AIFD WAT Admission 2023 – The official website of AIFD will release AIFD WAT application form on 28 February 2023. The outcome will be announced as the rank in the merit list, which included the names of the top 100 finishers. Those who meet the requirements for AIFD WAT 2023 will get calls for counselling and the admissions procedure. There will be just one list of candidates that have been shortlisted.
AIFD WAT About
Under the authority of the Army Welfare Education Society, AIFD (Army Institute of Fashion & Design) was founded in Bangalore in 2004. (AWES). Every year, the college administers WAT (Written Admission Test) in order to admit students to its Design programs. The duration of both programs is 4 years or 8-semester. Both courses are affiliated with Bengaluru North University. But as a result of COVID-19, the AIFD has started administering the online admission exam (OAT) in 2021. This university has implemented NEP (New Education Policy). The candidate has multiple exit points. The following contains the exit point.
|4 year||Degree with Honours|
AIFD WAT Courses Offered
The following list includes the programs the institute offers:
|1.||BSc Fashion and Apparel Design (BSc FAD)|
|2.||BSc Interior Design and Decoration (BSc IDD)|
AIFD WAT Admission 2023 Important Links
Here is given below all AIFD WAT Admission official Links for the better convenience of aspirants.
|Title||AIFD WAT Link|
|AIFD WAT Official Website||Click Here|
|AIFD WAT Information Bulletin||Inside | Outside|
|AIFD E-Prospectus||Click Here|
|Apply Now||Click Here|
|Login Portal||Click Here|
|AIFD WAT Helpdesk||Click Here|
AIFD WAT Admission 2023 Important Dates
AIFD WAT Admission schedule 2023, Aspirants have to Proceed accordingly.
|Event||For UG (Tentative)|
|Start date of application form||February 28, 2022|
|Last date for submitting the application form||March 15, 2022|
|Scrutiny of Online Application and Uploaded Documents||March 24, 2022|
|Last date to apply (with a late fee of Rs. 100)||March 28, 2022|
|Admit card release date||March 31, 2022|
|AIFD WAT 2022 Exam||May 29, 2022|
|Declaration of Result for AIFD WAT 2022||April 23, 2022|
|Registration of passed candidates for Admission||July 2022|
|Announcement of the final list of candidates for admission||July 2022|
|Dispatch of joining instructions to the selected candidates||July 2022|
|Payment of the balance of the Institute and Hostel Fee||July 2022|
|Reporting to Institute for admission (Selected candidates only)||July 2022|
|Commencement of course||August 2022|
AIFD WAT Admission 2023 Eligibility Criteria
If the aspirants want to take admitted to the WAT course of AIFD then they have to fulfill the requirements that are followed.
- Army personnel, eligible ex-Army officials, and Army War Widows / Widows are the only groups eligible for AIFD admissions.
- The parents of the aspirants should have spent at least 10 years in the military.
- Additionally eligible are the recruits’ medically boarded & disabled wards.
Adopted Stepchildren of remarried widows
- Before they could be approved, candidates had to have been adopted for at least five years.
- The applicant must have been conceived out of a union in which at least one of the parents is in the armed forces.
Some Special Cases
- Former army physicians and army dentists who have provided care to 10 personnel of the Army and are presently employed by the Indian Navy or Indian Air Force are eligible to apply.
- Children of APS, MNS, or TA Persons (10 years of service should have been completed)
- UG – Candidates must have received at least a 35% average in both the 11th and 12th grades.
- PG – The applicants must have at least a Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering with a concentration in Fashion and Apparel Design, Textiles and Clothing, Apparel and Fashion Technology, Fashion Designing, Costume and Apparel Design, Costume Design, and Fashion, Textile Technology, or Silk Technology.
- The applicants must be declared physically and psychologically fit to undertake the course by MH/RMO/Registered Medical Practitioner.
