UPSE CDS (II) 2021 – CDS exam II will be held on 14 November 2021 and application form will be filled from 04 August 2021. If aspirant’s have the passion to serve the country and they are looking for a golden opportunity, then the CDS exam is the best for you. Through the CDS exam, candidate’s get a golden opportunity to be part of the Army team of the Indian Navy, Indian Air Force and Indian Military. Every year, more than four lakh candidates fill the CDS exam form, out of which very few are selected. The CDS exam is conducted twice a year. In this article, we will discussed complete details about CDS.
What is CDS?
CDS Exam is the second major examination of the Indian Army conducted by UPSE (Union Public Service Commission) after NDA (National Defense Academy) through which officers are selected for all three services. CDS stands for Combined Defense Service and this means “samlit Raksha Seva” .Candidates selected on the basis of written examination and interview are sent to below places for training of one and a half years.
- Indian Military Academy, Dehradun (IMA)
- Indian Naval Academy, Goa (INA)
- Officer training academy, Chennai (OTA)
- Indian Air Force Academy, Hyderabad (AFA)
UPSE CDS (II) 2021 Important Link’s
Candidates can use the given link as per their need. If the candidate’s faces any problem like the admit card is not being downloaded, then they can contact the help desk. To stay alert of all new notifications and updates, they can visit the official website regularly. And if even after reading the article, there is a doubt in their mind, then they can ask by comment or thay can read information bulletin.
|Official Website of UPSE||Click Here|
|Official website of Indian Navy||Click Here|
|Information bulletin||Click Here|
|Frequently Asked Question’s||Click Here|
|UPSE Helpline||Click Here|
|Indian Navy Helpline||Click Here|
CDS Exam 2021 Important Date’s
The CDS exam is conducted twice a year, once in February and the second time in September. Both the schedules are given below given below and candidate have to proceed accordingly.
|1.||Notification and Application start||–||4 August 2021|
|2.||Last date to apply||–||24 August 2021|
|3.||Admit card Released||–||1st week of November 2021|
|4.||Exam date||–||14 November 2021|
|6.||SSB Dates||–||January – February|
|8.||Final Result||–||May 2022 (Tentitative)|
UPSE CDS Exam 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria for Indian Military Academy, Indian Air Force Academy, Indian Naval Academy and officers training academy are slightly different from each other. All the eligibility criteria are given below.
- Candidate should have citizenship of India/Nepal/Bhutan.
- For IMA and INA, The age of the candidate’s should be 18 to 23 years while Applying and 19 to 24 years during joining.
- For AFA, The age of the candidate’s should be 19 to 23 years while Applying and 20 to 24 years during joining.
Note – Those who hold a commercial pilot license, issued by the DGCA, get a 2-year age relaxation.
- For OTA, The age of the candidate’s should be 18 to 24 years while Applying and 19 to 25 years during joining.
Note – only class 10th marksheet or certificate are valid for date of birth proof.
- For IMA, AFA & INA, only Make candidate’s are eligible.
- For OTA, Both male and female candidate’s are eligible.
- For IMA & OTA, The candidate’s should have graduated in any stream from any recognized institution.
- For AFA, The candidate’s should have graduated in any stream from any recognized institution.
- Candidates must have studied Math and Physics at 10+2 level.
- For INA, Candidate should have a Bachelor degree in Engineering.
Note – No minimum Mark’s needed in qualifying exam and final year are also eligible to apply.
- For IMA & INA, candidate’s must be un-married.
- For AFA, Both married & un-married candidate’s are eligible.
Note – Candidates who are more than 25 years old can get married but they cannot live with their family during training.
- For OTA, Both married & un-married male candidate’s are eligible.
- Un-married, issueless divorce & issueless widow female candidate’s are eligible.
Medical criteria for all Academy
- Both male and female Candidate must be physically and mentally fit.
