BEM – The Bachelor of Event Management (BEM) programme is a three-year undergraduate programme. This programme is for people who desire to work in the field of event management. Concerts, Weddings, Birthday Parties, Award Ceremonies, and Shows are examples of events that can be designed and organised on a small or large scale.
Depending on the sort of event, an Event Manager is in charge of executing and coordinating tasks such as catering arrangements, menus, venue bookings, decoration, guest lists, facilities, finances, schedules, and so on.
Events management comprises coordinating the logistics leading up to and during a gathering, whether it’s a meeting, wedding, or other planned get-togethers. Furthermore, the event organizer, handles staff, budgets, vendor agreements, and other areas of the event preparations. If you wish to work in the event planning industry, check out the Bachelor of Event Management information below.
What is BEM?
Bachelor of Event Management is the planning and implementation of large and small personal or organisational activities such as concerts, conventions, ceremonies, weddings, and other similar events. When planning/organizing an event, it is critical to identify the target audience, select a theme that is appropriate for the event, coordinate the arrangements, and send out invitations to the upcoming event. Following that, applicants can pursue advanced degrees in the field of event management specialisation at the master’s level.
This bachelor’s degree combines theory and practical training to examine the breadth of knowledge needed in the field. Fundamentals of Hospitality Management, Event Marketing and Sales, Catering Management, Legal Issues in the Hospitality Sector, Accounting in Event Management, Interpersonal Skills and Professionalism are some of the most popular courses offered.
Types of Bachelor of Event Management
Here are given below types of BEM.
If you really want to organise an event for your personal job, you’ll need more time, effort, and attention. You must choose from a variety of menus, reservations, guest lists, and décor while making catering preparations. In the past, personal management businesses exclusively worked with indoor events, but now they also manage outdoor events.
Leisure Event Planning is one of many fascinating fields. Maintenance of sporting facilities, parks, fitness centres, entertainment venues, festival or party management, athletic tournaments, and other services are provided by the leisure event management industry. They organise these events with the help of a competent and motivated crew that knows how to reach out to the right people. Professionals in this field should be aware of the necessary preparation and communication for the successful organisation of these events.
The event planner must be familiar with strategic, technological, and inventive components that will make the event enjoyable and successful. They can help you with event planning, design, scheduling, scriptwriting, budgeting, negotiation, and customer service, among other things.
On the basis of the theme of the organisational events, the event organiser should make appropriate judgments to decorate the platform in a more artistic and appealing manner. The ability to effectively handle technical planning and communicate the message to the crowd are two traits of the finest event planner.
The major goal of cultural activities is to preserve and promote the traditional culture and way of life. With the approval of local government officials, the cultural activities team will develop memorable outdoor displays, spontaneous sports, games, special festivals, entertainment, and other events.
Organizing and executing a cultural event is a difficult task that demands a lot of effort. The goal of cultural event planners is to bring artistic and cultural activities to the general audience. Managers are also responsible for the local community, on-site planning, health care, adherence to safety regulations, and making a profit.
Why Choose BEM?
Take a look at some of the reasons why a bachelor’s degree in event management is a wonderful choice for you.
- Full of Variety – Variety is the spice of life for event planners. Event planners have the option of casting a wide or narrow professional net. So, if you want to specialise in weddings or christenings or do everything (business activities, team bonding days, celebrations, anniversaries, holidays, luncheons, sales meetings, birthdays, weddings, and so on), the decision is yours.
- It makes you stimulated – A profession in event management would allow you to use all of your skills while also keeping you emotionally involved. Working with clients, sites, tourists, and suppliers would also necessitate great interpersonal skills. You’ll also require an aptitude for organising, a sharp eye for correctness, and a strong sense of time management.
- There are no two days that are ever the same – Any event you plan will be one-of-a-kind, and if you work in the events industry, you can expect no two days to be alike. You’ll still be reinventing the wheel, giving things a new spin, and thinking outside the box.
- Your hard work will pay off! – There are few feelings more rewarding than seeing everything you’ve worked so hard for come to fruition. Whether it’s a high-concept fashion show, a folk music festival, a fairy-tale wedding, or a 60th-anniversary celebration, you’ll never tyre of witnessing a coordinated celebration unfold and seeing the joy on your customers’ faces.
BEM Course Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants must verify the following qualifying criteria before applying for admission to the BEM programme.
- Aspirants must have received at least a 50% grade in their 10+2 from a recognised board.
- This program is open to aspirants from any discipline of science, commerce, or the arts.
BEM Courses Admission Process
At the majority of universities, admission is based on merit. Students have enrolled based on their grades in the 12th grade. Only a few colleges provide entrance examinations.
