FGME 2023 – The exam date for FMGE 2023 has been declared. It will take place on July 30, 2023. The level of FMGE or Foreign Medical Graduate Examination is national. The National Board of Examinations (NBE) administers this examination twice a year in the months of June and December. The FMGE enables applicants to get temporary or permanent registration with the Indian Medical Council. Only through the FMGE test will applicants be allowed to register with the Medical Council of India (MCI). We have covered all the bases of the FMGE 2023 application form, eligibility, etc. in this article.
About Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE)
The FMGE, also known as the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination, is a licencing test offered by the National Board of Examinations (NBE). A primary medical degree from an institution outside of India earned by an Indian citizen or OCI who wants to practise medicine in India must pass this test in order to register with the National Medical Commission (NMC) or State Medical Council (SMC). Applicants who finished their primary degree programme on or before March 15, 2002, are not needed to participate in this examination because FMGE was created in the year 2002. Additionally, one should be aware that the FMGE is not an entrance exam and cannot be used to apply for admission to any institution. It is a test for international medical graduates seeking licences.
Foreign Medical Graduate Examination Important Link
Here is given below the table that contains all the important FMGE links.
|FMGE Official Website||Click Here|
|FMGE Information Bulletin||Click Here|
|Apply Now||Click Here|
|Login Portal||Click Here|
FMGE 2023 Important Dates
The following table contains the FMGE schedule. Aspirants have to proceed accordingly.
|Online registration starts||February 9, 2023||1st week of September 2023|
|Online registration closes||March 8, 2023||Last week of September 2023|
|The application correction window opens||3rd week of March 2023||1st week of October 2023|
|Final edit window to rectify the images||Last week of March 2023||To be announced|
|Admit cards will be released online||May 2023||To be announced|
|Exam date||30 June 2023||1st week of December 2023|
|Results||July 2023||January 2024|
|Issue of passing certificate||To be announced||To be announced|
FMGE 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants who want to take the test must ensure they meet the following criteria put out by the organisation:
- Nationality: the applicant must be an Indian national or an Indian national who resides abroad.
- Qualification: Aspirants must possess a basic medical degree that has been acknowledged by the relevant Indian Embassy.
- Final test Results: The applicant’s final test results must have been released on or before October 14, 2023. The individual must present the necessary documentation that shows they have finished the required courses and achieved the grade their institution is looking for.
- Document Requirement: Applicants who do not present the necessary paperwork will not be permitted to take the exam. Only individuals who have their primary medical qualification’s provisional pass/degree certificate and, if appropriate, an eligibility certificate may apply.
- Foreign Eligibility: If a candidate has an undergraduate medical degree from one of the following categories, they are exempt from taking the screening test and may apply for either a provisional or permanent registration in India (These applicants must also be licenced doctors in the aforementioned nations).
- New Zealand
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
- Pakistani students: The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), Government of India, must grant students with primary medical degrees from Pakistan security clearance.
FMGE 2023 Exam Pattern
Prior to the start of the registration procedure, the National Board of Education (NBE) defines the FMGE 2023 Exam Pattern. To ace the test, it is essential for every applicant to have a firm grasp of the FMGE 2023 Exam Pattern. The testing authority covers the whole exam pattern in the information bulletin that is posted on the exam’s official website. Here, we’ve gone into great depth about the FMGE Exam Pattern 2023:
- The FMGE 2023 test will be administered in English.
- Each applicant who registers for the same test is given a total of two chances to pass the FMGE exam.
- FMGE 2023 will consist of two papers: both Papers 1 and 2
- The multiple-choice question structure will be used for all of the questions on the FMGE 2023 test.
- Every applicant must respond to each of the 300 multiple-choice questions.
- Each paper of the FMGE 2023 Exam has a two-hour, thirty-minute time limit.
- The complete course material covered at the MBBS level will be included in the FMGE 2023 Syllabus.
- The FMGE 2023 test carries a maximum score of 300.
- Candidates will receive one point (+1), for each right response.
- The FMGE Exam 2023 has no negative marking.
FMGE 2023 Application Form
The following information on the FMGE 2023 Application form is required reading for applicants:
- Only online access to the application form will be provided.
- Applicants must complete all fields on the application form since incomplete information will result in rejection.
- Aspirants must provide a passport-size picture and their signature in the required format during registration.
- The first week of July 2023 will serve as the deadline for submitting an application for the June session.
- After fully completing the application, aspirants must remember to print it off for their records.
- The application cost can be paid by applicants online.
- Payment methods for the application fee include debit card, credit card, and net banking.
- In any circumstances, the application cost will not be refunded.
|Examination Fee||GST @ 18%||Total Amount payable|
|Rs. 6000/-||Rs. 1080/-||Rs. 7080/-|
FMGE 2023 Admit Card
The FMGE 2023 admit card is awarded to applicants who submit their applications within the specified window of time and with the required supporting papers. Since applicants cannot take the exam at the testing location without the admission card, this document is quite important. Important candidate information such as name, date of birth, exam date, time, centre address, etc. is included on the admission card. You may download the admission card by entering it into your account. Candidates must double-check their admission cards after downloading them to make sure all the information is accurate.
FMGE 2023 Result
The FMGE 2023 results will be made public on NBE’s official website, nbe.edu.in. The outcome includes the applicants’ roll number, the marks they received (out of 300), and whether or not they qualified. The National Medical Commission (NMC) or State Medical Council (SMC) will provide a provisional registration certificate to candidates who receive 50 per cent of the total possible marks—300—in the test. Through user ID and password, the scorecard may only be downloaded by qualifying candidates.
FMGE 2023 Exam Centres
Along with the informational booklet, NBE will provide a list of the exam locations for the June & December session of the FMGE in 2023.
FMGE 2023 Syllabus
According to the Graduate Medical Education Regulations published by the Medical Council of India, the FMGE 2023 syllabus will encompass a variety of topics.
|Anatomy||Human Genetics, General Anatomy, Elements of anatomy, Sectional Anatomy, Embryology, Surface Anatomy|
|Physiology||Kidney, Body Fluid, Endocrine, Respiratory system, General Physiology, Reproduction, Cardiovascular system, Respiratory System|
|Biochemistry||Carbohydrates, Nuclear Acid, Amino Acid, lipids, mineral, vitamins, isotopes and their applications|
|Microbiology||Bacteriology, Systematics Virology, Clinical applied, microbiology, immunology, parasitology|
|Pathology||Genetics disorder, disease of the breast, infectious disease, neuropathology, respiratory pathology|
|Forensic Medicine||Courts of India, Dowry death, forensic psychiatry, definitions, changes after death, courts procedures|
FMGE 2023 Cutoff
The FMGE cutoff of 2023 will serve as the minimum qualifying score that applicants taking the screening test must achieve. Aspirants will be disqualified if they do not reach the FMGE 2023 cutoff and will not be permitted to register with the State Medical Council or NMC.
FMGE has a 300 overall score (150 on each of the two papers). The cutoff for the FMGE 2023 exam has been established by NBE at 50%, which means that a candidate must receive at least 150 out of 300 marks (in the total scores of the two examinations) to be eligible to take the test.