BSc Nursing – The B.Sc Nursing course is always in demand throughout the year. B.Sc Nursing and Bachelor of Nursing are the same. BSc Nursing is a 4-year course at the undergraduate level. All the responsibilities of B.Sc nursing are handled by Indian Nursing council. After completing the B.Sc Nursing course, the Aspirant will be a post as a staff nurse or equivalent post. Some medical colleges do not allow boys to pursue a B.Sc nursing course.
Why do Bsc Nursing courses?
The course of B.Sc Nursing is not only highly professional but also competitive. Demand for this course has skyrocketed day by day. After doing this course, the Aspirant will get respect as well as enough salary.
B.sc Nursing course – Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility for the B.SC Nursing course has been created by the respective Authority. If you are thinking of taking admission to a B.Sc nursing course then it is very important to know the eligibility criteria.
- Candidate should have a 10+2 level of education from any recognised board.
- Candidates should have studied physics, chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology.
- 50 to 55 % marks are required for the general category.
- 45 to 50 % marks are required for the reserved category.
- A candidate must be at least 17 years of age to take admitted to the B.Sc Nursing course in which year, they want to take admission.
- Aspirants should be fit physically as well as medically.
Note – Admission to B.Sc nursing courses in some institutes and universities is through the entrance.
B.Sc Nursing 2023 – Course Curriculum
The Syllabus given below is required for deep study in the B.Sc Nursing course.
- Anatomy and nutrition
- child Care Nursing
- mental health nursing
- medical surgical nursing
- community health nursing
- midwife free nursing
- management of nursing services and education
- nursing Research and statistics etc
BSc nursing 2023 – Admission procedure
If the candidate is dreaming of taking admission to a B.Sc Nursing course. There are 02 ways to take Admission to the B.SC Nursing course. The methods are as follows.
Some institutes take admission in B.Sc Nursing course as per the marks of 12th.
Some institutes give admission in B.Sc Nursing courses on the basis of their own entrance.
List of top entrance exams for Bsc Nursing
- Afmc B.Sc nursing entrance exam
- CMC Vellore B.Sc nursing entrance exam
- Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research B.Sc nursing entrance exam
- Punjab Paramedical Entrance exam
All entrance exams are for admission to different institutions. Different authority is responsible for all entrance exams. To take B.Sc Nursing Admission, aspirants have to do half the process online like registration, and entrance exams etc and half offline like counselling or documents verification etc. This is the basic overview for admission.
BSc Nursing entrance exam – Syllabus
Questions asked from different sections in the entrance exam for B.SC Nursing. All the sections are given below and the questions are asked from the 10+2 level.
- General knowledge
- General ability
- English language
BSc Nursing – Top colleges
All the top government, as well as private colleges of B.SC Nursing, are given below. This list is collected from different sources.
Top government College of Bsc Nursing
- Armed Forces Medical College of Pune, Maharashtra
- Jimper Pondicherry
- Government Medical College of Amritsar
- Baba Farid University of Health Sciences
Top private college of BSC Nursing
- Christian Medical College of Vellore
- NIMS University of Jaipur
- Sikkim Manipal College of Nursing
- BM Birla College of Nursing, Kolkata
Scope of BSC Nursing
After B.Sc nursing, many avenues open for you. You can either do a job or apply for a higher study. If you want to study higher then you can take a degree in MSc Nursing, MPhil, PhD in the field and if you want to do a job then you can apply for these fields like home care nurse, ward nursing, nursing tutor, Nurse manager, junior sarcastic nurse, nursing assistant etc in hospital, clinic, health department, railway & medical department, institutions etc.
Top recruits of B.sc Nursing
- Apollo Hospital Enterprises
- Fortis Healthcare
- Global Hospital
- Max Hospital
- Manipal Hospital
- PGI etc
Salary after B.Sc Nursing
Salary is good, sufficient and different in all the professions of B.SC Nursing. There are many factors that affect salary such as what is your post, in which sector you are, government or private. how much is your experience? One of the most important factors is the image of your hospital or institution.
- The average salary varies from 3 lakh to 6 lakh per annum.
Fee Structure of Bsc Nursing
All college fees structure is different for B.Sc Nursing course. Candidates can go to the official website of the college to which they want to take admission and see its fee structure. The college fee structure depends on whether your college is private, Government or cones under Deemed University.
- The average fee structure of BSc nursing varies from institution to institution which is in government colleges at least 60,000 and in private colleges at most 4,00,000.