Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2023 – Families, particularly those in rural regions, are continually urged to send their girls to school as part of the GOI (Government of India) programme of “education for all.” The overriding objective of women’s empowerment includes the significance of educating young girls. The Indira Gandhi Single Female Child Scholarship, created and administered by University Grants Education (UGC), is dedicated to giving single female children in their families financial support for postgraduate coursework. Let’s learn more about this scholarship, which was established to support women’s empowerment and female education in India.
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship Scheme
In India, it is crucial to encourage girls because of their disadvantage owing to poverty as well as the discrimination they experience from culture or their parents. Every year, the government of India offers the IGSGCS (Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship), which benefits over 3,000 girls from all throughout the nation. For a total of two years, the girls will be eligible to receive 3,100 Rupees per month. They will receive this funding in order to complete their education.
In order to raise awareness about girl education in India, UGC developed this programme in response to the low competitive literacy rate among girls (which stands at 65.4% compared to an 80% illiteracy rate for boys). The two goals of this plan are as follows:
- Supporting a family’s lone girl kid financially so she can enrol in a postgraduate programme
- Understand the critical importance of a modest family structure.
Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2023 Important Links
The following table contains all the required links of IG PG single girl child scheme.
|Official Website||Click Here|
|Apply Link||Click Here|
|Contact Details||Click Here|
IG PG Single Girl Child Scheme 2023 Important Dates
The following are the important dates of Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship.
|Beginning of the application process||August 2023|
|Last date to apply||December 2023|
|Last date for defect verification||January 2024|
|Last date for institute verification||January 2024|
Indira Gandhi PG Scholarship 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must be female students enrolled in recognised institutions in order to be considered for this UGC scholarship. The eligibility requirements for the Indira Gandhi Single Girl Scholarship are described in further detail below.
- Candidates must be accepted into a specified university or postgraduate college’s standard, first-year master’s degree programme.
- Aspirants who are girls must be the only child of their parents. Although girls who are twin daughters are also eligible.
- During admission to the PG course, applicants must not be older than 30.
- Candidates accepted into a postgraduate programme via distance education are ineligible for this scholarship.
- Students also do not need to meet any income requirements to be eligible for this award.
How to Fill Application Form for Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scheme?
Due to its online nature, the entire scholarship application procedure is quick and uncomplicated. Through the recognised National Scholarship Portal website, candidates may apply for this Scholarship. Fill out IG Single Girl Child Scholarship application by following the directions noted below.
- Candidates submitting their first applications through the National Scholarship Portal must sign up with NSP as a new users.
- To register, complete the form to the best of your ability and click “Register.” On the registered mobile number, an application ID and password for students are generated.
- The newly created ID and password must be used by the female applicants to sign in to NSP.
- The applicants must provide all required information, including registration information, academic information, basic information, contact information, and scheme information.
- The candidates must upload all of the necessary proofs of identification and academic qualifications.
- Now that the application form has been completed, a draught copy must be saved so that the applicant can review it and double-check all of the information to make sure it is accurate.
- The applicant must next complete & submit the form by clicking the ‘Submit’ button.
Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2023 Document Required
When submitting an application for the Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship, some documents must be uploaded. Among the significant ones are:
- Scanned Copy of the Aadhaar card
- Passport Size photograph
- Self-attested Copy of Previous Academic Marksheets
- Fee Receipt
- Affidavit affirming single child status as per format given in Annexure II.
- Joining report as per the prescribed format in Annexure-I.
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship 2023 – Terms and Conditions
If candidates want to take advantage of this UGC scholarship, they must adhere to a few rules and regulations. Below are some guidelines for this scholarship for women that are highlighted.
- The only applicants who qualify must be enrolled in a PG programme in their first year.
- Applicants are not eligible for any additional grants to cover things like hostel fees, medical expenses, etc.
- The grantees of this scholarship for a single girl child are not required to pay any tuition at the host institutions.
- After receiving the scholarship money for a full year, the candidates must submit their Report in the required format to the authorised bank (Canara Bank), on the basis of which the grant for the following school year is released to the recipients. The department head must all properly sign this report.
- Candidates should be aware that if they stop their studies without giving UGC advance notice, they must reimburse the entire fee by e-mode (RTGS/NEFT) and deposit it into the UGC account.
- The recipients of this scholarship are not prohibited from receiving any further awards.
PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship Amount
3000 PG Indira Gandhi Scholarships will be given out annually by the Commission to deserving candidates who have just one eligible girl child. There will be complete coverage for 02 years, not just one because only first-year candidates are eligible for this grant.
UGC would give the qualified applicant Rs. 36,200 each year to cover the cost of the 2-year PG course’s tuition. The payment would be made in the form of a 3100 rupee monthly expenditure. Through Direct Bank Transfer or DBT, it will be immediately transferred to the chosen applicant’s bank account. No further costs, including those of the hostel or even prescription drugs, will be reimbursed by this scholarship. Only the chosen sum will unquestionably be given. The sum will be given beginning with the date of enrollment in the school.
PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship Helpdesk
Candidates may get in touch with the National Scholarship Portal’s administrators if they have any questions about the same.
|Phone Number||0120 – 6619540|
|Mail Support||[email protected]|
|Official National Scholarships Portal or NSP||scholarships.gov.in|
|Official University Grants Commission webpage for scholarship||sgc.ugc.ac.in|