IIT KGP LLM Admission 2023 – The organization successfully will conduct the entrance test (CET) for admission. Additionally disclosed is the list of applicants who have been chosen for the interview stage based on their performance on the written exam. IIT Kharagpur has conducted PI rounds for LLM admission in May 2023. To know all about IIT Kharagpur LLM, Go through this article.
IIT KGP LLM About
RGSOIPL (Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property Law) at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur offers two-year Masters of Law programs in seven different specialties. The LLM program at IIT Kharagpur is credit-based. LLB with a minimum of 60 percent overall is the prerequisite for applying to the LLM program at IIT Kharagpur. Candidates are chosen for the IIT Kharagpur LLM program based on their performance in the institute’s common admission test (CET).
IIT KGP LLM Specializations
IIT Kharagpur offers 7 specializations in the LLM program which are listed below.
- Corporate law
- Competition law
- Intellectual property
- Constitutional law
- Criminal law & justice
- International law.
IIT KGP LLM Admission 2023 Important Links
Here is given below all IIT KGP LLM Admission official Links for the better convenience of aspirants.
|Title||IIT KGP LLM Link|
|IIT KGP LLM Official Website||Click Here|
|IIT KGP LLM Information Bulletin||Click Here|
|Apply Now||Click Here|
|Login Portal||Click Here|
|IIT KGP LLM Helpdesk||Click Here|
IIT KGP LLM Admission 2023 Important Dates
IIT Kharagpur LLM Admission schedule 2023, Aspirants have to Proceed accordingly.
|Event||IIT Kharagpur LLM Date (Tentative)|
|Commencement of Online Registration||January 21, 2022|
|Last date to submit the online application form||February 21, 2022|
|Issue of admit card||To be notified|
|IIT Kharagpur Law Entrance Examination 2022||April 3, 2022|
|Personal Interview||May 2-6, 2022|
IIT KGP LLM Admission 2023 Eligibility Criteria
If the aspirants want to take admitted to the LLM course of IIT KGP then they have to fulfill the requirements that are followed.
- Candidate must have a 3 or 5-year B.L/LL.B degree (If He/She has a 3-year B.L/LL.B then He/She should have a bachelor’s degree in any stream with a minimum of 3 years duration).
- If the institution giving the degree does not specifically state “First Class,” then a minimum of 60 percent of the marks will be required.
- Candidates pursuing LL.B (Hons.) in Intellectual Property Law at IIT Kharagpur in the academic year 2021 – 2023 and having a final grade point average of 8.5 or higher are eligible for admission to the LL.M program without taking this entrance exam.
Note: Final-year appearing candidates of LLB are also eligible to apply.
IIT KGP LLM Admission 2023 Exam Pattern
Here is given below the IIT KGP LLM Admission Exam Pattern so that aspirants become familiar with the pattern.
- Objective-type questions will be asked in the entrance exam
- There is no negative marking in IIT Kharagpur LLM entrance exam
- For the selection for the PI round, candidates need to obtain a minimum of 35%
- For the LLM Sample Question Paper, Click Here
IIT KGP LLM Admission 2023 Syllabus
Questions will be asked from the syllabus of LL.B.
IIT KGP LLM Admission 2023 Preparation Tips and Books
The following are the preparation tips for IIT KGP LLM Admission entrance exam 2023.
- Know about IIT KGP LLM exam pattern
- Analysis IIT KGP LLM entrance exam detailed syllabus
- Make a schedule for IIT KGP LLM entrance preparation
- Solve IIT KGP LLM PYQP
- Attend IIT KGP LLM mock tests
IIT KGP LLM Admission 2023 Exam Centers
The following is the list of IIT KGP LLM exam centers.
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
IIT KGP LLM 2023 Admission Procedure
The following are the steps of IIT KGP LLM Admission.
