UPCET MCA admission 2022 – UPCET stands for Uttar Pradesh combined entrance test is a state-level entrance exam which is conducted by NTA (National Testing Agency). The purpose of this exam is to offered admission in the MCA course at the Universities of Uttar Pradesh such as AKTU, MMMUT, HBTU. If the aspirants want to take admission in the MCA course at a university in UP, then this article is for them.
What is UPCET MCA admission?
UPCET is an entrance exam and the full form of UPCET is Uttar Pradesh Combined Entrance Test. Before 2021, UPSEE or MET conducted separate entrance exams to provide admission but now, they offered admission through UPCET which is conducted by NTA. UPCET offered various undergraduate and postgraduate courses but in this article, we will discuss only MCA which is a postgraduate course. The MCA course is offered by the AKTU and MMMUT, not by HBTU. The duration of the MCA course at AKTU and MMMUT is 2 years. The following abbreviations are used throughout the article.
- UPCET – Uttar Pradesh combined entrance test
- NTA – NAtional Testing Agency
- AKTU – Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam Technical University
- MCA – Master of Computer Application
- MMMUT – Madan Mohan Malaviya University of Technology
- HBTU – Harcourt Butlar Technical University
UPCET MCA admission 2022 Important Links
Here is given below all UPCET MCA admission Important Links for the better convenience of aspirants.
|official website for exam||Click Here|
|Information Bulletin||Click Here|
|Apply Now||Click Here|
|Login Portal||Click Here|
|For Counselling & Admission||Click Here|
|Help desk for exam||Click Here|
|Help desk for admission||Click Here|
UPCET MCA admission 2022 Important Dates
Here is given below UPCET MCA admission schedule 2022, Aspirants have to Proceed accordingly.
|Application Started||March 2022|
|Last date to fill||April 2022|
|Admit card released||May 2022|
|Exam Date||May 2022|
|Result declared||June 2022|
UPCET MCA admission 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Before filling out the UPCET form, Read and fulfil the following requirements.
- Aspirants must have done their graduation with BCA, B.Sc.,B.A.,B.Com of three years minimum duration form any recognised university.
- They have studied Mathematics at 10+2 or at graduation level.
- They have a minimum of 50% (45% in case of aspirants belong to SC/ST Category) marks in aggregate.
UPCET MCA admission 2022 Exam Pattern
Here is given below the UPCET MCA admission Exam Pattern so that aspirants become familiar with the pattern.
- The exam will be held online on computer at exam center.
- MCQs questions will be asked in the exam.
- There will be no negative marking in the UPCET Exam for MCA.
- Aspirants will be awarded 04 marks for every correct option.
- There will be total of 100 questions asked in the exam.
- The entire paper will be of 400 marks.
- The duration of exam will be 02 hours or 120 minutes.
- The timing of this exam will be 12:00 noon to 02:00 pm.
The following table represents the sections and no. of questions.
|S. No.||Section||No. of Questions|
|1.||Numerical Ability and Analytical Aptitude||25|
|2.||Reasoning and logical deduction||25|
UPCET MCA admission 2022 Syllabus
The syllabus of UPCET MCA is quite similar to the other MCA entrance exam. The level of questions will be easy to moderate and based on the level of graduation. The following are the detailed syllabus of UPCET MCA.
The numerical calculation, arithmetic, simple algebra, geometry and trigonometry, Interpretation of graphs, charts and tables.
- Arithmetical questions up to 10th standard
- Calculation of fraction, percentages, square roots etc.
- Profit & Loss and Interest calculations
- Data/Table analysis, Graph & Bar Diagram and Pie Chart analysis
- Questions related to common use of science (Physics & Chemistry)
- Health & Nutrition
Reasoning and logical deduction
Thinking and Decision Making: Creative thinking, unfamiliar relationships, verbal reasoning, finding patterns trends and Assessment of figures & diagrams.
- Geometrical designs & Identification
- Selection of related letters / words / numbers /figures
- Identification of odd thing / item out from a group
- Completion of numerical series based on the pattern /logic
- Fill in the blanks of the series based on the numerical pattern and logic of the series
- Syllogisms (logic based questions), Identification of logic & selection of correct answers based on the logic
- Set Theory: Concept of sets – Union, Intersection, Cardinality, Elementary counting; permutations and combinations.
- Probability and Statistics: Basic concepts of probability theory, Averages, Dependent and independent events, frequency distributions, measures of central tendencies and dispersions.
- Algebra: Fundamental operations in algebra, expansions, factorization, simultaneous linear /quadratic equations, indices, logarithms, arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, determinants and matrices.
- Coordinate Geometry: Rectangular Cartesian coordinates, distance formulae, equation of a line, and intersection of lines, pair of straight lines, equations of a circle, parabola, ellipse and hyperbola.
- Calculus: Limit of functions, continuous function, differentiation of function, tangents and normals, simple examples of maxima and minima. Integration of functions by parts, by substitution and by partial fraction, definite integrals, applications of definite integrals to areas.
- Vectors: Position vector, addition and subtraction of vectors, scalar and vector products and their applications to simple geometrical problems and mechanics.
