BCom Economics – B.Com Economics is a three-year undergraduate programme. For admission to the programme, applicants must hold a 10+2 intermediate or diploma from an accredited educational board. Instead of using a semester structure, some of the institutions providing the course use an annual exam pattern approach. To know more about BCom Economics, Go through the entire article.
What is BCom Economics?
Bachelor of Commerce in Economics, often known as B.Com. Economics is a bachelor’s degree programme that concentrates on giving students a feel of business by having them specialise in organisational processes, cost accounting, and other related areas. The goal of the course is to prepare students to assess the economic process within a corporate environment. Students who complete the B.Com Economics curriculum get a practical sensitivity as well as an in-depth technical understanding of the environment and business sector economic ideas. Numerous work options in the banking and financial industries are offered to students through the course. The fact that this course covers more than just certain economics-related subjects is fantastic. It provides an in-depth understanding of the current economic conditions that are existent in India.
BCom Economics Course Eligibility Criteria
For consideration for enrollment in the BCom in Economics programme, applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Students must have completed Class 12 from an accredited board with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 50% (45% for candidates from the reserved category).
- Students must have completed mathematics as a required subject in class 12 in order to enrol.
BCom Economics Courses Admission Process
Admissions to the BCom Economics programme are made based on a candidate’s achievement in the entrance test or on merit. The admissions process for the BCom Economics programme is explained below.
- Candidates must submit a direct application to the college or institution they desire to attend.
- Maintain a strong grade in Class 12, since these grades serve as the foundation for the whole selection process.
- Colleges eventually publish their cutoff lists.
- They must visit the college and provide the necessary documentation if they surpass the cutoff grades set by the admissions office.
Entrance based selection
- Send admissions applications to the institutions and universities you are interested in.
- Register for the entrance tests you must pass in order to apply for admission to the preferred college.
- A person must achieve the cut-off marks established by the admission administration in order to be qualified for admission.
- The college or university will proceed with the final seat allocation to the students when the admission procedure is over, and applicants must then submit the admission fee.
BCom Economics Entrance Exams
The following is a list of BCom economics admission exams:
BCom Economics Course Fee Structure
The fees of the B.Com. Economics course ranges from Rs. 7K to 90K. In comparison to private institutions, state colleges may charge lesser fees. Additionally, the college’s facilities and placement record served as a decisive factor in the pricing structure. Here, it is suggested that students thoroughly read the brochure’s information before making any admissions-related decisions.
|Name of the College/ University
|Average Annual Fees
|Chandigarh University, Chandigarh
|Jain University, Bangalore
|Meerut Institution of Technology, Meerut
|Jai Hind College, Mumbai
|Institute of Professional Education and Research, Bhopal
|AKS University, Satna
|Woxsen University, Hyderabad
Bachelor of Commerce Economics Syllabus
The following comprehensive syllabus for the BCom Economics course is provided. however, it may differ from one institute to another.
|Commercial Bank Management
|Economy of India
|Financial Market Operation
|Cost Practice and Theory
|Company Accounts Principles
|Business Regulatory Framework
|Advance Cost Accounts
|Advances of Statistics
|Indian Contract Act
|Insurance Business Principles
|Income Tax of Individuals
|Business Income Tax
|Project Planning and Control
The following are some similar undergraduate courses.
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)
- Bachelor of Commerce Honours (B.Com Hons)
- B.Com Accountancy
- B.Com Accounting and Finance
- B.Com Banking and Insurance
- B.Com Banking Management
- B.Com Co-operation
- B.Com Computer Applications
- B.Com Computer Science
- B.Com Corporate Secretaryship
- B.Com Finance
- B.Com Information Technology
BCom Economics Scope
The BCom Economics programme has recently gained a lot of popularity among students. Many students are enrolling in this course. The training provides several employment options. Following the completion of a BCom in Economics, the following educational options are the most common.
BCom Economics Higher Studies
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Commerce (M.Com)
- Cost Management Accounting (CMA)
BCom Economics Job Profiles
- Stock Broker
- System Analyst
- Media Analyst
- Curriculum Developer
- Retail Analyst
- Lead Modeler
- Service Quality Leader
- Banking Business Analyst
- Investment Advisor
- Financial Director
- Business Risk Advisory
- Analytic Manager
- Business Development Executive
BCom Economics Employment Areas
- Banking Sector
- Stock Exchanges
- Financial Agencies
- Colleges and Universities
- Financial Department of different industries
- Coaching Centres
BCom Economics Recruiters
- Frnst and young
- ICICI bank
Read Also: CSE (Civil Service Exam) – Types
BCom Economics Salary
Salary after obtaining a BCom in Economics might vary depending on region, employment market conditions, talents, and experience. Entry-level employment generally pays between Rs. 40,000 and Rs. 60,000 per year. Salary increases can be large with experience and competence, particularly in managing jobs or specialised fields. It is crucial to remember, however, that these values are approximations and may change. A complete grasp of compensation expectations may be obtained by conducting extensive studies on individual job positions, sectors, and the local employment market.
|Average Annual Salary
|Rs. 4,00,000 – 5,00,000
|Financial Risk Manager
|Rs. 3,00,000 – 5,00,000
|Rs. 4,00,000 – 6,00,000
|Rs. 4,00,000 – 5,00,000
BCom Economics colleges
Here is given below the list of Some reputed colleges and universities to pursue BCom Economics courses.
|Top College for B.Com Economics
|Shri Ram College Of Commerce
|Loyola College Chennai
|St. Xavier’s College
|Hindu College New Delhi
|Lady Shri Ram College for Women
|St. Joseph’s College Of Commerce
|Narsee Monjee College Of Commerce and Economics
|Symbiosis College Of Arts and Commerce