- Fill out IIT KGP LLM application form
- Download IIT KGP LLM admit card, whenever the authority releases
- Appeared in IIT KGP LLM Entrance Exam as per scheduled
- Check the IIT KGP LLM result, whenever declared
- Aspirants are invited for a personal interview round
- Check the final Merit, whenever released
- Participate in the Counselling of IIT Kharagpur LLM for final admission
Candidates have to successfully appear in IIT Kharagpur LLM entrance exam. Then those who have scored more than 35% will be called for a personal interview round. Final merit will be released with the combined percentage of CBT and PI. Following are the marks assigned for the CBT and interview rounds:
- Entrance exam: 70%
- Personal Interview (PI): 30%
IIT KGP LLM 2023 Application Form
To fill out the application form, a candidate has to visit the official website of IIT Kharagpur LLM. He/She has to register, first and then has to fill out the entire application form. In the application form, He/She has to fill out all the required details like personal, communicational, academic, etc details and also has to choose 3 exam centers in order of preference. Then He/She has to upload all the relevant documents like photos, signatures, mark sheets, etc. At last, a candidate has to pay the online application form fee of IIT Kharagpur LLM which is mentioned below.
- Male (General/EWS/OBC) – INR 3000
- Female/Third Gender – INR 1500
- SC/ST/PwD – INR 1500
IIT KGP LLM Entrance Exam 2023 Admit Card
The authority will release the admit card before the entrance exam. Candidates can download it by visiting the official website or by login their portal. IIT Kharagpur LLM Entrance admits card contains all the relevant details like the Date, Time, and Venue of the exam, along with some personal information.
IIT KGP LLM Exam 2023 Result
The authority releases IIT KGP LLM Exam results on the official website. The result PDF contains roll no and the name of selected candidates. Those who score more than 35% are shortlisted for a personal interview round.
IIT KGP LLM 2023 PI
- Communication Skill: 10 Marks
- Interest in pursuing the course: 10 Marks (Applicants will be evaluated on their expectations for their future plans, how the degree would advance those plans, and their job objectives.)
- Legal Aptitude: 10 Marks (Ongoing legal issues will be included in the questions given to students. Legal knowledge and understanding will be taken into consideration while evaluating students.)
IIT KGP LLM 2023 Counselling
Finally selected candidates to have to participate in counselling for final admission. In conselling, candidates have to go through the document verification process and seat allotment. Candidates have to pay the admission fee for final admission.
IIT KGP LLM 2023 Fees
IIT Kharagpur’s fee for LLM is Rs. 75,750/- per semester.
|Course||Duration||Total Tuition Fees|
|Master of Laws [LLM] (Corporate Laws)||2 Years||₹3.03 Lakh|
|Master of Laws [LLM] (Criminal Laws)||2 Years||₹3.03 Lakh|
|Master of Laws [LLM] (Intellectual Property Rights)||2 Years||₹3.03 Lakh|
|Master of Laws [LLM] (International Law)||2 Years||₹3.03 Lakh|
|Master of Laws [LLM] Competition law||2 Years||₹3.03 Lakh|
|Master of Laws [LLM] Constitutional law||2 Years||₹3.03 Lakh|
|Master of Laws [LLM] (Taxation)||2 Years||₹3.03 Lakh|
IIT KGP LLM 2023 Contact details
For every Query regarding IIT KGP LLM 2023, Either you can contact IIT KGP LLM Help desk which is given below, or ask us through the comment.
- Phone: 03222 282095
- Email: [email protected]
Frequently Asked Questions
A two-year, full-time LLM program with seven specializations is offered at IIT Kharagpur.
The IIT Kharagpur Law entrance test 2023 (Computer Based Test), a personal interview, and selection are all steps in the admissions process.
At IIT KGP, the total cost of the LLM is INR 3.03 lakh.
No, all required information must be submitted by the deadline.
Students who wish to enroll in the IIT KGP LLM program must submit an online application through the website. For the purpose of final selection, chosen candidates are needed to take an entrance exam and then go on to a personal interview.