- Trigonometry: Simple identities, trigonometric equations, properties of triangles, solution of triangles, heights and distances, general solutions of trigonometric equations.
- Computer Basics: Organization of a computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), structure of instructions in CPU, input/output devices, computer memory, and back-up devices.
- Data Representation: Representation of characters, integers and fractions, binary and hexadecimal representations, binary arithmetic: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, simple arithmetic and two’s complement arithmetic, floating point representation of numbers, Boolean algebra, truth tables, Venn diagrams.
UPCET MCA admission 2022 Preparation Tips and Books
The following are useful tips for those who prepare for UPCET MCA Entrance Exam.
- Start revising as soon as possible.
- Make a study schedule for yourself.
- Recognize the structure and topic of your examinations.
- As much as necessary, solve previous year’s papers
JNU MCA Preparation Books
The following are the name and publishers of the best book for JNU MCA entrance preparation.
|Section||Books & Author’s||Link|
|Numerical Ability and Analytical Aptitude||Quantitative Aptitude by R.S. Aggarwal||Click Here|
|Mathematics||NCERT Class 11th
R.D. Sharma Vol – 1 & Vol – 1
|Computer Science||Computer Fundamentals||Click Here|
|Reasoning & Logical deduction||Logical Reasoning of R.S. Aggarwal||Click Here|
|All Sections in single||MCA Entrance by Arihant Publication||Click Here|
UPCET MCA admission 2022 Admission Procedure
The UPCET entrance Exam is used to get admission to the Master of Computer Applications (MCA) programme at various affiliated colleges of AKTU and MMMUT. The conducting authority of the UPCET exam is NTA. First, Fill out the application form and then download the admit card. then the result will be declared and final admission will be done through counselling.
UPCET MCA admission 2022 Application Form
Aspirants must go to the UPCET MCA official website to fill out the application form. After browsing the official website, they will notice UPCET 2022 Online Registration Form displayed at the bottom. They must choose it by clicking on it. They must next fill up their personal information as well as certain qualification information. Aspirants must next upload their photograph and other required documents, after which they will be able to make an online payment. This application form and their registration are both finished when the fees are paid.
The following are the category-wise fees of UPCET.
|Males/ Third Gender / General /OBC Category/ GEN-EWS||Rs. 1,300/-|
|Females / Scheduled castes / Scheduled tribes / PwD candidates of all categories||Rs. 650/-|
UPCET MCA admission 2022 Admit Card
If candidates satisfy the qualifying conditions and complete the application form, they will be granted a provisional Admit Card. The concerned authorities will release the UPCET (MCA) 2022 Hall Ticket when the application window closes. The National Testing Agency’s official website is where all applicants can get their UPCET MCA 2022 Admit card. If you don’t have your admit card, you won’t be able to take the exam.
UPCET MCA admission 2022 Result
The results will be released by the National Testing Agency (NTA) one or two weeks after the examination. By entering their application number, password on the official website, candidates will be able to check and obtain their results. The individual’s UPCET MCA result website will display the marks earned in the entrance test as well as the passing or failing status.
UPCET MCA admission 2022 Counselling
The merit list will be published by the NTA based on the marks earned by candidates in the examination. It will contain information about the grades received and the admission exam rank. Those whose names appear on the merit list will be invited to participate in the counselling session. The AKTU will conduct UPCET MCA admissions counselling in 2022 based on the NTA-released UPCET merit list. Aspirants must provide genuine documents demonstrating their educational minimum qualification as well as a national identity card.
UPCET MCA admission 2022 Cut Off
The following are the expected cutoff of UPCET MCA.
|Category||Cutoff Marks for Top Colleges||Cutoff marks for participating in counselling|
UPCET MCA admission 2022 Participating Universities
There are approx 800 colleges that accept the scorecard of UPCET. This list of colleges/universities that participate in the UPCET and provide admission to the MCA programme is provided below.
- Bundelkhandi University, Jhansi
- Ambedkar University, Agra
- Sir Chhotu Ram Institute of Engineering & Technology, Meerut
- Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Rohilkhand University, Bareilly
- VBS Purvanchal University, Jaunpur
- MG Kashi Vidyapith University, Varanasi
- Dr RML Avadh University, Faizabad
- Chhatrapati ShivaJi Maharaj University, Kanpur
- Madan Mohan Malaviya University of Technology, Gorakhpur
- Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow
UPCET MCA admission 2022 Contact details
For every Query regarding UPCET MCA admission 2022, Either you can contact to UPCET MCA admission Help desk which is given below, or ask us through the comment.
- E-Mail: [email protected]
Frequently Asked Questions
The duration of the UPCET Exam will be 02 hours and the timing will be 12:00 noon to 02:00 pm
You have to visit the official website and registered yourself by proving the required details.
No, there is no negative marking in the UPCET MCA entrance exam.
General and OBC candidates have to pay Rs. 1,300/- whereas female and SC/ST category candidates have to pay Rs. 650/-.
Aspirants must be passed graduation with a minimum of 50% (45% for SC/ST) and studied mathematics at 10+2 level or graduation level.