BVA (Bachelor of Visual Arts) – A bachelor’s degree in visual arts (BVA) is a four-year undergraduate degree in fine arts. Aspirants can specialise in disciplines such as Animation, Graphics, Painting, Sculpture, Applied Arts, Print Media, and others by taking this course. Admissions are normally made on the basis of university entrance tests.
This course examines a variety of visual arts, including animation, multimedia, painting, sculpture, and architecture, among others. Art history, diverse types of visual arts, portfolio creation, and other topics are covered in the BVA programme.
What is BVA (Bachelor of Visual Arts)?
It is a four-year undergraduate programme in fine arts. It is developed specifically for students with creative inclinations who desire to pursue a career in the arts. Visual art includes pottery, drawing, painting, sculpture, printing, design, crafts, photography, video, filmmaking, and architecture, all of which deal with the visual form of nature.
The course appeals to the students’ aesthetic senses and assists them in expanding their artistic imagination. Students interested in BVA can concentrate on one of three traditional fields of visual media: painting, sculpture, or architecture.
Many other creative disciplines, such as performing arts, conceptual art, and textile arts, incorporate visual arts elements. As a result, BVA can be combined with courses such as product design, furniture design, textile design, interior design, music, theatre, cinema, dance, and animation, among others. Aspirants will be provided with both academic and practical knowledge in the field in which they choose to specialise, as well as assistance in establishing a successful career in that field.
Why Choose BVA (Bachelor of Visual Arts)?
The following are the benefit to pursue BVA course.
- Visual arts education enables pupils to express their thoughts and feelings while also assisting them in communicating with visuals.
- Individuals’ aesthetic, intellectual, emotional, social, and physical growth are all aided by visual arts.
- Creativity, creative ability, organisational skills, capacity to focus and concentrate, observant, visualisation abilities, imaginative skills, inventive skills, ability to express, and others are among the talents that students will master during the course.
- Visual arts education contributes to the preservation of our various cultural heritage while also assisting us in visualising our origins and past.
- Paintings and sculptures at museums are more than simply works of art; they also tell tales about our past.
- Today, BVA alumni use movies, videos, dance forms, paintings, and sculptures to communicate tales and news from across the world.
- Graduates of the BVA programme will be able to work in art studios, museums and galleries, the film and television industries, photo studios, and the apparel sector, among other places.
BVA (Bachelor of Visual Arts) Course Eligibility Criteria
Candidates seeking admission to the Bachelor of Visual Arts degree must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must have completed class 12th with a minimum of 50-55 per cent in aggregate from a recognised board (percentage may vary from institute to institute)
- Students should be aware that having a background in the visual arts will help them gain admission.
- Some institutions may hold entrance tests, which hopefuls must pass in order to be considered for admission.
BVA (Bachelor of Visual Arts) Courses Admission Process
Applicants must meet the qualifying requirements in order to pursue a Bachelor of Visual Arts degree. Admissions applications can be obtained by visiting University websites & downloading the BVA admissions application form, or by visiting the college’s admissions office directly. Candidates must take and pass the admission tests.
For offline admissions, students must come to the college campus and complete an application form with all of the essential BVA course information. For online applications, please fill out the application form on the official website and save it for future use. While the candidate is filling out the application form, he or she can also make a payment by online money transfer or bank checks/demand draughts. Students will get additional contact from the college after submitting the application form.
Certain stages must be followed in the admission method used by leading colleges to choose candidates for BVA degrees in India. The final list for the BVA degree in India is determined by the students’ marks in their 10+2 and admission tests. The student’s marks in their 10+2 and admission tests are used to determine the final list.
Popular Entrance Exams for BVA
During the personal interview performed by the corresponding officials, several institutes administer a standard entrance exam for applicants to measure their ability and inventiveness by asking pertinent questions for both UG and PG levels. The following are some of the entry exams:
|Arts Aptitude Test (AAT)
|Lovely Professional University – LPUNEST
|JMI – Entrance Exam
How to Prepare for the BVA Entrance Exams?
The following are the tip for BVP Entrance exam preparation
- The BVA entrance test question paper is broken into three sections: still life, questions based on the chosen subject, and theory questions.
- The first two portions normally last 1.5 hours each, while the theoretical section lasts two hours. A few things will be placed in front of the applicants in the still-life segment, and they will be required to draw those objects using a graphite pencil.
- Candidates must ensure that the texture and dimensions of the things they are placing are right. This segment is the simplest of the four, and it can only be accomplished with practice.
- The questions in the specialised subject portion will be based on the subjects chosen by the candidate. Illustrations for applied arts, compositions for painting and printing, storyboards for visual communication, and clay modelling for sculpting will all be presented.
- Candidates must prepare according to their chosen subject. Theory questions will include multiple-choice questions about current events, art history, art & culture, movies, and anything else relating to the visual arts.
BVP Entrance Preparation Books
The following are the best books for BVP entrance preparations.
