How to join Indian Railway – Everyone is looking to improve their future. In such a situation, if you get a government job then it will be icing on the cake. Well, we all know about the benefit of a government job that’s why Everyone needs a government job so in this article we will talk about how to join Indian Railways. In today’s era, the railway network is very huge. Railway has about more than 8000 stations as well as more than 1 lakh kilometre track. There is no chance to end job opportunities in the Railway sector.
However, the network of Indian Railways is number one in Asia and number two worldwide. It has more than 70,000 passengers and more than 11,000 locomotives. There are four parts of Indian railway service or say 4 “groups” which we also call “grade” i.e.
- Group A
- Group B
- Group C
- Group D
Learn in detail about everything in turn. (How to join Indian Railway?)
The level of the Group A exam is very high. In group A, the salary is awesome. Requirements of group A posts are filled by UPSE. Competition is very high in this field due to the lack of vacancies. You will find opportunities or advertisements for group A posted in the newspaper, the official website of UPSE, Indian Railway or on Apna campus website etc. Aspirants get jobs in group A, Either by civil services exam or after promotions from group B.
Post under Group A
- IRSE (Indian Railways service of engineer): Civil Engineers
- IRSEE (Indian Railways service of Electrical engineers): Electrical Engineers
- IRSME (Indian Railways Service of Mechanical Engineers): Mechanical Engineers
- IRSS (Indian Railways stores service): Stores Service and
- IRSSE (Indian Railways Service of Signal engineer): Signal Engineers
For the above post, You have to qualify IES exam (Indian Engineering Service).
Eligibility of technical post
- Aspirants should be at least 21 years old or at most 30 years old.
Note – Age relaxation is only for reserved category candidates.
- Either candidate has a bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a master’s in one of these like Radiophysics, Electronics, Radio engineering and wireless communications.
- IRMS Indian Railways Medical Service.
For the above post, you have to qualify CMSE exam (Combined Medical Service examination).
Eligibility of medical post
- Candidates must be less than 30 years old.
Note – age relaxation is only for reserved category candidates.
- Candidates must have an MBBS degree.
- IRTS = Indian Railways Traffic service
- IRAS = Indian Railways Accounts Service
- IRPS = Indian Railways Personnel service
- IRPF = Indian Railways Protection Force
Grade A Remaining post
- ESE: Engineering Service Examination
- SCRA: Special Class Railway Apprentice
- IAS: Allied service
Eligibility of non-technical or other remaining Post
- The candidate’s age should be 21 to 32 years old.
Note – Age relaxation is only for reserved category
- Candidates must have bachelor’s degrees from any recognized university.
Salary of Group A
The salary package is solid and varies with the different posts of GROUP A. Salary will increase with experience.
- The average salary for Group A varies from 1,30,000 to 1,60,000. (How to join Indian Railway?)
There is no exam for the post in Group B. All those who work in Group B, come from promotion after working in Group C. If the candidates want to work in Group B then they have to work in Group C first.
Group B posts
- Assistant nursing officer
- Senior Section Officer
- Depot material superintendent
Salary for group B
The salary package is awesome and varies with the post. Salary-depending factors are post and experience. Salary increases with increasing experience.
- The Average salary in group B varies from 60,000 to 90,000. (How to join Indian Railway?)
RRB has taken up the responsibility of Group C & D jobs. RRB stands for Railway Requirement Board. It fills the vacant posts of Group C. Group C have some post technical and some posts are non-technical.
Group C technical posts
- Electrical engineer
- Civil engineer
- Mechanical engineer
- Telecommunication engineer
Eligibility criteria for the technical post of Group C
- Candidate must be at least 18 and at most 24 years old.
Note – Age relaxation is only for reserved category candidates.
- The candidate has passed class 10th and has an ITI certificate/Diploma.
- Candidate must have passed class 12th from any recognised board.
- Candidate must have studied maths and physics in class 12th 12th.
- Candidate must have a diploma in Engineering.
Group C non-technical posts
- Junior account assistant cum typist
- Assistant loco pilot
- Ticket collector
- Junior time keeper keeper
- Senior time keeper keeper
- Commercial apprentice
- Senior commercial cum ticket clerk
- Ticket clerk
- Senior clerk cum typist
- Station Master in zonal Railways and production unit etc
Eligibility criteria for non-technical post of Group C
- Candidate should be at least 18 years years old.
Note – Age relaxation is available only for reserved category candidates of St/SC/OBC.
- For ticket collectors, the candidate must have passed class 12th or equivalent exam from any recognised board.
- For assistant station master, the candidate must be a graduate with any stream from any recognised board.
- For assistant locomotive pilot, candidate must have first class 10th + ITI from certified board.
- For goods guard, Candidate must be graduate or diploma in rail transport and Management Management.
Salary for Group C post’s
The Salary of Group C depend on your post and your experience. It will increase with increasing experience. The average salary for Group C posts are very from 20,000 to 55,000 per month. (How to join Indian Railway?)
Group D is the last group of railway sector and its sector and its sector and its also comes under RRB. Vacancy of group D are filled filled are filled by RRB. The selection is conducted is conducted at the divisional as well as zonal level supervised by railway requirement board.
Group D post’s
- Hospital attendant
- Points man
- Track maintainer
Eligibility criteria for group D posts
- Candidate should have Indian citizenship.
- Candidates should have at least least at least least 18 year old
- Candidate must be at 31/33 years old.
Note – Age relaxation is only for those those candidate who belong to reserved category category.
- Candidate must have certificate of class 10th or ITI.
Salary of group D
Salary of group D is very from 18,000 to 20,000 per month. It will increase with increasing experience. It salary is different for different post.
Career as IAS Officer
How to become Commercial Pilot?
Career as a Air Hostess
How to Become Income tax officer?