BBA Hotel Management – BBA HM programme is designed for individuals who have an entrepreneurial mindset, strong commercial understanding, and a strong desire to serve others. The primary goal is to develop and equip yourself with professional, theoretical, and management abilities.
The training teaches them how to be effective managers and entrepreneurs in the hotel business. It offers a wide variety of specialities in order to prepare aspirants for a career in hotel management in the future.
What is BBA Hotel Management?
BBA HM is a three-year undergraduate program that provides aspirants with the skills and information needed to manage the overall operations of hotels, resorts, and other hospitality businesses. This degree programme familiarises students with how hotels operate and the practices that go into effective management. Students in this BBA Hotel Management programme will complete extensive laboratory work in order to get the necessary knowledge and skills in the fields of food production, food and beverage service, catering, front office operations, and cleaning.
It also provides extensive managerial training in sales and marketing, financial management, human resource management, hotel and catering legislation, property management, and entrepreneurial development. BBA Hotel Management is an excellent approach for students who want to pursue a career in this demanding but rewarding business to get the information and experience they need.
Why Choose BBA HM?
The decision to study Hotel Management is entirely dependent on the candidate’s goals. The following are some of the advantages of learning BBA:
- The BBA in Hotel Management offers students the necessary skills for a career in the hospitality industry. The applicant will receive in-depth instruction on how to handle all departments with this degree.
- Because hotel management is primarily an operations-oriented topic, the curriculum includes disciplines such as food operation, food and beverage operation, and housekeeping operation.
- Almost every institute in India and overseas will offer good placement possibilities with this degree.
BBA Hotel Management students learn how to make quick decisions through Personality Development and Managerial Communication modules.
- Learning from industry specialists is also possible throughout the course and internship in the third or fourth semester since industry professionals frequently visit the faculties of Hotel Management Institutes.
- A fresher’s typical beginning pay might range anywhere from 3.5 to 6 LPA.
BBA Hotel Management Course Eligibility Criteria
The qualifying criteria for BBA Hotel Management apply to both merit-based and entrance-based examinations. The following are the minimal requirements for this course.
- Aspirants must have passed their most recent qualifying test, which is the Class XII Boards.
- A minimum aggregate of 55 per cent from a recognised board is required for admission to BBA Hotel Management.
BBA Hotel Management Courses Admission Process
Students in the Hotel Management Undergraduate degree programme are primarily selected based on their HSC scores or special entrance examinations administered by a few institutes, such as the Common Sage University Aptitude Test and the Undergraduate Aptitude Test, both of which are administered once a year and have a relatively simple set syllabus.
- Only a few colleges provide direct admission to the BBA Hotel Management programme.
- It is necessary to remain up to current on the notification of the following BBA Hotel Management Colleges in case of entrance tests.
- Candidates for offline applications can purchase the registration form when the notification for the application is made, or they can register online by visiting the website.
- During registration, all necessary papers must be uploaded accurately and in accordance with the instructions.
- The portal lists test centres to assist candidates in selecting centres that are convenient for them.
- The results will be posted on the following website after the examination on the specified day.
- Aspirants who pass the institution’s designated cut-off marks will be contacted for counselling.
- Aspirants can take a spot in their preferred college by submitting original papers on the counselling day and completing the admission procedure.
BBA HM Entrance Exams
In most cases, admission is made solely on the basis of merit, which is determined by the scores acquired in the 12 boards. Some colleges, for instance, run their own admission examinations. Aspirants who pass the entrance exam will be invited to an interview. Admission is determined by how well students do on examinations and in personal interviews.
BBA HM Entrance Preparation Tips
The following are the entrance preparation tips of BBA Hotel Management.
- Solving papers in the allotted time without taking a break might be beneficial on test day.
- PYQP should be solved because problems from the previous five years are likely to be repeated.
- Regular practice and excellent study for four to five hours a day are more than enough to achieve good results on the entrance exam.
BBA Hotel Management Course Fee structure
Each university has its own fee structure because it depends upon college location, university comes under the government or not, infrastructure etc. The average fee to pursue this course is 50k to 4 Lakh. The following is the list of some colleges and their fees.
|College Name||City||Average Annual Fees|
|Indian Institute of Hotel Management||Kolkata||INR 2 Lac|
|Indraprastha Institute of Technology and Management||New Delhi||INR 1.35 Lac|
|Institute of Hotel Management Catering and Nutrition||New Delhi||INR 1.32 Lac|
|IHM Bhubaneswar||Bhubaneswar||INR 67,200|
|Andhra University||Visakhapatnam||INR 99,614|
|Manipal University||Jaipur||INR 1.53Lac|
|IIHM Bangalore||Bengaluru||INR 1.88 Lac|
|LNCT University||Bhopal||INR 45,000|
|Guru Nanak Institute of Hotel Management||Kolkata||INR 1.30 Lac|
|Uttarakhand Technical University||Dehradun||INR 53,200|
|Amity Global Business School||Noida||INR 2.7 Lac|
BBA HM Syllabus
The BBA students must study Hotel Management, Hospitality, and Finance over the course of six semesters and three years. According to the semester, the syllabus is provided.
