Career as Air Hostess – Whenever we see an aeroplane flying in the sky, we also feel like flying in the sky. If you also want to fulfil the dream of flying in the sky as soon as possible, then the career of air hostess can put wings in your dreams. Air hostess as a career is always in demand. In this, along with a high salary, you also get a good personality and respect.
If we talk about the work of the air hostess, then they have to give all the information related to their seat and seat belts and security along with the discipline maintenance and also check emergency arrangements before landing and taking off of the aeroplane. If you also have a question in your mind, whether boys can do air hostess jobs or not, then the answer is yes but the only difference is that we call them Stewart instead of Air Hostesses. To know more about a Career as an Air hostess, Ho through this article.
Air hostess Skills and Attributes
If you want to get the job of Air Hostess or Steward as soon as possible, then you should have all the below skills.
- Easily handle the adverse situation and find solutions with keep yourself calm and patient.
- Aspirants must have a good sense of responsibility.
- Aspirants must have a pleasing or glamorous personality.
- They have a good presence of mind.
- They have the skill of taking better and more instant decisions.
- Should work with the patient for a long time.
- Must be honest as well as have a systematic approach towards duty.
- Mush has good communication skills with clear speech and voice as well as a good appearance.
- Try to speak in a pleasant voice.
- They are interested in team spirit.
- Must have a positive attitude as well as a good sense of humour.
Air Hostess Eligibility Criteria
If Aspirant wants to become Air hostesses, then they must complete the below requirement.
- Candidates should be eligible for an Indian passport.
- Only those Candidates apply for Air Hostess who is between the age of 17 to 26 years.
- Aspirants must have passed a 10+2 level of education or equivalent examination in any stream from any recognized board.
- 45 to 50 % marks are required to take admitted to any institution.
- Candidates should be unmarried.
- The minimum height requirement for girls is 157.5 cm & for boys is 170 cm and weight is proportionate to height.
- Candidate should have perfect eyesight with a ratio of 6/6.
- Candidates must be physically or medically fit.
- Candidates should have good health with a fair complexion.
- Candidates must be fluent in any foreign language along with English and Hindi.
Note – Marks of the 12th or equivalent exam vary from Institute to Institute.
How to become an Air hostess?
First, aspirants have to qualify for a 10+2 level of education with the required marks according to eligibility so that they can take a certificate, diploma or degree in the field of Air hostess. After the 12th, the Aspirant has to take admission in any certificate, Diploma or degree course.
We advise you that if candidates have no pressure then they should take admission on degree courses so that they can place at the high post of Air hostess. The post of air hostess depends on the qualifications of the candidate. There are many types of posts in the field of Air hostess.
After completing the certificate course or diploma course or degree programme course then check vacancies at different places like newspapers, magazine as well as contact your placement cell or many options for a job or many time candidates can get placement from those Institutions where you did a complete course, diploma or degree.
After applying at any branch, the Aspirant will be selected on the basis of interview performance. In an interview, the Aspirant’s situation handle mentality will be checked by the Interviewer. After cracking the interview, the Aspirant will be posted as an Air hostess.
Types of Air Hostess
There are 7 types of job roles for an Air hostess. After a successful interview, the Aspirant has the option to select these job roles or fix posts set by the interviewer. Types of job roles are given below.
Air Hostess / Cabin crew
- They have to work on everything related to passengers once they board and after take-off of the flight.
Airline Steward / Stewardess
- They have to work on the safety of passengers and guide passengers in emergency situations.
Senior Flight Attendant
- They have to work to ensure the safety of passengers as well as check the emergency equipment before take-off the flight.
- The ground staff have many responsibilities such as helping the passenger, clearing the doubts of passengers, provide information regarding flight take-off.
Trainer / Recruiter
- They have to work on on-flight duties, security systems and emergency procedures.
- They have to work to manage the scheduling of the crew and the pilots.
- The crew manager has the responsibility for the welfare of all crew and members of the airline.
Air Hostess Courses Offered
There is many certificate course, diploma or degree programme available in the market. The duration of the certificate course is 3 to 6 months or the duration of the Diploma course is 6 months to 1 year approx and the duration of the degree course is 3 years. Some names are given below.
Popular Certificate course
- Aviation & Hospitality Services
- Air Hostess / Flight Purser
- Aviation Management
Popular diploma course
- Diploma in professional cabin crew
- Airport management & customer care (Diploma)
- Diploma in professional ground staff services
- Diploma in airlines management
- B.B.A. & M.B.A. (Aviation)
- PG Diploma in Aviation & Hospitality services
- PG Diploma in airport ground services
Air Hostess Fee structure
The fee structure varies from Institution to Institution and depends upon the course which is a certificate, diploma or degree program. In all courses, Aspirants get training along with knowledge. The average fee for an Air hostess course is between Rs. 50,000/- to Rs. 1,50,000/-.
Scope of Air Hostess
Aspirants have lots of scope in the line of Air hostesses. Employment opportunities are not limited to commercial Airlines. Some top sectors are given below.
- Commercial Airlines
- Corporate Airlines
- Air Hostess Training Institutes
- Chartered Airlines
- Military Airlines
- Personality Development Institutes
- Top Recruiting Companies for Air Hostess/Cabin Crew
- Air India
- Indian Airlines
- Sahara India
- Alliance Air
- Mahindra & Mahindra
- Gulf Air
- British Airways
- Delta Airlines
- Go Air
- Jet Airways
- Singapore Airlines
- Delta Airlines
- British Airways
- Qatar Airways
- Virgin Atlantic
- Cathay Pacific
Salary of Air Hostess
There is no shortage of money in the profession of Air Hostess. Here aspirants get a 3 to 4 lakh package at the start and the salary of an Air Hostess is increasing with increasing experience. After 4 to 5 years of experience, Your salary can increase up to 10 lakh. Salary also depends on your post or which certificate course diploma or degree, you have completed.
Top Institutions for Air hostess
In India, There are some colleges that offer training for Air hostesses in different fields such as on-ground services, Air hostess training, handling aviation cargo, and hospital and customer services. Top training colleges and Institutions are given below.
- Frankfinn Institute of Air Hostess Training, Delhi
- Wings Air Hostess and Hospitality Training, Gujarat
- Universal aviation academy, Chennai
- Jet Airways training academy, Mumbai
- The Bombay Flying Club’s College of Aviation, Mumbai