BCom (Hons) – B.Com Honours is a three-year Undergraduate degree programme that covers accounting fundamentals, economic theory, micro and macroeconomics, trade and policies, and more. The major goal of the B.Com Hons programme is to teach students the fundamentals of commerce and trade principles, which are critical for every business. Students seeking a B.Com Honours degree have numerous job options in India and overseas in fields such as accounting, management, finance, and banking. B.Com Hons graduates can find work in both the commercial and public sectors of a variety of reputable firms in India and overseas.
What is BCom (Hons)?
Bachelor of Commerce Honours is a three-year bachelor’s degree programme that emphasises certain abilities and procedures that candidates should have in fields like accounting, finance, banking, and research. Business economics, costing, and accounting are among the course’s most significant topics. Business statistics, indirect taxation, business mathematics, and a variety of other topics are covered. In terms of topics, subjects, and job domains, the B.Com Honours programme offers a wide range of alternatives. The B.Com Honours course has a wide range of work opportunities in both the private and public sectors of different reputable firms in India and overseas, all of which offer a competitive wage package.
Why Choose BCom (Hons)?
Anyone can pursue BCom Hons due to the following reasons.
- BCom (Hons) is among the most professional courses in the field of commerce, and most candidates seek it in order to work as an accountant, tax specialist, investment banker, financial consultant, and other comparable positions.
- The nicest thing about this honours course is that many universities incorporate a CA or CFA curriculum, making it easier for the student to study for these highly regarded certifications that most commerce students wish to pursue later after graduation.The possibilities for a successful career are limitless. Professionals with a background in finance and accounting are in high demand in Big Companies, Corporate Companies, and Multinational Corporations (MNCs), and these professionals are needed in practically all cities and regions across the world.
- The training not only leads to a better-paying employment, but it also opens the door to a variety of professional certifications that will help you become a Certified professional.
- If you work for a reputable organisation and have the highly sought-after advanced talents, there is a lot of room for advancement in this field.
BCom (Hons) Course Eligibility Criteria
The common B.Com (Hons.) eligibility criteria are shown below.
- Candidates should have passed an Intermediate level or equivalent examination from a recognised state or national board.
- Colleges have different minimum percentage requirements.
- For example, in major universities such as Delhi University or Mumbai University, the cut-off percentage for B.Com can be as high as 99 percent, while at some colleges, it can be as low as 45 percent.
- Applicants must have majored in Business Studies, Accounting, Economics, Math, and English in high school.
BCom (Hons) Courses Admission Process
The application process for B.Com. Hons. admissions differs from one institution to the next and from one college to the next. Several institutions accept students depending on their 10+2 academic achievement; pupils who studied accounting or economics in high school are also given preference. Several universities grant admission to students based on their performance in a university- or government-sponsored qualifying examination.
Applicants can apply for admission simply by going to the university, filling out the registration form, attaching the necessary papers, and submitting it via offline method. Aspirants can also enroll by going to the college’s official website, filling out the application form, and attaching the necessary documents in the manner requested. The registration fee is also supposed to be paid at the time of applying.
Admission is usually granted on the basis of merit; however, some institutions and universities may have their own entrance exams for B.Com admissions (Hons.).
BCom (Hons) Entrance Exams
Candidates can sit for a variety of entrance tests for the B.Com Honours degree programme. Degree holders who performed well in their exam exams and 10+2 classes can enrol in a course at a reputable college or university. Several of the top admission examinations for BCom Honours after completing the 10th/12th grade are discussed here so that students may get a better understanding of which entrance exams they should take. The following are some of the top and most important B.Com Honours entrance exams.
- IPU CET
- BHU UET
BCom (Hons) Course Preparation Tips
Before beginning to prepare for any exam, it is critical to review the syllabus for all of the exams you intend to take. Consider these points while you prepare for the BCom Hons Entrance Exam.
- Before you begin studying for the exam, look over the exam pattern and curriculum.
- Make a timetable and stick to it to ensure that you finish the full curriculum on time.
- You should read newspapers and keep up with Indian and international news, especially in the fields of finance and economics, for general knowledge and current affairs.
- Several aid books are available on the market to help you improve your General English Language Proficiency.
- The NCERT books are sufficient to prepare for disciplines such as Business Management, Economics, and Accountancy.
- To aid your preparation, have sample papers and previous year’s question papers on hand.If you really can get your hands on some online or offline mock tests, you should definitely take 5-10 of them before taking the exam.
- For the best exam results, study hard, prepare thoroughly, and sleep on time and on a regular basis.
BCom (Hons) Course Fee structure
The cost of a program might range from INR 5 K to 1 LPA, and the cost of a course can vary depending on the institutions or universities, as well as the facilities, amenities, and degree of education supplied.