Wards of Gallantry award winners
- When generating the AIFD result, this weightage is added to the candidate’s CBT score.
|Sarvottam Yudh Seva Medal||3%|
|Uttam Yudh Seva Medal||2%|
|Yudh Seva Medal||1%|
|Mention in Dispatches||1%|
|Wards of War Widows||5%|
AIFD WAT Admission 2023 Exam Pattern
Here is given below the AIFD WAT Admission Exam Pattern so that aspirants become familiar with the pattern.
- AIFD WAT is an offline, pen-and-paper test with a three-hour time limit.
- The AIFD WAT 2023 will consist of one test paper with a total of 73 questions; 70 of those questions will be objective multiple-choice questions, while the other three will measure candidates’ knowledge of design and drawing techniques.
- Each objective-type question has one (1) mark for the right response, with a total possible score of 100. In AIFD WAT 2023, the negative marking method is not applicable.
- The objective-type questions and drawing questions on the AIFD WAT may be separated into two categories.
The following table contains AIFD WAT exam Sections and No. of Questions.
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Part-I||Objective Type Questions(General knowledge)(General Reasoning)||70||70|
|Part-II||Drawing Questions(Sketch)(Design)(Drawing and Essay Writing)||3||30|
AIFD WAT Admission 2023 Syllabus
The exam paper for the AIFD WAT 2023 syllabus is divided into two sections, each of which is weighted in terms of marks. In Part I of the test, each question receives the same number of points. The syllabus’s content standards will be those of the tenth grade. The following is the detailed syllabus of AIFD WAT.
|Topics for AIFD WAT exam||Description|
|General Knowledge||History of Art and Design History of Religion, Freedom Movements, Ruling Dynasties Current Affairs – Sports, Awards, FilmsGeneral ScienceType of Contemporary Designing Technology and Fashions Companies and Brands|
|General Reasoning||Find the outlier basic calculations in mathematics Matching the relevant terms’ relationships Decoding and Coding|
|Sketch, Design, Drawing and Essay Writing||Create a drawing that is comparable to the one that will be on the test paper. Design any picture of a dress, ring, necklace, hat, pendant, etc. in various geometric forms. Draw any given scene, such as nature, the weather, a crowd, a bus stop, a restaurant, a temple, a garden, or a school, and then add a few descriptive sentences as if writing an article.|
AIFD WAT Admission 2023 Preparation Tips and Books
The following are the preparation tips for AIFD WAT Admission entrance exam 2023.
- Know about AIFD WAT exam pattern
- Analysis AIFD WAT entrance exam detailed syllabus
- Make a schedule for AIFD WAT entrance preparation
- Solve AIFD WAT PYQP
- Attend AIFD WAT mock tests
AIFD WAT Admission 2023 Exam Centers
The AIFD WAT 2023 test will be held in six Indian cities. The candidate should be informed of the most recent changes regarding the AIFD WAT 2023, which can be learned from AIfD official website. Exam Centers may change in the event of any unforeseen circumstances. For quick reference, all test locations are listed below:
|Center Code||Cities (Code)||Venue||Contact No.|
|1||Pune (01 )||Army Public School Near Signal Regiment Southern Command; Sholapur Road, Pune- 411 001||020 – 26102255 020 – 26362304 020- 26341404 2255 (Military)|
|2||Bangalore (02)||Army Public School Abdul Hamid Barracks Kamaraj Road, Bangalore – (Karnataka) 560042||080 -25361238 6903(Military)|
|3||Delhi (03)||Army Public School Shankar Vihar, Delhi Cantt – 110 010||011-26155645011-26153558|
|4||Kolkata (04)||Army Public School Ballygunge Maidan Camp Kolkata-700019||033-24742968033-24767629 6758 & 6579(Mil)|
|5||Lucknow (05)||Army Public School LBS Margt. Lucknow Cantt. (U.P.) 226002||0522-2296929 6929 (Military)|
|6||Guwahati (06)||Army School Narangi PO Satgaon Guwahati 781027 (Assam)||0361 – 2642299 6075 (Military)|
AIFD WAT 2023 Admission Procedure
Candidates must adhere to the following procedure to be considered for admission to the Army Institute of Fashion & Design (AIFD):
- Fill out AIFD WAT application form
- Download AIFD WAT admit card, whenever the authority releases
- Appeared in AIFD WAT Entrance Exam as per scheduled
- Check the AIFD WAT result, whenever declared
- Check the final Merit, whenever released
- Participate in the Counselling of AIFD WAT for final admission
AIFD WAT 2023 Application Form
Both an online and an offline version of the AIFD WAT application form will be offered. The application process for AIFD WAT is outlined here, along with information on how to receive the application form.
