Diploma in Civil Engineering – One of India’s first engineering streams was the diploma in civil engineering. It has an effect on practically every aspect of contemporary life. Candidates who have finished Class 10 and desire to pursue civil engineering as a profession can enrol in the 3-year DCE curriculum. It is a respected diploma curriculum that gives young students several employment prospects. To know more about DCE, Go through the entire article.
What is Diploma in Civil Engineering?
The three-year Civil Engineering Diploma programme is open to individuals who have finished the tenth grade. The planning, designing, construction, and maintenance of buildings, roads, etc. are the core topics of the DCE course. Anyone interested in enrolling in this programme should meet the requirements for the DCE. The applicants must pass the entrance exam for the diploma in civil engineering in order to be considered for admission. The entrance exams for the DCE programme include the Punjab PET, AP JEE, and Delhi CET. In India, there are several colleges offering a DCE. The location of the institution, its infrastructure, its staff, etc., are only a few of the variables that affect the cost of attending a college.
Why Choose a Bachelor of Science in Horticulture?
A diploma in civil engineering can provide several advantages and benefits. Here are some of the reasons why individuals pursue a DCE.
- Civil engineering is a discipline in which qualified individuals are in great demand. DCE can give you the information and skills you need to enter the market and find career possibilities in a variety of industries, including construction, infrastructure development, and consultancy.
- It provides several employment options. As a civil engineer, you can work on a variety of projects, such as the construction of bridges, motorways, airports, dams, and water supply systems.
- DCE programmes frequently emphasise practical instruction and hands-on experience.
Diploma in Civil Engineering Course Eligibility Criteria
The qualifying standards for each college may differ. We have reviewed the essential qualifying requirements of the colleges requesting admission into a diploma in civil engineering degree for this purpose.
- Candidates must have completed class 10 or 12 from a recognised institution with at least 50% overall. Candidates from the restricted categories are offered a 5% discount.
- Candidates must have completed Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (PCM) as mandatory courses in grades 10 and 12.
Diploma in Civil Engineering After 10th Class
If you want to get started right away, following 10th grade, you can pursue a diploma in civil engineering. Students must have finished Class 10th with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as obligatory courses from a recognised board to be eligible for a DCE. After Class 10, students pursue a three-year DCE, during which they learn about various aspects of civil engineering, practical abilities, and hands-on experience. Some of the most popular diplomas in civil engineering courses after 10th grade are:
- Diploma in Civil Engineering (CE)
- Diploma in CE & Construction Technology
- Diploma in Civil and Architectural Engineering
- Diploma in CE & Environmental Management
- Diploma in CE & Structural Design
- Diploma in CE & Transportation Engineering
- Diploma in CE & Construction Management
- Diploma in CE & Geotechnical Engineering
- Diploma in CE & Surveying
- Diploma in CE & Water Resource Management
Diploma in Civil Engineering After 12th Class
Following the completion of the 12th grade, candidates may pursue a diploma in civil engineering. The primary eligibility criteria for pursuing a Diploma in Civil Engineering after the 12th class is that the applicant has passed Class 12th from a recognised board or educational institution and has a good foundation in science courses. The following are some of the best civil engineering diplomas after 12th class possibilities for you to consider.
- Diploma in CE & Construction Technology
- Diploma in CE & Highway Engineering
- Diploma in CE & Building Construction
- Diploma in CE & Land Surveying
- Diploma in CE & Project Management
- Diploma in CE & Quantity Surveying
- Diploma in CE & Urban Planning
- Diploma in CE & Environmental Management
- Diploma in CE & Irrigation Engineering
- Diploma in CE & Structural Analysis
Diploma in Civil Engineering Courses Admission Process
You can register yourself at a college or university to pursue this degree in one of two ways: through merit-based selection or through admission tests.
- Release of the merit list based on percentage. The university’s website and publications often update their articles with information about the merit list.
- Go to the college to begin the admissions process and check your percentage.
- Colleges and institutions announce the admission date.
Entrance Exam-Based Admission
- Colleges and universities provide official registration forms online along with registration fees.
- Fill out the form and send in your fees before the deadline.
- They make the admission card available 72 hours following the test.
- They announce the exam date along with the appropriate place and time details.
- They will publish a result declaration date along with the cut-off list and a date for document validation.
