BPT – Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT) is a four-year undergraduate professional education that focuses on the science of physical movement and how to channel it to prevent disability and movement illnesses. Physiotherapy, often known as physical therapy, is a healthcare profession that assists people in improving, maintaining, or restoring their physical mobility, function, and strength. To treat chronic disorders of the bones and soft tissues, this discipline employs electrotherapy, evidence-based kinesiology, exercise prescription, and shockwave mobility.
What is BPT?
The Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT) is an undergraduate curriculum that focuses on the human body’s structure. This study lasts four years, and students must complete a six-month internship at the end of the programme. Physiotherapy is a type of treatment that uses physical factors like heat, electricity, mechanical pressure, and mechanical forces to treat patients.
Physical therapy is used to preserve and restore maximum movement and functional capacity during the course of a person’s life. Therapy aids in the treatment of illnesses without the use of medications. Physiotherapists are well-versed in human anatomy and the complexities of bones, muscles, and nerves.
Why Choose BPT?
Physiotherapy is a professional bachelor’s degree that guarantees employment upon completion. You can work in hospitals and physiotherapy clinics as a qualified healthcare practitioner, or you can open your own clinic and practise independently.
- Physiotherapy is a discipline of medicine that involves the application of physical movement techniques such as exercise and massage.
- The BPT course gives education, advise, and counselling to persons who are in their senior years and require specific physical and mental care.
- Students in this programme learn manual therapy skills, exercises, and how to use an electro-physical style of treatment to treat a wide range of disabilities and diseases connected to the spine, back, neck, and even stress-related issues.
BPT Course Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants must meet the norms and standards set forth by the relevant authorities in order to be admitted to the Bachelor of Physiotherapy programme. Applicants who do not meet the minimum standards will not be admitted to the institute. It should be noted that eligibility requirements range from one institute to the next. Aspirants must meet the eligibility requirements set forth by the individual institutes.
- Should have received a minimum of 50% in 10+2 from a recognized institute.
- Physics, Chemistry, and Biology must have been taken as obligatory courses in 10+2.
- Candidates must have earned a passing grade in English.
- At the time of admission, candidates must have reached the age of 17.
BPT Courses Admission Process
The student’s performance in the entrance examination determines whether or not they are admitted to the BPT programme. To sit for the admission exam, students must first complete the application form, which includes basic information such as personal, contact, and academic information.
It’s worth noting that the application process will only be available for a limited time. Only those candidates who submit their applications before the deadline will be permitted to take the exam. The admission card will be available for download to all enrolled candidates. On the day of the exam, candidates must bring their admit cards to the testing centre.
Aspirants should check that they meet the required eligibility conditions before filling out the application form. Applicants who fail to achieve the specified conditions and qualifications will be eliminated from the competition.
Based on the grades received, the authorities compile a merit list. This is a general admission procedure that may vary depending on the institute or university to which the student is applying.
BPT Entrance Exams
During the admissions process, BPT entrance tests are given, and the course exams are divided into semesters. BPT entrance tests are required for admission to some colleges/universities that offer programmes. Applying for top medical tests can also be used to prepare for BPT admission exams. Some colleges use the national eligibility cum entrance test (NEET) or the common entry test (CET) as an entrance exam, while others have their own entrance exam for admission. The following are some of the most popular BPT admission exams:
BPT Course Preparation Tips
BPT stands for Bachelor of Physiotherapy, and graduates can pursue a range of employment paths. If a student intends to pursue this professional route, they need be well prepared for it. Here are some helpful hints for students looking to enrol in these BPT courses.
- Understanding of the course – Learn about the course, the syllabus, and the topics covered. A rudimentary comprehension of the curriculum might help you select the best career route for you. It’s also a good idea to familiarize yourself with the course so you can decide whether or not this physiotherapy field will be advantageous to your professional advancement.
- Improving your talents – Before applying to this course, be sure you have the skills that will help you succeed. To succeed in this course, you should improve your personal talents and medical knowledge. Improve your communication and learning talents to gain a better understanding of this course.
- Proficiency – Students should have a solid understanding of physiotherapy in order to complete this course effectively. Additionally, students with prior physiotherapy expertise and a stronger interest in the field will profit from this course once it is completed.
BPT Course Fee structure
The cost of a BPT course in India varies depending on the infrastructure and amenities provided by the colleges/universities that provide the programme. The average pricing structure for a BPT course in India is INR 1-5 LPA. In India, BPT rates are different from other medical degrees, and there is a great demand for Bachelor of Physiotherapy fees in the physiotherapy industry. In comparison to rates in other nations, BPT fees are low.
Aspirants can go for any one of the following specializations during the last year of the course.