Direct Admission – Candidates can apply for direct admission by filling out the application form provided by the various colleges.
The admissions procedure for different colleges is based on different criteria. A merit list is created based on the percentage, and students are provided two phases of qualification, either an interview or a group discussion (GD).
The candidate’s admission is contingent on the results of the interview or group discussion.
BEM Entrance Exams
The following are some of the most popular admission exams:
- CMAT – Common Management Aptitude Test
- XAT – Xavier Aptitude Test
- SNAP – Symbiosis National Aptitude Test
BEM Course Fee structure
The fee structure of every colleges for bachelor of event management courses is different and its depand on many things such as reputatuion, faculty, facility, location etc. The average fee for bachelor of event management course is between Rs. 1,50,000 to Rs. 6,00,000 per annum.
Specialization is available in the following areas.
- Marketing Management – The study of practical marketing applications, such as marketing strategies, techniques, and organisational management, is known as marketing management. Marketing managers are also responsible for conducting brand audits, developing marketing plans, scheduling plan implementation, and reviewing and updating programmes or campaigns in a variety of ways. Although some undergraduate courses in general business degrees cover similar concepts, many marketing management specialities are mostly at the graduate level. Marketing and advertising patterns, customer behaviour, corporate policy, brand management, and market analysis are all covered in the curriculum.
- Advertising Campaign – Twelve of the program’s 33 parts are dedicated to advertising specialisation. Applicants will learn how to construct a marketing plan, develop an efficient advertisement campaign, and use digital platforms to reach their target audience.
- Event Management – This specialised programme seeks to develop professionals who can plan a variety of events, such as weddings, corporate parties, group meetings, company promotions, marketing and advertising, and other celebrations, among other things. This degree prepares students to plan conferences, seminars, catering, and venue management, and the management marketing and promotion sectors offer a wide range of work opportunities. Students have a lot of options for work in the private and public sectors.
The basic curriculum or BEM course syllabus focuses on disciplines such as management, marketing, event planning, public relations, and other related topics. With the exception of a few colleges and universities, most colleges and universities have the same event management curriculum.
Subjects of Bachelor of event management are given below.
- Second Language
- Management Process
- Business Communication
- Financial Accounting
- Environmental Studies
- Organizational Behavior
- Advertising Management for Services
- Economics for Executives
- Value Education – Human Rights
- Marketing Management
- Introduction to Event Management & PR
- Event Management Planning
- Event Production Process
- Skill-based Subject-Communication Skills
One of the most profitable and successful job pathways is event management.
- The number of companies and persons arranging and carrying out operations has skyrocketed.
- It ranges from large-scale international conferences to intimate private gatherings.
- To conceptualise concepts, set budgets, implement, and coordinate activities, a diverse group of specialists is required.
- The number of qualified event planners available is insufficient to fulfil rising demand. This increases the number of employment available and the amount of money that may be earned.
BEM Career Opportunities
One of the newest and most popular disciplines of management is event management. While it is frequently considered a subsection of the public relations industry, it has grown in popularity and created a wealth of job opportunities for hopefuls. Event management is an option for candidates who have completed courses in advertising, public relations, and corporate communication.
- Corporate Event Manager
- Resort general Manager
- Meeting Planner
- Wedding Planner
- Conference Manager
- Sales director
- Event Marketing Manager
- Tourism manager
- Public Relations Executives
- Promotion Managers
- Marketing Executives
- Brand Development Managers
- Design Managers
BEM Top Recruiters
The following are some of the most popular places to look for work.
- 360 Degrees
- Percept D Mark
- Wizcraft International Entertainment Pvt. Ltd.
- DNA Networks Pvt. Ltd.
- Cineyug Entertainment
- Cox and King
- Sita Conferences
- Tafcon Group
- TCI Consultancy Services and ‘e’ Events
- Fountain Head Transmedia
A recent graduate might expect to earn up to INR 2 lakh per year, but after working for 2-3 years and accumulating valuable expertise, he or she can expect to earn up to INR 4 to 5 lakh per year. Furthermore, getting a Master’s degree, such as an MBA in Event Management, can open up more prospects, with income packages ranging from INR 7-8 lakh per year.
Here is given below the list of Some reputed colleges and universities to pursue BEM courses.
- Jain University, Bangalore
- Doon Business School, Dehradun
- Suresh Gyan Vihar University, Jaipur
- VELS University, Chennai
- St. Joseph’s College of Commerce, Bangalore
- Amity University, Noida
- IIKM Business School, Chennai
- Mewar University, Chittorgarh
- St.Teresa’s College, Ernakulam
- Sobhasaria Engineering College, Sikar