programmes.
- One must submit applications after doing research on the top universities. Both online and offline registration are available.
- The prospective students are then admitted based on their merits. Different colleges and institutions publish cutoffs. From institution to college, the cutoffs vary.
Diploma in Fire and Safety Management Course Fee Structure
There is a possibility that the tuition for your diploma programme will be less expensive at a government-owned college or university than it would be at a private institution. The average fee to enrol in the programme is between 7000 and 2 lakh rupees.
|Name of a College||Average Course Fee|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur||Rs. 38,600|
|Galgotias University, Greater Noida||Rs. 160,200|
|Singhania University, Jhunjhunu||Rs. 10,000|
|Institute of Fire and Safety Management, New Delhi||Rs. 50,000|
|Indian Institute of Fire Engineering, Nagpur||Rs. 20,600|
|Indira Gandhi National Open University||Rs. 25,000|
|Manav Bharti University, Solan||Rs. 65,000|
|JRN Rajasthan Vidyapeeth University, Udaipur||Rs. 20,000|
|Royal PG College, Lucknow||Rs. 20,000|
|Himalayan University||Rs. 10,000|
|All India Institute of Management Studies, Chennai||Rs. 5,600|
Diploma in Fire and Safety Management Syllabus
The following table shows the syllabus topics for this course.
|1||Fire Tech & Design|
|1||Safety of people in the event of a fire|
|2||Fire risk Assessment|
|3||Fundamental of Fire Engineering Science|
|4||Fire control technology|
Diploma in Fire and Safety Management Scope
The fire and safety sector is quite busy. One may decide to pursue an advanced diploma in the same profession after earning a diploma. Opportunities for people who enrol in the course are constantly expanding. The reason is that in order to prevent accidents of any kind, practically every business requires fire and safety precautions.
Diploma in Fire and Safety Management Higher Studies
- B.Sc in Fire Safety and Hazard Management
- B.Tech in Fire and Saftey Engineering
- Advanced Diploma In Fire & Industrial Saftey Management
- Advanced Diploma In Occupational Saftey, Health & Environmental Management
Diploma in Fire and Safety Management Job Profiles
- Safety Supervisor
- Safety Officer
- Safety consultant
- Fire Officer
- Safety Incharge
Diploma in Fire and Safety Management Employment Areas
- Electricity boards
- Fire Safety Training Institutes
- Armed forces
- Chemical plants
Diploma in Fire and Safety Management Recruiters
- Fire Departments
- Fire Equipment and Manufacturers
- Consulting Engineering Firms
- Government Sector
- Research & Laboratories
- Hospitals and Health Care Centers
- Insurance firms
- Universities & Colleges
- Forensic Investigation firm
Diploma in Fire and Safety Management Salary
A person’s pay is influenced by a variety of variables. It greatly depends on the type of job you are doing. Your potential compensation is also based on the knowledge and expertise you have in the subject. Despite this, a person who completes a DFSM often earns between Rs. 2,50,000 and Rs. 4,50,000 annually.
|Job Profile||Average Annual Salary|
|Safety Supervisor||Rs. 2,30,817|
|Station Master/ Supervisor||Rs. 2,94,791|
|Fire Officer||Rs. 2,60,000|
|Safety Consultant||Rs. 8,60,000|