B.P.Ed – Bachelor of Physical Education (B.P.Ed.) is an undergraduate study that focuses on the development & care of the human body. The shortened form of the Bachelor of Physical Education degree programme is B.P.E. It is possible to pursue it as a full-time or part-time course (correspondence). Sportspeople or individuals with a passion for sports and associated activities would benefit greatly from a Physical Education programme.
What is B.P.Ed?
A bachelor’s degree in the subject of physical education is a three- or four-year graduate degree program that focuses on careers in the health & fitness industry. It is one of the most recent graduate degrees. A wide number of specialities in science, healthcare, and some fields of psychology and social science are available with this degree.
This course will focus on one of the most important aspects of health as well as science. This program covers topics such as psychology, nutrition, mental health, management, and sports, among others. The Bachelor of Physical Education programme has a wide range of work opportunities with a competitive wage package in both the government and industry of numerous reputable businesses in India and overseas.
Why Choose B.P.Ed?
The B.P.Ed Program assists applicants in learning about various sports management methodologies, principles, and sociology of sport, as well as building communication skills that will help them better lead students. The following are some of the elements that will assist us in comprehending.
- The Sports Sector in India is Developing at an Accelerating Rate: The sports industry in India is experiencing exponential growth. It is expected to develop at an 18 per cent compound annual growth rate (CAGR) through 2022, making it one of India’s quickest sectors and creating job possibilities for sports managers, trainers, and coaches.
- Job opportunities: The B.P.Ed program not only assists in obtaining a decent career in the industry of sports practice and training, but also in supplementary fields such as commentator, Sports Journalist, Commentator, sports administration, and many others.
- Good compensation and other benefits: Most B.P.Ed graduates are hired as coaching staff, trainers, teachers, and other positions. Applicants with a B.P.Ed are engaged by government organisations such as the Sports Association of India, the Athletics Organisation of India, the AIFF, and others.
- The typical income is between INR 500,000 & INR 600,000 per year, with certain cases reaching INR 12-15 Lacs per year. In private organizations, salaries are also highly competitive, with employees earning above INR 300,000 per year. Insurance, health and dental benefits, retirement plans, and many other benefits are provided by the government and private institutions.
- After completing the B.P.Ed degree, B.P.Ed candidates have the option of establishing their own academy or training programme. In India, there are about 5000 private sports institutes or coaching institutions that train aspiring sportsmen.
- Job satisfaction: A B.P.Ed graduate’s job entails teaching individuals in a variety of sports. Individuals experience enormous job satisfaction when they win any tournament at any level on the international stage.
B.P.Ed Course Eligibility Criteria
Applicants interested in pursuing a Bachelor of Physical Education degree have several alternatives. There are universities that offer enrollment on a first-come, first-served basis, on the basis of 10+2 merit, as well as on the basis of entrance tests.
- Aspirants must have completed their 10+2 education from a recognised board.
- Applicants must get at least 55 per cent in their best four 10+2 subjects to be considered.
- Students can take the physical education entrance test, which is administered by state examination agencies and universities.
B.P.Ed Courses Admission Process
The applicants can apply for B.P.Ed. admissions differ from the name of the college or university and from institution to institution. Several universities offer admissions based on 10+2 grades; students who have studied physical education in 10th grade are also preferred. Many institutions provide admission to students based on their achievement in an entrance exam administered by the university or by state and national authorities.
Applicants may apply for admission by having to visit the institution, filling out the admission form with relevant documents, & submitting it via offline mode. Aspirants may also apply by visiting the college’s official website, filling out the application form, as well as uploading the needed documents in the format specified. The payment of the registration fee is also necessary at the time of application.
B.P.Ed Entrance Exams
Aspirants can take a limited number of entrance tests for the Bachelor of Physical Education programme. A good merit rank in Secondary and Higher Secondary Education is vital, however, appearing for entrance tests is only a partial criterion. Candidates can enrol in a course at a reputable institution or university. Many of the top admission tests for Bachelor of Physical Education are regarded here after completing Secondary and Higher Secondary Education to acquire a good concept of the program that is not required. The following are some of the top and most important Bachelor of Physical Education entrance tests.
|Name of the Entrance Exam||Read More||Official website|
|BHU UET||Click Here||Click Here|
|ITM NEST||Click Here||Click Here|
|LPUPET||Click Here||Click Here|
B.P.Ed Course Preparation Tips
Aspirants pursuing a bachelor’s degree in physical education can prepare by understanding the fundamentals of fitness and health. Candidates pursuing a bachelor’s degree in physical education can review and practise skills-based problems using a variety of books available on the market. Tips for preparing for the Bachelor of Physical Education program are extremely significant. Some of the suggestions below can help you prepare for your B.P.Ed course.
