Career in Yoga – Yoga is a popular workout that can help you gain strength and flexibility while also having a good spiritual, mental, and emotional impact on your life. If you appreciate the art of yoga and are enthusiastic about helping others, becoming a certified yoga instructor can be a highly fulfilling job.
We now live in a society where people are more concerned about their health than they have ever been. We might also blame this abrupt shift on the nature of occupations and the rise in lifestyle disorders. People are more in danger today than in the past because their jobs require them to spend more time in front of computer screens. Yoga is a good alternative because it not only gives you a good workout but also relaxes you.
Yoga is one of the most natural techniques to keep one’s body fit and healthy. It is also something that has spread its wings to the majority of Western countries. This natural system, which dates back 3000 years, has been maximising its advantages and making a difference in the lives of the majority of people, providing them with happiness and health.
What is Yoga?
Yoga is a mental, spiritual, and physical discipline that promotes inner happiness. People are becoming more health concerned in today’s stressful lifestyle. Yoga has grown in popularity in recent years, not only in India but also internationally. It not only helps people relax, but it also keeps their bodies in shape. Yoga is good for lowering respiratory ailments, hypertension, and aids in the treatment of conditions such as diabetes, depression, and stress, among other things.
Yoga as a Career
Yogis or Yoga Teachers are mostly professionals who have been teaching their expertise in the discipline of meditation and yoga. Yoga teachers are receiving a lot of attention as the reputation of holistic and alternative medical treatment grows, and as a result, it has become a terrific job choice.
It is an ancient art form as well as a natural approach to staying fit and healthy. It also aids in the improvement of mental wellness. The programme includes instructions on how to naturally treat health problems. Physical exercises (asanas) and breathing exercises are important aspects of Yoga (pranayama). Fitness is the name of the game in today’s environment, necessitating the hiring of a yoga instructor or teacher on a global scale.
Eligibility Criteria & Courses
There are numerous courses available in this sector through which students can pursue a profession. The following are some of the most popular courses.
Certificate Course in Yoga (CCY) – It is a one-and-a-half-month programme that requires completion of the HSC. This course has no age restrictions.
- Bachelor in Arts (Yoga Philosophy) – This programme will last three years, and applicants must have completed their 10+2 in any subject with a minimum of 45 per cent.
- UG. Diploma in Yoga Education – It is a one-year programme with a six-month internship that is open to graduates from any field who have a certificate in Yoga.
- PG. Diploma in Yoga Therapy – It is a one-year course with graduation requirements from any recognised university in any stream.
- Master of Arts in Yoga – It is a two-year programme that requires a minimum of a high school diploma in any field.
- Advanced Yoga Teachers’ Training Course in Yoga (AYTTC) – A certificate, diploma, or degree in yoga, as well as two years of yoga teaching experience, is required for this one-month course.
Career in Yoga Specialization
There are many options for specialization in yoga career at the professional level whose list is given below.
- Yoga exercises for physical fitness
- Spiritual yoga
- Yoga therapy
- Yoga especially designed for kids
- Corporate Yoga
- Yoga designed to benefit seniors
- Yoga for the couples
- Prenatal and/or postnatal yoga
- Private lessons in yoga
- Retreats or workshops
The Scope in the field of yoga is increasing rapidly not only in India as well as across the world. There are so many powerful pranayama and kriyas, which can improve ability as well as immunity so that the human body is strong from the inner. There are many job profiles in this sector and many recruiters which are given below.
Yoga Job Profiles
Here is the some of the reported and popular job profiles whose demand is increasing day by day.
- Yoga Instructor
- Yoga Therapist
- Specialist in yoga
- Yoga Practitioner
- Yoga Teacher
- Research Officer- Yoga and Naturopathy
- Yoga Aerobic Instructor
- Yoga Consultant
- Publication Officer (Yoga)
- Yoga Manager
Yoga Top Recruiters
Here are given below some private, self as well as government recruiters.
- Government & Private Schools
- Yoga and Naturopathy colleges or institutions
- ESIC General Hospital Naroda Ahmedabad
- Hyatt Hotels Corporation
- Central Council for Research in Homoeopathy
- Centre Research Centers
Salary packages are awesome in the career field of yoga and they will increase with experience and depend on location, sector, company, Education etc. The average salary in this field varies from Rs. 1,50,000 to Rs. 3,50,000 in India but abroad, you can get an awesome salary package.
Top colleges for Yoga courses
Here is given below the list of Some reputed colleges and universities to pursue Yoga courses.
- Government Naturopathic Medical College, Hyderabad
- SDM College of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences, Ujire, Karnataka
- JSS Institute of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences, Mysore Road, Ootacamund
- Shivaraj Naturopathy and Yoga Medical College, Salem
- Government Naturopathy and Yoga Medical College and Hospital, Anna Nagar, Chennai
- SRK Medical College of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences, Kulasekharam, Kanyakumari district, Tamil Nadu
- Mahavir College of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences, Durg, Chattisgarh
- Alvas College of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences, Moodbidri, Karnataka
- KLES College of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences, Shahapur, Belgaum, Karnataka
- Morarji Desai Institute of Naturopathy and Yoga
- Government Nature Cure and Yoga College, PKTR Hospital, Mysore
Frequently Asked Questions
Yoga is regarded as a viable professional option. Yoga-related courses are available at a variety of universities across the country. Yoga is an ancient art form that teaches people how to be fit and healthy. It teaches how to manage one’s thoughts and body to achieve inner calm.
Yoga Festivals Organizer
A career in Yoga will provide you with the unique opportunity to go to new countries, meet new people, experience different cultures, and be immersed in the natural beauty of the destination. You can attend retreats and apply to teach in Yoga Teachers Training programmes, study centres, and studios all around the world as a Yoga Teacher.
Though there is no minimum age to begin exercising, it is always better to be prepared than to risk damage, especially when ageing’s side effects influence your physical health. Rohit Dulal, a yoga expert and director of Vinod Dulal Yoga Institute, answered all of our questions about yoga for seniors.
Yoga has a significant impact on our lives today, and it is in high demand in today’s society, with students aspiring to work in this sector. Yoga Teachers or Yogis are professionals who impart their expertise of the discipline of meditation and yoga.