How to join Indian Railway – Everyone is looking to improve their future. In such a situation, if you get a government job then it will be icing on the cake. Well we all know about benefit of government job that’s why Everyone need government job so in this article we will talk about how to join Indian Railways. In today era , railway network is very huge. Railway has about more than 8000 station as well as more than 1 lakh kilometre kilometre track. There is no chance to end job opportunities job opportunities in Railway sector.
However, the network of Indian Railways is at number one in Asia and number two worldwide. It has more than 70,000 passengers and more than 11,000 locomotives. There are four parts of Indian railway service or say 4 “group” which we also call “grade” i.e.
Learn in detail about everything in turn. (How to join Indian Railway?)
The level of Group A exam is very high. In group A, salary is awesome. Requirements of group A post are filled by UPSE. Competition is very high in this field due to lack of vacancy. You will be find opportunities or advertisement for group A post on the news paper, official website of UPSE or on Apna campus website etc. Aspirant’s get job in group A, Either by civil services exam or after promotions from group B.
Post under Group A
- IRSE (Indian Railways service of engineer): Civil Engineers
- IRSEE (Indian Railways service of Electrical engineers): Electrical Engineers
- IRSME (Indian Railways service of Mechanical engineers): Mechanical Engineers
- IRSS (Indian Railways stores serviceservices): Stores Service and
- IRSSE (Indian Railways service of Signal engineer): Signal Engineers
For above post, You have to qualify IES exam (Indian Engineering Service).
Eligibility of technical post
- Aspirant’s should be at least 21 year old or at most 30 year old.
Note – Age relaxation is only for reserved category candidate’s.
- Either candidate’s have bachelor degree of Engineering or master degree in one of these like Radio physics, Electronics, Radio engineering and wireless communications.
- IRMS Indian Railways Medical Service.
For above post, you have to qualify CMSE exam (Combined Medical Service examination) .
Eligibility of medical post
- Candidate’s must be less than 30 year old.
Note – age relaxation is only for reserved category candidate’s.
- Candidate’s must have MBBS degree.
- IRTS = Indian Railways Traffic service
- IRAS = Indian Railways Accounts Service
- IRPS = Indian Railways Personnel service
- IRPF = Indian Railways Protection Force
Grade A Remaining post
- ESE : Engineering Service Examination
- SCRA : Special Class Railway Apprentice
- IAS : Allied service
Eligibility of non technical or other remaining Post’s
- Candidate’s age should be 21 to 32 year old.
Note – Age relaxation are only for reserved category
- Candidate’s must have bachelor degree from any recognized university.
Salary of Group A
The salary package is very strong and vary with the different post of GROUP A. Salary will increase with experience.
- The average salary for Group A is vary from 1,30,000 to 1,60,000. (How to join Indian Railway?)
There is no exam for post in Group B. All those who work in Group B, all come from promotion after work in Group C. If the candidate’s wants to work in Group B then they have to work in Group C first.
Group B post’s
- Assistant nursing officer
- Senior Section Officer
- Depot material superintendent
Salary for group B
The salary package is awesome and vary with post. Salary depending factors are post and experience. Salary increases with increasing experience.
- The Average salary in group B vary from 60,000 to 90,000. (How to join Indian Railway?)
RRB has taken up the responsibility of Group C & D jobs. RRB stands for Railway Requirement Board. It fills the vacant posts of Group C. Group C has some post technical and some posts are non-technical.
Group C technical posts
- Electrical engineer
- Civil engineer
- Mechanical engineer
- Telecommunication engineer
Eligibility criteria for technical post of group C
- Candidate must be at least 18 and at most 24 years old.
Note – Age relaxation is only for reserved category candidates.
- Candidate have passed class 10th and have ITI certificate/Diploma.
- Candidate must have passed class 12th from any recognised board.
- Candidate must have studied maths and physics in class 12th 12th.
- Candidate must have diploma in Engineering.
Group C non technical posts
- Junior account assistant cum typist
- Assistant loco pilot
- Ticket collector
- Junior time keeper keeper
- Senior time keeper keeper
- Commercial apprentice
- Senior commercial cum ticket clerk
- Ticket clerk
- Senior clerk cum typist
- Station Master in zonal Railways and production unit etc
Eligibility criteria for non technical post of group C
- Candidate should be at least 18 years years old.
Note – Age relaxation is available only for reserved category candidates of St/SC/OBC.
- For ticket collector, candidate must have passed in class 12th or equivalent exam from any recognised board.
- For assistant station master, candidate must be graduate with any stream from any recognised board.
- For assistant locomotive pilot, candidate must have first class 10th + ITI from certified board.
- For goods guard, Candidate must be graduate or diploma in rail transport and Management Management.
Salary for Group C post’s
The Salary of Group C depend on your post and your experience. It will increase with increasing experience. The average salary for Group C posts are very from 20,000 to 55,000 per month. (How to join Indian Railway?)
Group D is the last group of railway sector and its sector and its sector and its also comes under RRB. Vacancy of group D are filled filled are filled by RRB. The selection is conducted is conducted at the divisional as well as zonal level supervised by railway requirement board.
Group D post’s
- Hospital attendant
- Points man
- Track maintainer
Eligibility criteria for group D posts
- Candidate should have Indian citizenship.
- Candidates should have at least least at least least 18 year old
- Candidate must be at 31/33 years old.
Note – Age relaxation is only for those those candidate who belong to reserved category category.
- Candidate must have certificate of class 10th or ITI.
Salary of group D
Salary of group D is very from 18,000 to 20,000 per month. It will increase with increasing experience. It salary is different for different post.