Diploma in Interior Design – Depending on the university, a diploma in interior design is a 1- or 2-year program where students study the numerous components of creating the interior of a home, workplace, or other desired location. Interior design is a specialized area of the interior industry. Aspirants must have at least a 55 percent grade point average in any stream from a recognized board in order to apply to various institutions or universities. The grades received on the entrance exam are used to determine admission to the diploma program in interior design. A round of personal interviews follows the entrance exam. In some instances, admission is granted based on the results of the qualifying exam.
What is Diploma in Interior Design?
A diploma-level study in fashion and interior design is the Diploma in Interior Design. The practice of interior design involves everything that can be found within a room, including the walls, windows, doors, finishes, textures, light, furniture, and furnishings. Interior designers employ all of these factors to create a room that is practical, secure, and visually pleasant for a building’s occupants. The time required to earn an interior design diploma varies from one year to four years depending on the location. Therefore, every factor, including which student will be admitted, completely depends on the institute. The Diploma program emphasizes professional development and employment creation.
Why Choose Diploma in Interior Design?
The following are the benefits to enroll in Interior Design Diploma.
- The applicants have the option of enrolling in a higher degree program in their chosen fields, such as a bachelor’s degree.
- They have the option of starting their own company in the same industry or joining forces with someone else.
- Candidates may also be hired for interior decorating positions, which may entail picking paint colors and textiles, choosing and arranging furniture to improve a space’s aesthetic and functionality, and locating the right lighting, window treatments, and flooring.
Diploma in Interior Design Course Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants must have passed the exam required by the college they want to attend.
- The aspirants must pass the 12th-grade exam or an equivalent test from any board that is recognized.
- The candidates must receive a grade of at least 50% on their 12th-grade test or its equivalent.
- In order to apply to several colleges, individuals must have mathematics as one of their required courses in grade 12 or an equivalent test.
Diploma in Interior Design Courses Admission Process
Admissions to Interior Design diploma program are often made on the basis of merit. After taking into account their percentage of grades in class 12 exams, applicants are granted direct admission. A qualifying admission test may also be administered by some institutions to evaluate candidates’ knowledge and abilities. Aspirants from the reserved categories are given accommodations in the overall score since most institutions adhere to the Government of India’s reservation policy.
Diploma in Interior Design Entrance Exams
The students might take a select few admission tests in India for the Interior Design Diploma program. A solid merit score from the diploma program in interior design is also a must, as is taking the admission tests. Some of the top and required admission tests for the diploma in interior design are:
Diploma in Interior Design Course Preparation Tips
Here are some suggestions for thorough application preparation.
- More Reading and Practice: Aspirants should review the complete curriculum again, concentrating on the most important topics. Review the fundamentals of design, colour theory, drawing, building, sketching, etc.
- Mock Exams: Attempting mock tests, reviewing previous year’s question papers, and resolving to practice questions can help you get a better understanding of the test and do better on it.
Diploma in Interior Design Course Fee structure
The interior design diploma fee structure is between INR 50 K and 12 LPA. The cost of the course may change based on the amenities and facilities supplied at the institution or university and the quality of instruction delivered.
|Name of the College||Average fees|
|Apeejay Institute of Design||Rs. 1,30,000|
|International Polytechnic for Women||Rs. 80,000|
|Sage University||Rs. 40,000|
|ITM University||Rs. 50,000|
|JD Institute of Fashion Technology||Rs. 2,00,000|
|IMS Design and Innovation Academy||Rs. 237,000|
|Poddar Group of Institutions, Jaipur||Rs. 105,000|
|Mewar University||Rs. 33,000|
|Institute Of Design Environment And Architecture||Rs. 75,000|
|Royal Global University||Rs. 80,000|
Diploma in Interior Design Syllabus
The curriculum and courses for the Interior Design Diploma program are organized so that the students may emphasize their knowledge in a variety of fields by having a deeper understanding of the course’s many topics. The following are some of the crucial topics covered in the interior design diploma program:
- Interior Design and Construction and Furniture Detailing & Sanitary
- Software applications and Construction materials and Finishing
- Interior decoration and its Principle
- Stone Masonry – Bonds and types, Construction tools
- . Carpentry joints
- Concept of furniture Layout
- Concept of Colour and Lights
- Paints, Varnishes, Distemper
- Concept of False Ceiling
- General Plumbing system
- General Sanitary fittings
- The general layout of the kitchen and toilets
Diploma in Interior Design Higher Studies
Candidates are welcomed to the entry-level career and can pursue higher education after completing the Diploma in Interior Design, which has the greatest pay provided in India and overseas with nearly all commercial and public sectors of various companies. Candidates who have earned an interior design diploma have a variety of employment options.
- B.Sc Geoinformatics
- B.Sc Advanced Computer Arts
- B.Tech Embedded Systems Design
- Multimedia & Computer Arts Certificate
- B.Tech VLSI Design
- Diploma in Advanced Computer Arts
- B.Tech Information Technology
Diploma in Interior Design Scope
There are lots of scope for an Interior Design Diploma. Aspirants either go for higher studies that are mentioned above or career profiles. The following are some of the top job profiles and also some employment sectors.
Diploma in Interior Design Job Profiles
Aspirants are invited to apply for the following positions.
- Assist. Manager
- Mid-Interior Designer
- Interior Lighting Designer
- Architect & Interior Designer
- Business Head
- Design Coordinator
Diploma in Interior Design Employment Area
The following are the employment area for all those who are completed their Diploma in Interior Design.
- Architectural Firms
- Construction Companies
- Events Management Companies
- Interior Design Companies
- Exhibition Centres
- Film Companies
- TV Companies
- Colleges & Universities
Diploma in Interior Design Salary
The remuneration for a diploma in an interior design program varies depending on the knowledge and abilities of the student. Aspirants who are just starting out may begin with a pay package that is typical, but as they gain experience, it improves up to a particular level. The organization and position you work for also affect the typical wage package. The given course’s average compensation varies from INR 3L to 10LPA.
|Name of Job Profile||Average starting salary in INR|
|Assistant designer||Rs. 3,00,000|
|Interior and spatial designer||Rs. 3,50,000|
|Visual merchandiser||Rs. 4,00,000|
|Assistant Exhibition Designer||Rs. 4,00,000|
Frequently Asked Questions
Since the course is a diploma program, it typically lasts one to two years.
None of these entry points into the field of interior design call for formal education or prior experience. Therefore, degrees are the primary courses you may do to become an interior designer.
An interior design graduate may expect to make about INR 500,000 annually. A graduate program may include a number of specialties, including lighting design, commercial interior design, space planning, sustainable design, and others.