Diploma in Civil Engineering Entrance Exams
Colleges administer a number of entrance tests to choose the students who will be admitted. The comprehension of the more general subject is directly assessed on the admission tests. These tests may be at the collegiate or national levels. The following are a few of the well-known entrance tests held for admission to the Diploma in Civil Engineering course:
- Delhi CET
- JEE Advanced
Diploma in Civil Engineering Course Fee Structure
The fee for completion of the diploma course varies from college to college. Candidates can review the DCE fees listed below by the institution and make their college selection based on that information.
|College||Average Annual Fees|
|Jamia Millia Islamia University||Rs. 8,970|
|Lovely Professional University||Rs. 53,200|
|Galgotias University||Rs. 45,000|
|Chandigarh University||Rs. 19,400|
|Veermata Jijabai Technology Institute||Rs. 12,679|
|Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology||Rs. 28,400|
|Narula Institute of Technology||Rs. 99,000|
|Walchand College of Engineering||Rs. 8,815|
|North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology||Rs. 11,320|
|Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering and Technology||Rs. 28,000|
Bachelor of Science in Horticulture Syllabus
There are six semesters in the schedule. There are two semesters in a year. The syllabus is broken down by year.
|Year I||Year II||Year III|
|Applied mathematics I||Hydraulics||Design of steel & Masonry Structure|
|Applied Mechanics||Thermal engineering||Transpiration engineering|
|Applied Chemistry||Concrete technology||Irrigation engineering|
|Professional communication||Electrical & mechanical engineering||Design of reinforced concrete structure|
|Applied Physics||Strength of material||Estimating, Costing & Valuation|
|Computer application for engineering||Building construction & Maintenance engineering||Construction management, accounts & entrepreneurship development|
|Engineering drawing||Civil engineering drawing||Civil engineering drawing II|
|Workshop practice||Public health engineering||Earthquake engineering|
|Building material||Surveying||Surveying II|
|–||–||Environment pollution & control|
|–||–||Civil Lab – III (RCC & Highway)|
Diploma in Civil Engineering Scope
Due to the necessity for infrastructure development in all nations, there will be a growth in the need for civil engineering in the future. Both highly developed and emerging nations, like India, have a need for well-constructed roads, bridges, and buildings. Even if you want to develop your office space, your dream horse, or a park for elderly people and children, among other things, you’ll still need civil engineers. As a result, there are many opportunities for civil engineers in the present and the future.
Diploma in Civil Engineering Higher Studies
- M.Tech in Civil Engineering
Diploma in Civil Engineering Job Profiles
- Project Lead
- Project Engineer
- Junior Engineer
- Research Associate
- Construction Manager
- Landscape Engineer
- Site Engineer
- Maintenance Engineer
Diploma in Civil Engineering Recruiters
|Government Sector||Private Sector|
|National highway authority of India(NHAI)|
National Defence Authorities
Steel Authority Of India Ltd.
Government Mega Construction Projects
Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
National Small Industries Corporation Limited
Central public work departments(CPWD)
Indian Armed Forces
National Fertilizers Limited
DRDOPWD & Irrigation Department
Government Housing Schemes
Municipal Corporations (Town/Rural Planning and Development)
National Thermal Power Corporation
Bharat Electronics Limited
Cement Corporation of India
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited
Bharat Earth Movers Limited
State Electricity Boards (MHEB, etc)
Power Grid Corporation of India Limited and more
|Afcons Infrastructure Limited|
DLF ( Delhi Land & Finance)
Newton Engineering & Chemicals Ltd
Hindustan Construction Company
Consolidated Construction Consortium Ltd (CCCL)
Coastal Projects Pvt Ltd (CPPL)
Nagarjuna Construction Company
Larsen & Toubro
Shapoorji Pallonji & Company
Sobha Developers Limited and more
Diploma in Civil Engineering Salary
The average pay for a DCE ranges from Rs. 3,00,000 LPA to Rs. 20,00,000 LPA. The type of organisation and job profile, the candidate’s experience and talents, and the remuneration for a DCE all play a role in this. Additionally, your income will increase as you gain Civil Engineering experience and develop all the necessary technical and soft abilities.
|Job Profiles||Annual Salary (Average)|
|Structural Engineer||Rs. 6.75 LPA|
|Construction Engineer||Rs. 8.20 LPA|
|Senior Civil Engineer||Rs. 7.30 LPA|
|Environmental Engineer||Rs. 6.59 LPA|
|Geotechnical Engineer||Rs. 19.8 LPA|