- “A Composition Guide to BFA Theory Entrance Examination” by Dr Paromita Basu’s book
- Bachelor of Fine Arts Thesis by Anna Robertson
- Carlson’s Guide to Landscape Painting by John F. Carlson
BVA (Bachelor of Visual Arts) Course Fee structure
Various institutes in India charge between INR 40,000 and 2.5 LPA for BVA courses. The cost of a Bachelor of Visual Arts degree in India varies depending on the type of institute, location, infrastructure, faculty, and amenities provided.
|Course Fee Annually
|Faculty of Music & Fine Arts, University of Delhi (DU)
|Faculty of Visual Arts, Banaras Hindu University (BHU)
|Lady Shri Ram College for Women (LSR)
|Sir J.J Institute of Applied Arts
|Kamla Nehru College for Women (KMC)
|College of Art
|Hans Raj College (HRC)
|Jesus and Mary College (JMC)
|Jami Millia Islamia University (JMI)
|Jai Hind College
|Sri Venkateswara College
|Delhi College of Arts and Commerce (DCAC)
|ST. Xavier’s College
BVA (Bachelor of Visual Arts) Specializations
Specializations in the Bachelor of Visual Arts are available. Students will be able to lead themselves towards a certain path or job prospects by selecting a chosen specialisation. The following are some of the specialisations:
- Architecture and theatre.
BVA (Bachelor of Visual Arts) Syllabus
Below is a semester-by-semester breakdown of the course’s syllabus.
BVA Syllabus for 1st Year
|English 1: Creative Writing
|English 2: Conversational Skills
|History of Art & Architecture
|History of Art & Architecture 2
|Fundamentals of Design
|Architectural Drawing 1
|Fundamentals of Drawing
|Design with Type
BVA Syllabus for 2nd Year
|Semester – 3
|Semester – 4
|Interior Design Studio 1
|Material Culture 2
|Material Culture 1
|Interior Services 1
|Architectural Drawing 2
|Creative Sculpture 1
BVA Syllabus for 3rd Year
|Interior Services 2
|3-Dimensional Design 2
|3-Dimensional Design 1
|Interior Design Project
|Interior Design Studio 2
|Designing for Web
|Creative Sculpture Project
|Creative Sculpture 2
|Seminar Level Thesis Project
BVA (Bachelor of Visual Arts) Higher Studies
BVA’s higher education provides a plethora of chances to gain in-depth knowledge, skills, and jobs. Its focus is on the advancement of art. It boosts creativity in various ways, as well as curiosity and a positive attitude toward the study. Following the completion of the BVA course, candidates will have access to a wide range of higher education options, including:
BVA (Bachelor of Visual Arts) Scope
If a candidate is passionate about art, the possibilities for success in this sector are endless. It teaches conceptual and technical abilities necessary for someone who wishes to advance as a professional in this sector. Illustration, film production, teaching, design, and advertising are all industries where BVA candidates may readily find work.
BVA (Bachelor of Visual Arts) Job Profiles
The following are the job profiles for BVA (Bachelor of Visual Arts) Graduates.
- Art Designer
- Art Consultant
- Fashion Designer
- Graphic Designer
BVA (Bachelor of Visual Arts) Top Recruiters
The following are the name of top recruiters for BVA (Bachelor of Visual Arts) Graduates.
- Visual Myth
- Stellar Group
- Zeven World
- Hindustan Times
- Comm-Ad Design
- Aaria Life
- Axis Bank
- Amazon India
- Capgemini India Pvt. Ltd.
- Federal Bank
BVA (Bachelor of Visual Arts) Employment Areas
The following are the top employment sectors for BVA Graduates.
- Dance studios
- Publishing houses
- Software companies
- Ceramic Industry
- Digital media
BVA (Bachelor of Visual Arts) Salary
A person’s typical pay will vary depending on the speciality they pick. BVA graduates may expect to earn between INR 3 and 5 LPA on average. Salary after completing a B.V.A. degree varies depending on the career. To find out how much money you’ll make in any profession, look at the table below:
|INR 2 lakhs to 5 lakhs
|INR 2 lakhs to 7 lakhs
|INR 2.5 lakhs to 7 lakhs
|INR 3 lakhs to 6 lakhs
|INR 2.5 lakhs to 8 lakhs
BVA (Bachelor of Visual Arts) colleges
Bachelor of Visual Arts colleges may be found in many parts of the country. Students may choose the finest institution for them based on their qualifications and speciality requirements. The following are some of India’s best BVA colleges:
|Name of the College
|Jamia Millia Islamia University
|Banaras Hindu University
|Delhi College of Arts and Commerce
|Indian Institute of Digital Art and Animation
|GD Goenka University
|University of Rajasthan
Frequently Asked Questions
Aspirants with a BVA degree can find work in art studios, museums and galleries, the cinema and television industries, photo studios, and the apparel sector, among other areas. Those who are interested in becoming self-employed and exhibiting their work in various art galleries and studios can also do so.
Architects, art consultants, art editors, art gallery directors, artists, cartoonists, cinematographers, and courtroom sketch artists are among the jobs available to BVA graduates.
Painting, drawing, painting, sculpture, ceramics, photography, video, filmmaking, design, crafts, and architecture are among the BVA courses available to students.
Painting is the most often used or preferred medium of visual art.
The beginning pay for a B.V.A is between INR 2 lakhs and INR 8 lakhs.