UGC NET 2021 – Application form of UGC NET 2021 for December cycle released soon. The UGC-NET is a test used to assess if Indian nationals are eligible for positions such as “Assistant Professor” and “Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor” in Indian universities and colleges. The UGC-NET is also used to select applicants for the following Fellowships offered by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment and the Ministry of Minorities Affairs.
National Fellowship for Scheduled Caste Students (NFSC)
National Fellowship for Other Backward Classes (NFOBC)
Maulana Azad National Fellowship for Minority Students (MANF)
CBSE administered the NET in 84 topics in 91 cities across the country until June 2018. Following that, the National Testing Agency will conduct the UGC-NET from December 2018 forward (NTA). The awarding of a Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and/or eligibility for an Assistant Professorship is based on the aspirant’s overall performance in UGC-NET Papers I as well as in UGC NET Paper II. Aspirants who merely meet the requirements for Assistant Professorship will not be considered for a JRF. Aspirants who pass the eligibility test for Assistant Professorship are subject to the university/college/state government’s rules and regulations for Assistant Professor recruitment, as applicable.
What is UGC NET Exam?
The National Eligibility Test (NET) is a test administered by the University Grants Commission (UGC) to determine whether Indian nationals are eligible for Assistant Professorships, Junior Research Fellowships, or both in Indian universities and colleges.
UGC NET 2021 Important Link’s
Aspirants must check the ILICAT official website on a frequent basis for regular updates and alerts. The URL to the ILICAT official website is provided below, along with other vital links that aspirants can use according to their needs.
|(NTA) Official website for entrance exam||Click Here|
|Official website for UGC NET||Click Here|
|Official website of UGC||Click Here|
|Apply now||Click Here|
|Login portal||Click Here|
|UGC NET Previous year Question paper||Click Here|
|Help desk||Click Here|
|Help desk||Click Here|
UGC NET 2021 Important Date’s
Aspirants must adhere to the ILICAT 2021 Schedule, which is listed below.
|Application Begins||To Be notified|
|Application Ended||To Be notified|
|Correction window opened||To Be notified|
|Correction window closed||To Be notified|
|Admit card released||To Be notified|
|Exam Date||To Be notified|
|Provisional answer key||To Be notified|
|Final answer key||To Be notified|
|Result declared||To Be notified|
UGC NET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
In the part below, aspirants can check the UGC NET Eligibility Criteria.
- There will be no upper age limit for Assistant Professor.
- The applicant for a Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) must be under 31 years old as of March 1, 2021.
- Candidates who are ST/ SC/ PWD/ OBC-NCL/ Transgender/ Women will be allowed a 5-year age relaxation.
- Candidate’s with research experience or who have served in the armed forces would also be offered a five-year reprieve.
- Candidates with an LLM degree will receive a three-year age reduction.
- Aspirants holding a Masters Degree or its equivalent from a UGC accredited university or institution (General/ UR/ General- EWS) are eligible to apply.
- Aspirants should have received at least 55 percent in their Masters Degree (50 percent for ST/SC/OBC (NCL)/PWD/Transgender category candidates).
- Aspirant’s for a Master’s degree should have completed coursework in Electronic Science, Humanities and Social Sciences (including languages), Computer Science and Applications, and other related fields.
- Aspirant’s who are in their final year of a Master’s degree programme or who have taken the exam but have yet to get their results are also eligible to apply. Only if these Aspirants meet the qualification standards will they be considered eligible. Furthermore, Aspirants must earn their Masters degree within two years of the results being announced, or they will be disqualified.
- aspirants holding a Ph.D. who finished their Masters level exam by September 1992 will receive a 5% reduction in their overall grade (which means from 55 percent to 50 percent ).
UGC NET 2021 Admission & Selection Procedure
First, Aspirants have to fill their application form by visiting the UGC NET NTA official website. and then if aspirants have made mistake in their application then they have a option to rectify their mistake through correction window which will be opened after closing application form. after that Aspirants have to download their admit card and appeared in the UGC NET exam and result will be declared.
Only the top 6% of all students who pass both Papers 1 and 2 of the exam will be considered qualified. Candidates would be admitted to various Indian institutes and universities for the post of JRF or Assistant professor depending on their category cut off scores. The top 15% of competent candidates from each category will be chosen and considered eligible for the position of Assistant Professor.
