Diploma in Electrical Engineering – Are you ready to go on an electrifying adventure that will ignite your creativity and drive you to an exciting career? Look no further than an Electrical Engineering Diploma! Electrical engineering, being the backbone of contemporary civilization, plays a critical role in defining the world we live in. In this post, we’ll go into the fascinating world of electrical engineering, diving into the dynamic curriculum, numerous job prospects, and the electrifying effect a diploma in this profession can have. Prepare to have your road to success illuminated as we explore the thrilling realm of electrical engineering!
What is Diploma in Electrical Engineering?
A three-year diploma programme in electrical engineering teaches students how to use electromagnetic, electronics, and electricity. It belongs to the research area of engineering. After finishing Class 10, candidates who are interested in technology and curious about how devices and machinery operate can enrol in this course. Admission to this diploma engineering programme is either made on the basis of merit or by entrance tests like the Delhi CET, BCECE, etc. Transducers, Signal Conditioners, Circuits, Electrical Circuit Theory, and other topics are covered in the curriculum for DEE.
Aspirants may also take this course in person, via the Internet, or through distance learning. Applicants can launch their careers early and land employment as Electric Designer Engineers, Junior Engineers, CAD Engineers, etc. after completing this diploma curriculum. If they are currently employed, obtaining a diploma will allow them to specialise in their subject, which will enable them to advance in their position. In India, there are several prestigious colleges offering diploma programmes in electrical engineering, including Jamia Millia Islamia University, Central Polytechnic College, etc.
Why Choose a Diploma in Electrical Engineering?
Diploma in Electrical Engineering’s initial course structure focused on generation, transmission, & storage. The course format currently places a strong emphasis on how electricity is used in a variety of contexts due to growing requirements and technological breakthroughs. Electronics and its applications are now included in the field. A certificate programme in Electrical Engineering takes roughly two years to complete. The entire course is broken up into 4 semesters, each of which lasts for six months. The academic curriculum for an electrical engineering diploma is designed to prepare you for a variety of topics, including electrical machines, motors, electrical appliances, electromagnetism, circuit network, generators, signal processors, etc. Additionally, pursuing a Diploma + B.Tech degree is a possibility in this profession.
Diploma in Electrical Engineering Course Eligibility Criteria
To take admitted to Diploma in Electrical Engineering programme, candidates need to fulfil the following requirements.
- Candidates must receive at least 50% of the total possible points in their class 10 board exams from an accredited state or central board of education.
- Additionally, students need to have taken science and mathematics with a minimum of 50% in each subject.
- Applicants in the reserved category must show their certificates of reservation, which are provided by the appropriate authorities.
- An applicant must pass the entrance test in order to be admitted to one of the colleges or universities that use common entrance examinations to accept students.
Diploma in Electrical Engineering After 10th
- The electrical engineering diploma is a subject that mainly focuses on real-world application concepts.
- Electrical engineering is a subfield of engineering that specialises in the study of electrical power generation, equipment, and design.
- Electrical engineers make up a sizable portion of the educated and skilled labour force that the bulk of industrial enterprises utilise today.
Diploma in Electrical Engineering After 12th
- Most organisations and universities offer electrical engineering diploma programmes after the 12th grade. After passing the admissions examinations, you can submit an application for the course.
- The student needs to pass the admission exam with the requisite grade.
- After the exam, a list with the names of all those who passed the admissions test will be made public.
Diploma in Electrical Engineering Courses Admission Process
The majority of applicants for the Diploma in Electrical Engineering are chosen on the basis of their performance in the Class 10 Board Exam. Many institutions offer an electrical engineering diploma both after the 12th grade and after the 10th. Assam Polytechnic is one of the colleges that accept students based on admission tests.
- The majority of the admissions for the Diploma in Electrical Engineering are made on the basis of merit, as determined by the results of the Class 10th board exams.
- Many colleges and institutions offer an electrical engineering diploma both after the 12th grade and after the 10th grade.
Entrance Based Admission
- To be accepted into a reputable institution or university, applicants must get the required marks.
- A merit list of the applicants who successfully completed the entrance exam will be released following the test.
- The student must enrol in the college or university for the academic year by registering on their own after completing the final admissions procedure and paying tuition.
Diploma in Electrical Engineering Entrance Exams
Entrance tests are required for admission in order to enrol in one of India’s top 10 institutions for a DEE programme. The short-listed applicants must show up for an interview based on how well they performed on the qualifying written exam. The following are the most popular tests for which most applicants register.
|Entrance Exam||Exam Dates|
|Delhi CET||Click Here|
|HP PAT||Click Here|
|Assam PAT||Click Here|
Diploma in Electrical Engineering Course Fee Structure
According to the college or university and the amenities it offers, the fee of a DEE course might range from Rs. 10,000 to 50,000 per annum. In comparison to degree programmes, this program’s costs are relatively lower. Candidates may select their college based on their available money. The costs for various universities offering the diploma in electrical engineering are listed below for candidates to review.