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Fundamentals of Management||Hospitality Marketing|
|Hospitality Accounting||Business Communication|
|Basic Computing Skills||Human Resource Management|
|Basic of Front Office Operation||Basics of Food Production|
|Managing Housekeeping Operation||Basics of Food & Beverages Service|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Financial Management||Organisation Behaviour|
|Food Production Techniques||Service Marketing|
|Restaurant & Bar operation||Room Division Management|
|Banqueting Management||Personality Development|
|Housekeeping Management||Communicative English|
|Semester 5||Semester 6|
|Legal Studies||Event Management|
|Project and facilities planning||Institutional Catering|
|Food production management & Control||Managerial Communication|
|Information Technology||Transport Management|
|Industrial Relation||Statistics for Manager|
Higher Studies after BBA HM
Graduates of the BBA in Hotel Management programme may pursue post-graduate studies in areas such as.
- MBA in Hotel Management or other relevant MBA programs
- PG Diploma courses
- PG Certificate courses
BBA Hotel Management Scope
As per the course scope, candidates either go for a job or higher education. we have discussed the higher education option above and the job profiles to which candidates can apply after completing BBA in Hotel management are following.
BBA Hotel Management Job Profiles
Aspirants are invited to apply for the following positions.
- Accommodation manager
- Catering manager
- Event manager
- Hotel manager
- Public house manager
- Restaurant manager
- Customer service manager
- Human resource officer
- Tour Manager
- Resident Manager
- Front Office Manager
- Executive Housekeeper
- Reservation Managers
- Front Office Receptionist
- Department Managers
- Sales and Marketing Executive
- Conference Centre Manager
BBA HM Employment Areas
The following are the Employment sector for all those who are completed their BBA Hotel Management.
- Cruise Lines/Ships
- Colleges & Universities
- Guest Houses & Resorts
- Hotel/Multinational Companies
- Hospital Administration & Catering
- National & International Airlines
BBA HM Top Recruiters
The following are the recruiters for all those who are completed their BBA Hotel Management.
- The Park
- Hyatt Regency
- JW Marriott
- The Lalit
BBA Hotel Management Salary
After graduating from college with good grades, one may easily get an entry-level job that pays anywhere from 10,000 to 45,000 INR per month, depending on one’s talents and employment function. Salary varies depending on the organisation you work for and the role you hold.
|Job Roles||Average Annual Salary|
|Front Office Manager||INR 4.50 Lac|
|Restaurant and Food Service Manager||INR 4.30 Lac|
|Housekeeping Manager||INR 3.80 Lac|
|Department Manager||INR 4.20 Lac|
|Sales and Marketing Executive||INR 4.96 Lac|
|Banquet Manager||INR 4 Lac|
BBA Hotel Management colleges
BBA Hotel Management degrees and similar programmes such as Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM), Bachelor in Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT), and BSc in Hospitality and Hotel Administration are all available in India. Tourism Studies and Travel and Tourism Management are two of the most popular specialisations. The best colleges where students can study a BBA in Hotel Management are as follows:
- Institute of Hotel Management Catering and Nutrition, New Delhi
- Indian Institute of Hotel Management, Kolkata
- Institute of Hotel Management, Catering and Applied Nutrition, Dehradun
- Institute of Hotel Management, Bangalore
- Amity Global Business School, Noida
- Institute of Hotel Management Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition, Chennai
- Institute of Hotel Management Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition, Lucknow
- Army Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology, Bangalore
- Institute of Hotel Management, Mumbai
- Institute of Hotel Management, Bhubaneswar
Frequently Asked Questions
It is a three-year undergraduate curriculum in which students learn in-depth vital skills and information about management and services such as catering and cleaning in resorts, hotels, and airlines, among other things.
The cost of a Masters’s programme might range from INR 50000 to 1.5 Lac.
Some colleges provide BBA Hotel Management degrees on the basis of merit, while others require entrance exams.
It is a three-year programme consisting of six semesters.
The remuneration ranges from 5,00,000 to 8,00,000 Lac, depending on the organisation with which they are affiliated and their years of experience.