- Higher education venues for BPT graduates
- Job opportunities for a physiotherapist
- Job Titles that BPT graduates can find
- M.Sc Anatomy
- Rehabilitation centres
- Physiotherapy lecturers
- M.Sc Physiology
- Retirement and old age homes
- Research assistant
- PG diploma in sports science
- Research centres
- Therapy manager
- MBA hospital administration
- Health and fitness centres
- Sports physio rehabilitator
- Master of Sports Physiotherapy
- Physiotherapy colleges
- Cardio-thoracic physiotherapy
Here is given below the BPT Syllabus.
|First Year||Second Year||Third Year||Final Year|
|Pathology & Microbiology|
PT in ortho condition
PT in medical condition 1
Yoga & Naturopathy
Paediatrics & Geriatrics
PT in medical condition-2
PT in surgical conditions
Principles of Rehabilitation
BPT Higher Studies
Bachelor of Physiotherapy is a well-known and respected undergraduate programme in the medical field. The physiotherapy course prepares students for graduate professions working overseas or in organisations involved in the medical industry on a global scale by providing them with an overview of various physiotherapy techniques seen around the world.
Hospital administration, corporate management, public health management, and a variety of other postgraduate programmes are all open to BPT graduates. Some of the higher education options offered to students include.
- PGDip in Physiotherapy and nutrition
Physiotherapy students with a bachelor’s degree have a lot of chances for job advancement and growth. Physiotherapists are needed in every hospital and health clinic because they play such a vital role in the health industry. They aid in the restoration of physical movement and function following an injury, disease, or handicap.
After earning a degree in physiotherapy, a candidate can work in any health and fitness clinic or open their own private physiotherapist practise. In addition, many multinational corporations employ physiotherapists to ensure the health of their personnel. In addition, a significant number of boarding schools have employed their own physiotherapists. This is done in order to keep their students healthy.
Physiotherapists have become an integral element of sports, with nearly every sports team in the world employing one. It is critical for a sportsperson to maintain his or her fitness and health. Injuries to the joints when participating in sports are fairly common, and physiotherapists can help patients recover quickly. Physiotherapists provide treatment that promotes wellbeing, increased exercise, and quick recovery from injury.
BPT Job Profiles
Aspirants invite to apply for the following positions.
- Consultant Physiotherapist in Multi-specialty Hospitals, Health Care Centers, NGOs
- Corporate Physiotherapists in MNCs
- Health Care Physiotherapy Instructor in Modern Gymnasiums
- Ergonomic Care Advisor
- Physiotherapist in Special Schools for Physically Challenged Children
- Physiotherapist in Old Age Residential Homes
- Sports Physiotherapists along with Sports Associations, Sports Team, individually hired physiotherapists by elite athletes
- Entrepreneurs in Rehabilitation Centers/ Organizations
- Private Practitioners running Private Physiotherapy Practice
- Clinical Researcher
BPT Top Recruiters
All physiotherapy graduates are offered lucrative wage packages when they are hired in leading hospitals and health centres. Some of India’s best fitness centres also use the best staff in the field to properly teach their clientele. Help Age India, Apollo Hospitals, Fortis Hospital, Hosmat Hospital, Talwalkers Pantaloon Fitness Pvt Ltd, and others are some of the top recruiters.
Candidates can get rich work in the sports stadium, ministry of sports, various health societies, and other places if they can demonstrate their practical knowledge. They can also engage in solo practise and freelance work. Outside of India, countries like the United States and the United Kingdom have a high demand for physiotherapists.
Physiotherapy, as an art and science for preventing, treating, and rehabilitating physical injuries and the disabled, is gaining a lot of traction in India, owing to its job opportunities and future prospects. Soon after graduation, these experts are able to secure solid positions with competitive incomes.
In India, the typical salary package for BPT courses is between INR 2-5 LPA. The salary granted to students varies depending on their physiotherapy abilities and experience, as well as the advancement of the course.
The list of Some reputed colleges and universities to pursue BPT courses is the following.
- Christian Medical College
- St. Johns Medical College
- Sri Ramachandra University
- Apeejay College of Fine Art
- Jodhpur National University
- Institute of Applied Medicines and Research
- Jagannath University
- Jagdishprasad Jhabarmal Tibrewala University
- Topiwala National Medical College
- Chitkara University
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
B.Arch Course details
MSc Computer Science
B.Sc Computer Science Course details
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can add ‘Dr.’ to your name after Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT), as you are now a certified physiotherapist after completing the degree. You are also enrolled under the Physiotherapist Category Doctors after successfully completing the course.
The Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT) is an undergraduate curriculum that focuses on the human body’s structure. This study lasts four years, and students must complete a six-month internship at the end of the programme.
To start, MBBS stands for bachelor of surgery and medicine. Bachelor of physiotherapy (BPT) is a degree in physiotherapy. Both are somewhat comparable fields, although they are vastly distinct. Doctors are referred to as MBBS, but physiotherapists are referred to as BPT.
Due to its work schedule and numerous employment opportunities, BPT (Physiotherapy) is one of the most challenging courses for female students. It’s ideal for girls since they may work as consultants for any orthopaedic surgeon or doctor, or they can open their own clinic where they can work for 3–4 hours and earn a high wage.
As a result, in India, NEET is not necessary for BPT. You must be at least 17 years old, have taken Science in +2 with Biology as a compulsory subject, and have received at least 50% in each subject.
1 thought on “BPT – Full form, Course, Salary, Eligibility, Scope, Syllabus”
Top ,.. top top … post! Keep the good work on !