BCom (Hons) Specializations
Aspirants who want to work in the field of commerce can choose from a number of specialties offered by the B.Com. Hons. degree. There are specialities in accounting, accounting, administration, and other fields. The specialisations available at each college varies. They have the option of selecting a specialism based on their personal influence in the field. Some of the most prevalent B.Com specialisations are as follows.
- Accounting and Finance
- Banking & Insurance
BCom (Hons) Syllabus
The curriculum consists of mandatory core subjects, and students can choose from a list of elective courses supplied by the college. Aside from that, there is required project work that was due in the previous semester.
|First Year||Second Year||Third Year|
|Business Organization & Management|
Micro Economics I
Basics of Computer
Micro Economics II
Any Language college is offering (Mainly English)
Income Tax Laws & Practice
Any Language college is offering (Mainly English)
|Fourth Year||Fifth Year||Sixth Year|
Human resource Management
Performance & Policies in Indian Economy
Elective Course (Any One)
Ethics of Business
Elective Course (Any One)
BCom (Hons) Higher Studies
In India and worldwide, the B.Com Honours programme has numerous good employment and pay opportunities in practically all private and public sectors of various businesses. Following a B.Com Honours programme in India or abroad, the following higher education program are offered.
BCom (Hons) Scope
After obtaining their Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) degree, graduates have following options.
- After attaining a B.com (Honours) degree, graduates will be able to work in entry-level positions in their areas. After earning a few years of work experience, they will continue their education and pursue a master’s degree in the respective discipline.
- Applicants who get a B.Com. Hons. will be able to pursue a postgraduate degree in a relevant field without having to forgo a semester of college. Students can pursue M.Com (Master of Commerce), B.Ed. (Bachelor of Education), LLB (Bachelor of Legislative Law), or MBA (Master of Business Administration) degrees.
BCom (Hons) Job Profiles
Students with a B.Com. Hons. degree can find rewarding job possibilities in a variety of settings around the world. Some of the most frequent areas of work include education, banking, finance, and insurance.
- Account Assistant
- Investment Analyst
- Chartered Management Accountant
- Personal Finance Consultant
- Investment Banker
- Money Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Market Analyst
- Operations Manager
- Budget Analyst
- Cost Estimator
- Business Consultant
- Finance Manager
- Risk Analyst
- Senior Accountant
- Securities Analyst
- Certified Public Accountant
- Stock Broker
BCom (Hons) Top Recruiters
Students with a B.Com. Hons. degree have a wide range of prospects. Bachelor of commerce honours graduates can expect a lot of work opportunities and good pay. They can work in a variety of positions. A list of top recruiters for B.Com. Hons. grads is provided below.
- Tata Consultancy Services Limited
- Computer Sciences Corporation
- Wipro Technologies Ltd.
- HCL Technologies Ltd.
- EY (Ernst & Young)
- Infosys Limited
- J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
- Deutsche Bank
- Condulent Inc.
- IBM Corp.
BCom (Hons) Salary
In India, the compensation for a B.Com Honours position ranges from INR 4.4 LPA to INR 10 LPA, with some additional fringe rewards and benefits during the festival season. Graduates’ salaries and additional benefits may vary depending on their skills, aptitude, and experience, thus graduates must be efficient in all sectors in order to earn a higher CTC.
BCom (Hons) colleges
Here is given below the list of Some reputed colleges and universities to pursue BCom (Hons) course.
- Shri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi
- St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai
- Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai
- St. Joseph’s College of Commerce, Bangalore
- Hans Raj College, New Delhi
- Madras Christian College, Chennai
- R.A. Podar College of Commerce & Economics, Mumbai
- Hindu College, New Delhi Hindu College, New Delhi
- Jesus and Mary College, New Delhi
- H.R. College of Commerce & Economics, Mumbai
Frequently Asked Questions
Accountancy, economics, finance, and other fields of commerce could be specialisation areas. As a result, for further in-depth studies in the commerce field, a b.com (hons) is unquestionably superior. Because B.Com (Hons) is more business-oriented and comprehensive, it is well-suited to a lucrative career in Chartered Accountancy.
Statistics, finance, economics, marketing, accounting, business studies, mathematics, banking, law, taxation, management studies, and other relevant subjects are covered in depth in the B.Com. Hons. curriculum.
The sole distinction is that the cut-offs for B.Com (Hons) degrees are substantially higher than those for B.Com programmes. B.Com (Hons) is a highly sought-after course in some of Delhi University’s most famous schools, with cut-offs skyrocketing each year in colleges such as Hans Raj, SRCC, Ramjas, and others.
B.Com (Hons.) is a practical programme that focuses on preparing students for careers in the business world. This bachelor’s degree in commerce is one of the more standard options. B.Com (Hons.) is a business-focused curriculum that teaches students about business, taxation, accounting, marketing, and other related topics.
If candidates are eligible for both programmes individually, they can do CA and B.Com simultaneously. Whether or not pursuing both studies at the same time is a better option is entirely up to you.