UGC NET 2021 Application form
Aspirants must first fill out the online application form available on the official website. Aspirants must fill out the essential information, such as personal, communication, and academic information, and then submit the required scanned papers such as qualifying exam marksheet, passport size photograph etc. and pay the application fee via online such as net banking, credit card & debit card or offline through e-challan.
UGC NET 2021 Application Correction
Candidates who want to make changes to their application form can do so through the UGC NET application correction window. The rectification window will be open from March 12th until March 16th, 2021. Only through the website’s online mode are students allowed to make corrections. On the website, you can get all of the information you need about editable and non-editable fields. Students will also be notified of the rectification opportunity via email and SMS. After the last date of rectification, no changes are permitted.
UGC NET 2021 Admit Card
The UGC NET Admit Card will be available for download before 1 week from the entrance exam Students will be needed to provide their login credentials in order to download the admission card. The instructions on the admit card must be followed by the aspirants. Aspirants must verify that all information on the admit card is correct. Aspirants are urged to contact the hotline as soon as possible if there is any discrepancy on their hall ticket. The authorities will take the required steps to resolve the issue.
UGC NET 2021 Exam Pattern
In the section below, Aspirants can learn everything they need to know about the UGC NET exam pattern
- The exam will be administered by computer-based testing (CBT).
- The test will consist of two papers.
- The paper will be available in the candidate’s preferred language, either Hindi or English.
- In UGC NET, there will be asked multiple choice or objective questions.
- The exam will last 3 hours and 30 minutes, with no breaks.
- The paper will have a total of 150 questions. Paper 1 will have 50 questions, while Paper 2 will have 100.
- The paper will be worth 300 points in total. Paper 1 will be worth 100 points, while Paper 2 will be worth 200 points.
- Two marks will be awarded for each right answer.
- The paper will not have any negative markings.
|Paper||Marks||No. of Questions|
UGC NET 2021 Syllabus
The whole UGC NET Syllabus is available on the website for students to review. Students will be able to access complete syllabuses for their chosen disciplines via the internet. The first paper of the UGC NET will be of a general nature and will be intended to measure the candidate’s research aptitude and teaching ability. The second paper will be based on the candidate’s chosen core courses or specialisation. A total of 84 specialised subjects are available in paper 2.
UGC NET 2021 Answer Key
The provisional answer key for the UGC NET will be released within a week after exam. Aspirants will also have the opportunity to question the preliminary answer key. The key will be available for two or three days on the internet. Students must pay a fee of Rs.1000 per question to challenge the answer key. The final solution key will be revealed after the authority has accepted the challenge. The NTA’s judgement on the challenges will be regarded final, and the result will be calculated using the final answer key.
UGC NET 2021 Result
UGC NET result will be declared approx 2 or 3 week after the entrance. By inputting their login information, Aspirants will be able to check their results. The results will only be available on the website in an online mode. The results will not be sent to each aspirant individually. Aspirants will be able to find out their grades on the NTA website, which will be available one week after the results are announced. The Aspirants will not receive a mark sheet from the NTA administration.
UGC NET 2021 Contact details
If applicants have any questions or concerns about the UGC NET, they can contact below details.
- NTA Helpdesk : 0120-6895200 (Timing 09:30 AM to 06:00 PM only during working days)
Frequently Asked Questions
Aspirants who have passed the UGC NET exam can expect to earn a salary of Rs. 40,000/- per month as an assistant professor, Rs. 80,000/- as an associate professor while Rs. 82,000/- as a professor.
No, There will be no negative marking in UGC NET 2021 exam and it will consist of 150 multiple choice questions, with applicants having three hours to complete it.
Know your complete Syllabus
use or make well Prepared Notes
Solve Previous Year Papers and Modal test paper
Focus on Time management
The number of qualifying applicants (total slots or Eligibility for Assistant Professor) must equal 6% of the total number of candidates who appear in both UGC NET examinations.
NTA NET is one of the most famous and well-known national tests. Every year, lakhs of students apply for this exam to become Assistant Professors or Junior Research Fellows. As a result, NTA NET is the most difficult higher education exam. If aspirants want to be considered for the UGC NET, They must follow the correct UGC NET preparation method.