M.E. (Master of Engineering) – A master’s degree in engineering is a postgraduate programme that lasts 1-2 years and consists of four semesters. Aspirants who have completed a bachelor’s degree in engineering can continue their education with a master’s degree in engineering. An aspirant will receive professional training and theoretical expertise in advanced engineering topics through this course.
Graduates can pick their Masters in Engineering course stream based on the stream they choose at the undergraduate level. Admission to the Masters in Engineering programme is available by either an entrance test or direct admission. A bachelor’s degree in engineering from a recognised institute is the minimum requirement for the ME programme.
Master of Engineering Courses
A master’s degree in engineering is a two-year postgraduate programme that focuses on engineering and technology. This area, of course, encompasses a wide range of specialities. The training is useful enough that upon completion, it offers up a wide range of work opportunities. Almost every college in the United States offers it.
Students can use the specialities to create a meaningful career path for themselves. These specialities also enable students to have a thorough understanding of a particular topic.
- ME in Nanotechnology Engineering
- ME in Aerospace Engineering
- ME in Environmental Engineering
- ME in Material Science Engineering
- ME in Agricultural Engineering
- ME in Print Technology and Engineering
- ME in Industrial Engineering
- ME in Systems Engineering
- ME in Manufacturing Engineering
- ME in Petroleum Engineering
- ME in Geological Engineering
Why Choose M.E. (Master of Engineering)?
The following are the benefits to pursue a Master of Engineering.
- Engineering is one of the most well-known and respected fields in the world, with a variety of quick-witted work prospects.
- This program focuses on practical knowledge while also helping students acquire technical abilities, a positive attitude toward problem-solving, and teamwork abilities.
- Aspirants who complete the Master of Engineering programme have the opportunity to work with international firms such as Google, Tesla, Amazon, and others, as well as Indian veteran companies such as Flipkart, Ola, and others.
- This training also provides competent applicants with high-paying positions in the government and commercial sectors.
M.E. (Master of Engineering) Course Eligibility Criteria
The following are the qualifying requirements that students must meet in order to be considered for admission to the Masters in Engineering programme.
- The aspirant must have a bachelor’s degree in engineering or a comparable degree from a UGC or other recognised institution.
- The aspirant must have received a minimum of 55 per cent in all of the topics combined in the qualifying test.
- The student must have completed a 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as primary subjects and one optional course from Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, or Computer Science as an alternative.
- Some institutes may also administer their own entrance exam, or PI, to determine whether or not candidates are eligible for admission.
M.E. (Master of Engineering) Courses Admission Process
Admission to a Masters in Engineering programme is determined by the kind of institute. While some institutes may run their own entrance exams to evaluate aspirants, certain colleges may accept aspirants based on their performance in the qualifying exam.
- The merit of candidates is considered during the first admission process based on the documentation given by the candidate at the time of application.
- If the aspirants meet the admissions requirements, they will be required to take a written test, followed by an interview round.
- If the student qualifies based on their total score in the written exam and interview round, they will be invited to the counselling round.
- Admission to a ME course in a certain institution will also be determined by the number of seats available, the student’s grades, and the college’s reservation policy.
- The shortlisted applicants can pay the admission fee to confirm their spot for admission after the counselling stage.
M.E. (Master of Engineering) Entrance Exams
Aspirants are required to take a variety of admission tests at the national, state, and college levels. These entrance tests play a significant influence in institutions’ ultimate decision-making when it comes to admitting students. A few examples of such entrance tests are as follows.
M.E. (Master of Engineering) Course Preparation Tips
Students must prepare for the course and tests when taking a ME programme. The following are some of the most important guidelines for students to remember.
- Learn the Fundamentals – Knowing the fundamentals creates a firm basis for any course of study. This makes it simple for any candidate to begin the course.
- Reference books – Because speech and audiology is such broad subject with so many facets, it is vital to refer to appropriate literature for the course.
- Start early – Candidates should begin studying for admission tests as soon as possible, as well as learning the topics and modules of the course as soon as possible.
M.E. (Master of Engineering) Course Fee structure
The charges of a master’s degree in engineering are determined by a number of factors. For example, institutions with a higher rating will charge a greater fee than colleges with a lower ranking. Similarly, candidates who pass an entrance exam will pay lower tuition than aspirants who enrol in the program without taking an entrance exam. The cost of a Masters in Engineering programme typically varies from $10,000 to $25,000 each year.
M.E. (Master of Engineering) Syllabus
The Master of Engineering degree is a two-year postgraduate programme with four semesters. Master of Engineering is the full name of this program. This program encompasses a wide range of specialities. These specialities allow aspirants to learn in great depth and detail about certain topics and themes.
The programme includes both mandatory and optional studies. The core subjects are those that are deemed to be necessary for creating the course’s basis. Electives are topics chosen depending on a student’s speciality, and they help to make the core flexible and diversified. The syllabus is different according to its specialisation or subject.
M.E. (Master of Engineering) Higher Studies
Aspirants can pursue further education to continue their education and enhance their education after successfully completing the ME programme. Some of the most popular higher education alternatives for aspirants are listed below:
M.E. (Master of Engineering) Job Profiles
Aspirants are invited to apply for the following positions.
- Project Manager
- Software Engineer
- Design Engineer
- Manufacturing Manager
- Technical Writer (Machines)
- Sr. Engineer/Engineer
- Assistant Professor
- Mechanical & Agriculture Engineering
- Sales Engineer
- Section Header
- Lecturer (Assistant. Professor)
M.E. (Master of Engineering) Top Recruiters
The following are the recruiters for all those who are completing their M.E. (Master of Engineering).
- HCL Technologies Ltd.
- Tata Motors
- Robert Bosch
- Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.
- Tata Consultancy Services Limited
- General Electric Co (GE)
- L&T Limited
- Honeywell Technology Solutions Inc
M.E. (Master of Engineering) Salary
Salary for ME employment is not set in stone and is subject to a number of variables and considerations. The remuneration for ME employment in India is determined by criteria such as location, speciality, and classification. In India, the typical ME salary is between INR 5 and 8 LPA.
M.E. (Master of Engineering) colleges
There are several institutions in India that offer state-of-the-art education and amenities to students interested in getting a ME degree. The following are some of India’s finest ME colleges.
|Name of the College
|Birla Institute of Science and Technology, Pilani
|Punjab Engineering College
|College of Engineering, Pune
Frequently Asked Questions
M.E. stands for Master of Engineering.
The duration of a master of engineering is 2 years or 24 months and this course is divided into 4 semesters.
No, there is no age limit for admission.
The top job profiles for M.E. Graduates are Structural Engineer, Software Developer, Software Engineer, etc.
The average salary package for M.E. graduates varies from 4 LPA to 6 LPA.