DMLT – The two-year introductory DMLT Programme teaches students how to inspect, assess, and recognise various disorders. Aspirants can apply for the DMLT programme if they have passed their class 12th grade with at least a 50% grade point average. The training provides a thorough overview of the healthcare system as well as significant features of human fluids such as blood samples, & other specimens like pericardial & pericardial fluid. DMLT does not require a single entrance examination for admission. Dedicated institutions conducted their own admissions screening tests to admit test takers.
What is DMLT?
The two-year DMLT (Diploma in Medical Lab Technology) programme is offered in India. This programme is intended to help students satisfy their obligations for laboratory investigation, treatment, & prevention. The programme provides applicants with the knowledge and abilities needed to operate lab equipment and carry out precise pathological tests. Additionally, a lab technician is responsible for administrative tasks such as reporting & documenting test findings from lab work, keeping correct clinical records, choosing and assessing new test methodologies, and more.
The study of numerous diseases and their diagnosis for effective treatment have been made possible by the discipline of medical laboratory technology. Any proficient technician must have a thorough understanding of general pathology, biochemistry, & haematology. Therefore, laboratory science is a crucial subject of study for medical laboratory technicians in the continually expanding field of scientific knowledge and abilities.
Why Choose a Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology?
Would you be interested in working in the paramedical sciences? If so, the DMLT Course is one of your finest options. A vital aspect of the healthcare system that aids in the diagnosis & treatment of illnesses is medical laboratory technology (MLT). Medical laboratory technologists and technicians play a crucial part in the healthcare systems, despite the fact that they operate behind the scenes. With so many students choosing this path, there are many career descriptions that will match your acquired abilities in the rapidly expanding industry of health care.
DMLT Course Eligibility Criteria
You must be eligible for the DMLT programme in order to enrol in it. Some of the key requirements for eligibility to enrol in the DLMT Course are listed below:
- The applicant must have finished Class 12 from an accredited institution (however some universities may admit students who have passed Class 10 with a minimum of 50% in the boards).
- The candidate ought to have a scientific background.
- A minimum of 50% in the scientific areas of physics, chemistry, and biology is necessary.
- SC/ST aspirants must have 45% of the requisite marks.
DMLT Courses Admission Process
Direct & merit-based admission is the procedure for the DMLT programme. The following procedure for DMLT admission is available for students to review:
- The merit list and the grades received in the 12th board exams are also taken into consideration for DMLT admission. Some universities, like St. John’s University and Aligarh Muslim University, base admission decisions on the entrance test results.
- You can submit the application online and offline at the college.
- Visit the official website of the school, go to the admissions page, and fill out the relevant paperwork, including your name, address, a list of your grades, any other information needed, and the number of registration costs the school is requesting.
- Aspirants must visit the university website to register for the admission entrance examination, pay the registration charges, and provide all required documentation.
- After seeing the campus, applicants must get in touch with the college’s admissions office and submit an application.
- The DMLT programme requires a minimum qualification of 10+2 with a 45–50% aggregate and PCM/PCB as a mandatory subject.
- After the tenth grade, DMLT is accessible at several institutions.
- Other institutions, on the other hand, employ standardised assessments to admit students to their curricula.
- The rules for DMLT admissions differ from school to school. Visit the institute’s official website if you wish to apply to that particular institute.
DMLT Entrance Exams
For the admissions process, several schools and institutions that offer DMLT courses demand an entrance exam. Candidates can also take the DMLT admission exams by registering for the best medical examinations. Some colleges require the national eligibility criteria entrance examination (NEET), while others have their own entrance exam. Top DMLT entry examinations include the following:
|DMLT Entrance Exams||For more details|
|INI CET||Click Here|
DMLT Course Fee Structure
The top colleges in India that offer a DMLT programme are listed below. Although the cost varies from institution to college, the range of fees is thought to be from Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 1 lakh.
|University of Mumbai||Rs. 60,000- 90,000|
|ITM- Institute of Health Sciences||Rs. 60,000|
|Premlila Vithaldas Polytechnic (PVP)||Rs. 34,550|
|Delhi Institute of Technology and Paramedical Sciences||Rs. 80,000|
|Delhi Paramedical And Management Institute (DPMI)||Rs. 1,60,000|
|Rajiv Gandhi Paramedical Institute||Rs. 90,000|
|Dinabandhu Andrews Institute of Technology and Management||Rs. 2,49,000|
|Institute of Post-Graduate Medical Education and Research||Rs. 30,000|
|JIS University||Rs. 2,47,000|
Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology Syllabus
The following are the common topics of DMLT.
|First Semester||Second Semester|
|Anatomy of a Human||Physiology of Man|
|Clinical Biochemistry Fundamentals||Biochemistry Fundamentals|
|Human Science Fundamentals||Technology of Information and Communication|
|Communication in English||Community Improvement|
|Third Semester||Fourth Semester|
|Human Physiology II||Techniques of Histopathology|
|Technical and Metabolic Biochemistry||Pathology Laboratory|
|Microbiology (Technical)||Microbiology in Clinical Practice|
|Activities for Community Development II||Pathology in Clinical Practice|
After passing, candidates can work under competent supervision assisting doctors in collecting samples, centrifuging, creating slides, utilising certain stains, etc. In addition to research labs, they have a wide range of applications in the fields of molecular diagnostics, & in vitro fertilisation laboratories. Additionally, they can take on administrative responsibilities like reporting and documenting test results from lab work, keeping accurate clinical records, choosing and analysing new test methodologies, and other tasks as assigned by the lab supervisor.
DMLT Higher Studies
The following are the higher studies option after DMLT.
- BA in Medical Laboratory Technology
- M.Sc in Medical Imaging Technology
- M.Sc in Medical Laboratory Technology
- Postgraduate course Diploma in Laboratory Services
- Certificate course in Anaesthesia Technology
DMLT Job Profiles
The following is the Job Profiles option after DMLT.
- Medical Technician
- Medical Technologist
- Healthcare Administrator
- Laboratory Manager
- Medical Officer
- Laboratory Testing Manager
DMLT Employment Areas
The following are the employment areas that the candidates can join after D.M.L.T.
- Nursing Homes
The following is the recruiter that hires DMLT candidates.
- Lab Tech
- Apollo Hospitals
- Pathcare Labs
- House of Diagnostics
DMLT as a vocation provides prospective graduates eager to enter the medical and related sciences industry with excellent earning potential. However, a student’s pay would be based on a number of things, including their knowledge, skills, talents, competency, and experience compared to other candidates on the job market. The table below shows the typical pay for a few D.M.L.T. employment positions.
|Job Positions||Average Salary (per month)|
|Health Care assistant||Rs. 28,000/-|
|Laboratory Analyst||Rs. 15,000/-|
|Research Assistant||Rs. 25,000/-|
|Medical Technician||Rs. 17,500/-|
|Laboratory Technologist||Rs. 17,000/-|
Here is given below the list of Some reputed colleges and universities to pursue D.M.L.T. courses.
|SI.No||Lists of Colleges|
|1||Jaipur National University, Jaipur|
|2||Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh|
|3||Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore|
|4||Madras Christian College, Chennai|
|5||Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Pharmacy, Chandigarh|
|6||Sharda University, Noida|
|7||Integral University, Lucknow|
|8||IES University, Bhopal|
|9||Rajiv Gandhi Paramedical Institute, Delhi|
|10||Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Ajmer|