The candidate has to visit the official website, and then enter the required details such as name, mobile number, and email Id for registration. To fill out the complete application form, a candidate has to log in to their portal again using a login credential. After that he/she has to upload all the relevant documents such as a passport-size photo, scanned signature, mark sheet, etc. Then pay the online application fee of Rs. 1,000/-.
- The applicant must provide an INR 550 demand draught made out to “Army Institute of Fashion & Design” and payable in Bengaluru.
- The application price is 500 INR, and the postal costs are 50 INR.
- The WAT 2023 Application Form and Prospectus will be sent to the candidate’s correspondence address after AIFD receives the DD.
Note – Remind yourself to write the Candidate’s Name on the DD’s reverse side.
Receive personally from
- AIFD Campus in Bengaluru
- Army Headquarters
- Command Headquarters
To receive an AIFD WAT 2023 application form, the applicant must provide a DD (as specified above) for INR 500 to the office (or whoever was mentioned above).
AIFD WAT Entrance Exam 2023 Admit Card
Admit cards for AIFD WAT are emailed to aspirants. If an applicant does not get their AIFD WAT 2023 admit card within the allotted period, they should contact the AIFD principal right once and provide them with their name, address, and application form number.
AIFD WAT Exam 2023 Result
The official website will host the announcement of the AIFD WAT 2023 results. Within seven days of the publication of the AIFD results, candidates who have been shortlisted can enroll in the institution by paying a registration cost of INR 10,000 and a hostel fee of INR 5,000. The fee may be paid by students using RTGS or NEFT. There will be no cash or checks accepted. Aspirants must send an email to [email protected] with the transaction number & candidate information for confirmation after paying the money via RTGS or NEFT.
AIFD WAT 2023 Counselling
WAT AIFD 2023 In essence, counselling is a process for distributing seats and finishing up other entrance requirements. Submission of actual academic records is required. The first opportunity to reserve seats will go to those with better merit list rankings. There would be just one admission and counselling session. The applicants will be advised of the deposit of the course registration cost of INR 10,000 and the hostel fee of INR 5,000 after the results have been announced. Finally, the remaining tuition for the first year of the course must be paid by the chosen applicants. Candidates have a set amount of time to withdraw from admission. The registration and accommodation costs will be returned after INR 4000 has been deducted for processing expenses.
AIFD WAT 2023 Seats
The table below shows the number of seats available for the AIFD in 2023.
|Name of Course||Number of Seats|
|UG Course in B.Sc. (Fashion & Apparel Design)||60|
|UG Course in B.Sc. (Interior Design & Decoration)||60|
|PG Course in M.Sc (Fashion and.Apparel Design||20|
AIFD WAT 2023 Fees
The following table contains AIFD fee structure.
|Admission Registration Fee||196378||234612|
|Total Institute fee|
|Hostel Annual Fee|
|Hostel Development Fund||4495||4495|
|Total Hostel Fee||49175||49175|
AIFD WAT 2023 Contact details
For every Query regarding AIFD WAT 2023, Either you can contact AIFD WAT Help desk which is given below, or ask us through the comment.
- Telephone no.: 80-60669001
- Mobile: 9035316000
- Email: [email protected]
Top Entrance Exam for Design Program
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, AIFD offers 4 year UG Design course and 2 year PG Design Course.
Yes, AIFD Conduct OAT (Online Admission Test) for the Design course.
The duration of the Design course at AIFD is 4 years.
AIFD has 60 seats for each Design course.
The total fee at AIFD for Army is Rs. 2,95,953/- and for Civil is Rs. 3,34,187/-.