Practical Knowledge – For the Bachelor of Physical Education programme, having adequate practical knowledge is critical. Because this is a medical program, you must have prior experience in the subject.
Presentation Abilities – Because the B.P.Ed programme is a bachelor’s degree, the individual will be required to show his or her work in a variety of contexts, and having strong presentation skills is always a benefit.
B.P.Ed Course Fee structure
The average annual fee for a B.P.Ed program is between INR 6,500 and 51,000. In comparison to private B.P.Ed. colleges, government physical education colleges charge lower fees. The cost of a B.P.Ed program varies depending on the college/facilities university’s amenities, as well as the degree of education delivered.
Syllabus and Subjects for Bachelor of Physical Education
The B.P.Ed course syllabus and subjects are organised in such a way that aspirants gain a better understanding of the many program courses that are required for them to expand their knowledge in various disciplines. The B.P.Ed syllabus and subjects cover a wide range of health and fitness-related themes.
Lectures, workshops, research projects, practicals, internships, and seminars are all part of the Bachelor of Physical Education programme in India. Examinations, practical evaluations, and research project work are all part of the program offered. The following are some of the major topics covered in the Bachelor of Physical Education programme.
- Research and Statistics
B.P.Ed Higher Studies
Higher education opportunities for Bachelor of Physical Education with the greatest pay are available in practically all commercial and public sectors of various companies in India and worldwide. Those who have earned their B.P.Ed can pursue higher education in physical education, such as a Master in Physical Education, a Post Graduate Diploma in Health And Fitness Management (PGDM), or a Master of Philosophy in Physical Education.
The Institutions and how the organization conducts entrance tests and physical fitness tests as the B.P.Ed pick applicants for giving B.P.Ed admissions are based on the B.P.Ed course specifics of selection and admission.
Aspirants who have completed B.P.Ed programmes can work in a variety of sports-related industries. Physical education instructors are needed in schools and institutions. In addition, B.P.Ed holders are hired by a variety of sports groups and teams to provide training to prospective athletes.
Applicants with strong communication skills and a B.P.Ed can also work as sports journalists. Private training centres also have a lot of potential for people looking to establish a fitness business.
B.P.Ed Job Profiles
Following are some of the possible career paths for applicants who have completed the B.P.Ed. programme.
- Physical Education Teacher
- Gym Trainer
- Umpire/ Referee
- Sports Goods Manufacturing and Marketing Executive
- Sports Trainer
- Sports Journalist
- Soft Skill Trainer
- Sports Administrator
- Fitness In-charge
- Sports Photojournalist
- Yoga Trainer
B.P.Ed Top Recruiters
The following are the employment areas for all those who are completing their B.P.Ed.
- Sports and Business Marketing Companies
- Sports Equipment Industries
- Sports Journalism
- Sports Team
- Colleges & Universities
- Fitness Centres
- Hotel Industries
- Private Schools
The salary of a bachelor of physical education degree holder is determined by the job description and the student’s experience in the field of physical education. A recent graduate might expect to earn anywhere between Rs. 2 lakh and Rs. 5 lakhs per year. Coaches and referees can earn up to Rs. 5 lakhs per year or more, depending on the sport and level they operate at (state, national or international level). The primary moneymakers in this area are training centres and gyms. Depending on their experience and knowledge, personal trainers can earn anywhere from Rs. 15 lakhs to Rs. 1 crore each year.
Here is given below the list of Some reputed colleges and universities to pursue B.P.Ed courses.
- University of Delhi, New Delhi
- Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak
- University of Calicut, Calicut
- Lovely Professional University, Punjab
- Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam
- Magadh University, Bihar
- Annamalai University, Chidambaram
- Indira Gandhi Institute of Physical Education and Sports Sciences, New Delhi
- SGGS Khalsa College, Hoshiarpur
|Bachelor of Arts||Bachelor of Business Administration|
|Bachelor of Management Studies||Bachelor of computer applications|
Frequently Asked Questions
The length of a B.Ed. degree varies depending on the college. In some universities, the B.P.Ed programme lasts three years, whereas, in others, it lasts four years.
Aside from a bachelor’s degree in physical education, there are various undergraduate courses in physical education. It consists of a bachelor’s degree in physical education, a bachelor’s degree in physical education, a bachelor’s degree in physical education, and a diploma in physical education.
Applicants can apply for BPEd admission on a merit basis (grades in Class 12 or graduation) or through an entrance exam since some schools provide admission on the basis of merit (grades in Class 12 or graduation) while others hold entrance exams.
The BPEd eligibility standards differ depending on whether the course is three to four years long or one to two years long. Aspirants should have a Class 12 pass in any subject from a recognised board for a three to four-year BPEd programme, and a graduate degree from a recognised university/college for a one to two-year programme.
The typical starting pay for B.P.Ed. graduates is between Rs. 250,000 and Rs. 500,000.