BVSc Course details -BVSc or Bachelor of Veterinary Science is an undergraduate-level course in which aspirants learn how to treat animals in all situations. Admission to this course is through NEET as well as another entrance exam. The average Duration of this course is 5 to 5.5 years including a minimum 6-month mandatory internship which varies from Institution to Institution the duration of this course at Kerala agriculture university is 8 years or 16 semesters. The minimum eligibility for this course is aspirants must have passed class 12th.
BVSc Course Eligibility Criteria
If Candidates want to take admitted to BVSc course, then they have to complete the given below requirements.
- Aspirants should be at least 17 and not more than 25 years old on 31 December in which year, they want to take admission.
- Aspirants must have passed class 12th or equivalent exam.
- Candidates must have studied English, physics, chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology.
- 50% marks are required in the Qualifying exam.
- The candidate has a valid score in the entrance exam.
Note – 10% marks relaxation for reserved category candidates.
BVSc Course Admission Procedure
All colleges have different methods of admission to Bachelor of Veterinary Science courses. In some institutes, admission to BVSC courses is based on the number of class XII while some institutes take admission through NEET entrance exam.
However, there are some private and state institutes as well, where admission is based on its own entrance exam. The institute to which the candidates want to take admitted can go to their official website and see their admission procedure. A list of some entrance exams other than Neet is given below.
List of entrance exam entrance exam
- Assam Agricultural University veterinary entrance test
- Up veterinary entrance exam
- Banaras Hindu University entrance test
- Rajasthan Pre-Veterinary Test
BVSc Course Application form
For the institute to which the candidates are thinking of taking admission, the candidates have to go to the official website of the same institute and get their registration done with a valid email ID. After registration, the candidates have to fill in the rest of the information such as Academy details, personal details, and communication details, upload all required documents and pay the application fee don’t forget to take a printout of the application form.
- Marksheet/certificate of class 10th
- mark sheet/certificate of class 12th
- Transfer certificate
- Migration certificate
- Character certificate
- Identification proof
- category certificate if required
- Extra circular certificate if required
- PWD certificate if required
BVSc course fee structure
As you all know that private college fees are higher and government college fees are less. The Fee structure of all government colleges and all private colleges is different. The average fee structure for BVSc course is given below.
|1.||Government||5,000 to 1,00,000|
|2.||Private||25,000 to 10,00,000|
Top 10 BVSc colleges in India
Here is the list of some top colleges which offer degrees in course of Bachelor of Veterinary Science.
- Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh
- Banaras Hindu University, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- Mahatma Gandhi Veterinary College, Bharatpur, Rajasthan
- Apollo college of veterinary medicine, Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Mayurakshi Institute of Engineering and Technology, Jodhpur, Rajasthan
- College of veterinary science and animal husbandry, Aizawl, Mizoram
- Veterinary College and Research Institute, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Krantisinh Nana Patil College of veterinary science, Satara, Maharashtra
- MB Veterinary College, Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Rajiv Gandhi College of veterinary and animal science, Puducherry, Pondicherry
Scope after BVSc course
After getting a degree in BVSC course, aspirants can either do a job or apply for further higher education. A list of job profiles, employment sectors and higher education options is given below.
Job profiles after BVSc course
- Veterinary surgeon
- Veterinary doctor
- Animal breeders
- Veterinary officer
- Veterinary surgeon assistant
- Veterinary research assistant etc
- Animal hospitals
- Research centres
- Agricultural University
- Animal care NGOs
- Animal care clinic etc
- Master of Veterinary Science in Veterinary Public Health
- Mvsc (Master of Veterinary Science) in Livestock Production & Management
- Master of Veterinary Science in Animal Biotechnology
- MVSc (Master of Veterinary Science) in Animal Genetics and Breeding
- Master of Veterinary Science in Bio-Statistics
- MVSc (Master of Veterinary Science) in Epidemiology
- Master of Veterinary Science in Extension Education
- MVSc (Master of Veterinary Science) in Livestock Economics
- Master of Veterinary Science in Poultry Science
- MVSc (Master of Veterinary Science) in Veterinary and Animal Husbandry Extension
- Master of Veterinary Science in Veterinary Pathology
- MVSc (Master of Veterinary Science) in Veterinary Physiology & Biochemistry
- Master of Veterinary Science in Veterinary Preventive Medicine
- MVSc (Master of Veterinary Science) in Veterinary Animal Breeding & Genetics
- Master of Veterinary Science in Veterinary Animal Reproduction Gynecology & Obstetrics
- MVSc (Master of Veterinary Science) in Veterinary Bacteriology
- Master of Veterinary Science in Veterinary Biochemistry
- MVSc (Master of Veterinary Science) in Veterinary Gynecology and Obstetrics
- Master of Veterinary Science in Livestock Products Technology
- MVSc (Master of Veterinary Science) in Veterinary Anatomy
- Master of Veterinary Science in Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology
- MVSc (Master of Veterinary Science) in Veterinary Physiology
- Master of Veterinary Science in Veterinary Virology
- Master of Veterinary Science in Wildlife
- MVSc (Master of Veterinary Science) in Veterinary Immunology
- Master of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry
- Master of Science in Veterinary Parasitology
- Msc (Master of Science) in Veterinary Pharmacology & Toxicology
- Master of Science in Veterinary Public Health
- Msc (Master of Science) in Veterinary Anatomy & Histology
- Master of Science in Veterinary Gynecology & Obstetrics
- Master of Science in Veterinary Medicine
- Msc (Master of Science) in Veterinary Microbiology
- Master of Science in Veterinary Pathology
- Master of Science in Veterinary Physiology
- Msc (Master of Science) in Veterinary Surgery and Radiology
Salary after BVSc Course
After doing the Bachelor of Veterinary Science course, your salary depends on your post, experience as well as in which sector you work. Private or government sector.
- The average salary package is 5,00,000 to 8,00,000 per Annum.