|KJ Somaiya Polytechnic, Maharashtra Course Fees||Rs 35,679|
|Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi Course Fees||Rs. 26,910|
|Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute, Mumbai, Course Fees||Rs. 34,679|
|Baba Saheb Ambedkar Education Society, New Delhi, Course Fees||Rs. 1,15,000|
|Swami Vivekananda Institute of Science and Technology, Kolkata, Course Fees||Rs 47,600|
|Don Bosco Polytechnic College, Chennai, Course Fees||Rs. 1,05,000|
|St. Peter’s Engineering College, Hyderabad, Course Fees||Rs. 46,500|
|Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology, Bangalore, Course Fees||Rs. 31,500|
|Brainware University, Kolkata, Course Fees||Rs. 1,30,000|
|Bharati Vidyapeeth’s Jawaharlal Nehru, Institute of Technology Polytechnic, Pune, Course Fees||Rs. 2,10,000|
Diploma in Electrical Engineering Syllabus
The following is a list of the disciplines included in the curriculum for the DEE course.
|SEMESTER 1||SEMESTER 2|
|Communication English I||Communication English II|
|Engineering Mathematics I||Engineering Mathematics II|
|Engineering Physics I||Applied Mathematics|
|Engineering Chemistry I||Engineering Physics II|
|Engineering Graphics I||Engineering Graphics II|
|Engineering Physics I (Practical)||Engineering Physics II (Practical)|
|Engineering Chemistry I (Practical)||Engineering Chemistry II (Practical)|
|SEMESTER 3||SEMESTER 4|
|Electrical Circuit Theory||Electric Machines-II|
|Electrical Machines-I||Measurements and Instruments|
|Electronic Devices and Circuits||Digital Electronics|
|Electrical Circuits and Machines (Practical)||Transducers and Signal Conditioners|
|Electronic Devices and Circuits (Practical)||Electrical Machines and Instrumentation (Practical)|
|Computer Applications||Digital Electronics & Linear Integrated Circuits (Practical)|
|SEMESTER 5||SEMESTER 6|
|Power System-I||Power System-II|
|MicroController||Electrical Estimation and Energy Auditing|
|Special Electrical Machines||Elective Theory-II|
|Elective Theory-I||Elective Practical-II|
|Programmable Logic Controller||Computer Hardware and Networks|
Diploma in Electrical Engineering Scope
Engineering is a highly respected profession in India. Indian students choose engineering as a career path frequently. The most popular engineering courses in India are electrical engineering. Numerous prestigious engineering schools provide the DEE to qualified individuals.
Diploma in Electrical Engineering Higher Studies
The initial stage in developing a career in this industry might be thought of as earning a DEE. You can engage in a B.Tech programme in electrical engineering after earning your diploma to receive additional perks. You will be given a straight entrance into the second year of the B.Tech programme in this scenario. These specialisations include, among others:
- Advanced Electronics
- Fiber Optics
- Power Engineering
- Signal and Image Processing
Aspirants can enrol in an advanced programme like a PhD once they have earned their Master’s degree or Post-Graduate DEE. If management is your area of interest after graduation, you can choose it as well.
Diploma in Electrical Engineering Job Profiles
- Electrical Product Design Engineer post
- Operations Manager post
- Engineering Technologist post
- Development and Test Engineer post
- Chief Engineer post
- Workshop Manager post
- Project Manager post
- You can work as a consultant
- Project Head post
- Quality Assurance Officer
- Junior Engineer
- Junior Electrical Engineers
- Technical Trainer
- Electrical distribution designer
- CAD Engineer
- Field Engineer
Diploma in Electrical Engineering Recruiters
- Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd
- Tata Steel & Power Limited
- Jindal Steel & Power Limited
- Hindustan Motor
- State Electricity Board
- TRF Ltd
- Tata Metaliks
- Bhushan Steel
- Tata Motors
- ALSTOM India Power project
- Durgapur steel plant
- OMEGA Elevator
- CONE Elevator
- Everest Industry
- ZENITH Construction etc
- L&T Construction and STEEL
- Jay Balaji Steel
Diploma in Electrical Engineering Salary
Candidates with electrical engineering diplomas are compensated highly both domestically and overseas. In India, DEE average pay is between Rs. 80,000 to Rs. 4.5 LPA. The wage is determined by a number of variables, including the candidate’s qualifications, abilities, and experience as well as the employer, industry, and many other considerations. Candidates can review the income information for a DEE, broken down by post.
|Job Profile||Average Annual Salary|
|Electric Designer Engineer||Rs. 1,40,000 to Rs. 1,95,000|
|Junior Engineer||Rs. 1,42,000 to Rs. 1,80,000|
|Technical Trainer||Rs. 1,50,000 to Rs. 1,92,000|
|CAD Engineer||Rs. 1,65,000 to Rs. 2,22,000|
|Field Engineer||Rs. 1,55,000 to Rs. 1,75,000|
Diploma in Electrical Engineering colleges
Here is given below the list of Some reputed colleges and universities to pursue DEE courses.
- PSB Academy, Singapore
- Centennial College, Canada
- KDU Penang University College, Malaysia
- Asia Pacific University of Technology and Innovations (APU), Malaysia
- Fanshawe College, Canada
- Universiti Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Georgian College, Canada
- Algonquin College, Canada
- Southern Institute of Technology, New Zealand
- Niagara College, Canada
- Wintec, New Zealand
- St. Claire College, Canada