Height requirements for male
- For IMA, 157.5 cm
- For AFA, 162. 5 cm
- For INA, 157 cm
Height requirement for female
- For OTA, 152 cm
- Weight is according to height-weight ratio chart
|Vision Standard||For Naval Candidates||Air force candidates||For Indian Army Candidates|
|Uncorrected without Glasses||6/12,6/12||6/6,6/9||6/60,6/60|
|Corrected with Glasses||6/6,6/6||6/6,6/6 (Only for hypermetropia)||6/6,6/6|
|Limits of myopia||-1.5D||-0.5D||-3.5D|
|Limits of Hypermetropia||+1.5D||+2.0D||+3.5D|
|Binocular VisiColour perception||I||–||CP-III on:III|
CDS Exam Selection Procedure
Selection is done on the basis of written exam and interview. Let us know in detail about written exam.
For the written examination, firstly the candidate’s have to fill the application form. Now your admit card will come, after that you have to go for the exam.
Exam takes place in 3 steps. First there will be English exam and then you will get 1 hour rest. Then there will be GK exam and after that you will get 1 hour rest. Then there will be Elementary Mathematics exam. OTA Candidate’s does not need to attend in Exam of elementary mathematics. Result comes after about 2 months of exam.
The candidate who qualifies the written test is called for the Intelligent Test and Personality Test. This test should be done by the candidate properly as it also has negative marking.
After qualifying the test, you are given 2 weeks to register on the Indian Navy website. If you are already registered, you do not need to register again.
Those who qualify this test are called for SSB interview.
- After approximately 1 month, AFA candidates are given 7 days time to select SSB dates.
- Approximately After 2 month, IMA & INA candidates are given 7 days time to select SSB dates.
- After approximately 3 month, OTA candidates are given 7 days time to select SSB dates.
Note – If the candidate’s does not select the date, then the date is alloted to them by the SSB conducting authority, which does not change at any cost.
SSB Centers are located in different cities for different army interview. Candidate can know by the following table.
|S.No.||For Indian Army||For Indian Air Force||For Indian Navy|
|2.||Bhopal Coimbtore||Mysore||Bhopal Coimbatore|
SSB Interview Process
This is overview of SSB Interview.
- Stage I (Screening)
- Officers Intelligence and Rating Test
- Picture Perception and Discussion Test
- Stage II
- Psychological Tests
- GTO Test
- Personal Interview
UPSE CDS 2021 Application Form
Application will be filled online from the official website of UPSE. First Candidate have to registered and then fill the entire application form. Candidate have to fill the details such as personal details, Academic details, Qualification details, Communication details and after that Candidate have to upload the required documents then you have to pay the application fee which is 200/- for general and OBC. For SC/ST/Women , Application fee is zero. Don’t forget to take print out of application form.
UPSE CDS (II) 2021 Exam Pattern
All three Exam will be conduct on Single Day. 1 hour rest between All Three Exam. No. of Question and timing are different for all three. Exam pattern are given below.
- Exam will be offline on OMR Sheet
- Question paper will be available in Both Hindi and English Language.
- Objective type Question’s will be asked in the exam.
- Duration of Exam 2 hours for each paper.
- Whole paper will be of 100 marks
- 1/3 negative marking
- No. of Question’s
- 120 Question will be asked in English exam.
- 120 Question will be asked in General Knowledge exam.
- 100 Question will be asked in Mathematics Exam.
- English = 09:00 A.M. to 11.00 A.M.
- GK = 12:00 Noon to 02:00 P.M.
- Mathematics = 03:00 P.M. to 05:00 P.M.
UPSE CDS 2021 Syllabus
The questions asked in English and General Knowledge exams are of graduation level. Questioning in Elementary Mathematics is asked at high school level. Syllabus for both subject is given below.
- Sentence improvement
- Reading comprehension
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- One word substitution
- Para jumbled
- Sentences jumble
- Spot the error
- Cloze test etc
- General science
- Indian constitution
- Indian economy
- Current affair
- Indian politics
- Indian Navy & military
- Books and authors
- Sports and awards etc
UPSE CDS Exam Centre
Exam Centers for written examination are located in these 41 cities. List is given below.
|Panaji (Goa)||Patna||Port Blair|
CDS 2021 Salary and promotion
Here is given all the details like pay scale,MSP, Grade pay etc along with final Salary.
|Rank||Grade Pay||Pay Bands/Scale||MSP||Final Salary|
Pay and Allowance
- Medical Allowance
- Canteen Facility
- Dearness Allowance
- Kit maintenance allowance
- Siachen Allowance
- Uniform Allowance
- Transport Allowance