BPMT – The need for Bachelor of Paramedical Technology (BPMT) programmes has grown as the medical industry has become more commercialised. Every hospital seeks employees with experience using and caring for medical equipment.
Prior to beginning your job, you should be familiar with what a paramedic performs. A paramedic is a medical professional focusing on regaining a patient’s minimum functions to their best. Responding to emergencies and assisting the doctor during surgery are both duties of their employment.
What is BPMT?
The 03 years undergraduate Bachelor of Paramedical Technology (BPMT) programme focuses on teaching students about healthcare and medical knowledge in various paramedical technologies, including obstetrics, pathology, and injury treatment. This course has several specialities, including information on services for spinal injuries, general accidents, fracture management, etc.
Why Choose BPMT?
The following are some advantages of enrolling in a BPMT course:
- Some key learning that an applicant would develop while pursuing the course includes skills such as Medical, Nursing.
- In India, one of the most popular career choices for students is this one. The degree offers a wide variety of job options in the public and commercial healthcare sectors.
- leading industries Some of the well-known businesses, like healthcare, education, research and development, and medicine, are open to students with a BPMT.
- Due to the knowledge one gain, a BPMT graduate is qualified to get a better income.
BPMT Course Eligibility Criteria
The following is a list of the requirements for admission to BPMT programmes in reputable Indian colleges & universities for your reference:
- In order to enrol in BPMT courses, a student must have received at least 50% on their 10+2 exam.
- The prospective applicant must have completed the 10+2 grade level with Biology, Chemistry, & Physics as required subjects.
- In addition to this, candidates must pass the appropriate entrance exams held for BPMT courses to move on to the next stage of the admissions process.
BPMT Courses Admission Process
In India, entrance tests like the MHT CET, NEET, etc. are used to determine admission to the BPMT programme. While certain institutions, like AFMC, hold their own entrance exams, several colleges also accept admission based on merit. Following the selection process, the relevant college conducts a round of personal interviews or counselling, on the basis of which a final seat allocation is made.
Visit the college’s or the exam’s sponsoring organisation’s official website to register by completing the BPMT online application. Give all the information that is needed. Complete the registration form and further stages such as admit card, appeared in the exam and download the result. A list of qualifying applicants will be made available when the exam is successfully completed. Candidates who meet the requirements must then show up for the counselling session in order to enrol in the college.
BPMT Entrance Exams
The following is the list of BPMT entrance exams.
Bachelor of Paramedical Technology Course Preparation Tips
The BPMT admission tests are among the most thorough, thus the following advice should be taken into account for improved performance:
- The candidate should be familiar with the exam’s syllabus. They should divide the topics into manageable chunks, determine the number of days and hours needed for proper preparation, and create a schedule.
- Concepts of mathematics, physics, chemistry, and biology should be well learned. Applicant time management should take into account each course and topic.
- For a better understanding of the exam format, students should complete a sample QP & take several mock exams and model tests. Aspirants save a lot of time during the test if they are familiar with the exam format.
BPMT Course – Best College & Fee Structure
The following are the best college with their fee structure.
|Average Annual Fees
|Government of Medical College, Nagpur
|Byramjee Jeejeebhoy Government Medical College, Pune
|Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
|Rs. 20,000 to Rs. 50,000
|Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College, Mumbai
|Government Medical College and Hospital, Aurangabad
|Topiwala National Medical College, Mumbai
|Shree Bhausaheb Government Medical College & Hospital, Dhule
Bachelor of Paramedical Technology Syllabus
|Health and Sanitisation
|Role of Paramedics in Medical and Surgical Emergency
|General Medicine & Surgery
|Physics and Imaging Technology
|Postmortem Room Procedures
|Basic and Applied Perfusion Technology
|Clinical Forensic Medicine
|Procedure and Patient Care
|Recent Advances in Perfusion Technology
|Radiation: Administration and Safety
|Mental and Nervous Disorders
Graduates of the BPMT programme can find work in a variety of fields, including nursing, nursing homes, therapy, paramedic healthcare, assistantships to teaching, doctors, research development, etc. There are career prospects in hospitals, health departments, nursing homes, clinics, and other public and private organisations. They have a variety of paramedical science specialities to select from, including obstetrics, general accidents, fracture care & spinal injury management. They can decide to work as an endoscopy technician, blood transfusion technicians, laboratory technician, operating room technician, professors, paramedical researchers, physiotherapists, nurses, or occupational therapists, among other professions.
Due to their knowledge of the subject and their experience in the area, alumni of this course frequently get higher-paying positions. However, these professions’ average yearly pay ranges from INR 4 to 8 LPA. The following are some of the salaries for the course:
|Average Annual Salary in INR
|INR 3.5 – 4.5 LPA
|Blood Transfusion Technician
|INR 8 – 9 LPA
|Medical Laboratory Technician
|INR 2. 5 LPA
|Operation Theatre Technician
|INR 3-4 LPA